Johnson will ask for Brexit delay after losing parliament vote -EU official

rooster59

16 minutes ago, the guest said:

I hope EU deny giving UK an extension, this charade of incompetence has gone on far too long. Must be very embarrassing to think a once nation cannot even grasp the concept of the people's vote.

How right you are.

Some of the stuff I read here just reminds me that the UK once had Communists, Black Shirt fascists etc mixed within the populace. Thankfully they are near history.

The people here spouting democracy yet don't allow it if it doesn't suit them reminds me of the UK's past ...????

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Doge said:

Brexit would appear to be prime example of why the sun set on the British empire. Endless indecisions and drama. Feeble, dowager of a nation.

Respect the vote. Brexit. Freedom.

Gawd, not another.....????

31 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I hope the Judge suspends the hearing and demands Boris attends in person.

It is a civil case, with political overtones, so I doubt whether even the most enthusiastic interventionist of judges would (or maybe could) summon the Prime Minister.

49 minutes ago, SteveK said:

No more extensions please. Deal or no deal it's gone on long enough. People need to be able to get on with their lives.

Absolutely. No more extensions. Just revoke Article 50 and put this whole sorry saga behind us!

40 minutes ago, david555 said:

oh …. time is running to 31 oct..... don't give him delay time for planning another one trick(s) signed by his aid .....

I can imagine the remainers in parliament standing around on November 1 and saying "but, but, but":-)

You go Boris. You show them you are the Man!

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can imagine the remainers in parliament standing around on November 1 and saying "but, but, but":-)

I can imagine the remainers in parliament standing around on November 1 and saying, "Boris! Do you need a hand digging that ditch?"

You go Boris. You show them you are a man of your word!

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They sure would ….only IF....

Mean time E.U. is looking with more & more unbelieve about what is happening ...who is in control …. who is the boss to deal with …..on that Island !? 

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Mean time E.U. is looking with more & more unbelieve about what is happening ...who is in control …. who is the boss to deal with …..on that Island !? 

I am sure the EU controllers know exactly how UK law works...????

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

What I don't understand is - it has been the most difficult maths conundrum known to peoplekind. Since 2016 the world's best and brightest can not work out which is bigger 52% or 48%. Yet yesterday it was determined immediately after the Letwin vote that 51% is bigger than 49%. I am mystified!

6 hours ago, Basil B said:

Johnson since becoming Prime Minister has lost everything...

He has lost:

• Every vote in the Commons
  • A parliamentary majority
  • Loads of MP's
  • Court action over his illegal proroguing of Parliament
  • Cabinet ministers, including his brother have walked out on him
  • & ALL CREDIBILITY...

Let's face it he is a looser.

Pot calling..... 

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I am sure the EU controllers know exactly how UK law works...????

So they could expect HOC. speaker J Bercow , in case appointed by the proper legal instances..., to come with the correct letter demanding extension…?  

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

I assume that you mean that Dominic Cummings is the first dictator then Jon Lansman will probably be the second dictator.

Didn't do English history at school then? Go back to 1653.

Now back to the topic. Tick tock, time is running out for the remainers, who I expect to become evermore frantic as D Day approaches.

2 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

What I don't understand is - it has been the most difficult maths conundrum known to peoplekind. Since 2016 the world's best and brightest can not work out which is bigger 52% or 48%. Yet yesterday it was determined immediately after the Letwin vote that 51% is bigger than 49%. I am mystified!

Must be the Anglophile measures I guess ….????

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just disregard democracy then?

Wonder how important that is for the man in the street in the U.K.? 

According to me the majority just want everything stops, and things go on in one way or another. 

I have difficulty to accept people will come on the street, like they do in France. 

Not really the U.K. style. 

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

So they could expect HOC. speaker J Bercow , in case appointed by the proper legal instances..., to come with the correct letter demanding extension…?  

He's probably across the channel as we speak, sitting in Starbucks looking over his shoulder fumbling with his brief case.....????

4 minutes ago, transam said:

He's probably across the channel as we speak, sitting in Starbucks looking over his shoulder fumbling with his brief case.....????

Not Yet …. besides he has a bizzy HOC. day coming Monday and sure take control of that himself ...as needed

6 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

If you are mystified, let me try to explain simply why this Brexit business is so difficult. The 52% who voted to leave in effect voted to make the country poorer.  All governments should seek to make the country richer and more prosperous. That's the conundrum. It's not simple as some people might suggest.  

3 minutes ago, sniggie said:

If you are mystified, let me try to explain simply why this Brexit business is so difficult. The 52% who voted to leave in effect voted to make the country poorer.  All governments should seek to make the country richer and more prosperous. That's the conundrum. It's not simple as some people might suggest.  

Think you are 3+ years to late with that....????

8 minutes ago, sniggie said:

They voted to be out of the EU with only the benefits of being in - in other words to disrupt the EU, being in and out, or out and in , if you prefer.   

1 minute ago, Opl said:

They voted to be out of the EU with only the benefits of being in - in other words to disrupt the EU, being in and out.   

But by doing so created big problems for themselves... ????

40 minutes ago, Opl said:

They voted to be out of the EU with only the benefits of being in - in other words to disrupt the EU, being in and out, or out and in , if you prefer.   

They voted for something that was impossible to deliver, promised to them by mendacious politicians.

Now those same lying politicians are trying to foist something on the public that is completely different, but insisting to people this is what you voted for.

Sadly too many people are happy to believe them.    

Well I see charges now of, "Contempt of Parliament" although he may have found loopholes in the hastily conceived Benn act, he knew of its intentions and the views of Parliament in bringing this law that he may have circumvented with in the law but he has clearly been disobedient of Parliament's wishes. 

Parliament The Commons has the power to charge him with and can suspend or expel him.

MPs accused of contempt of Parliament may be suspended or expelled. They may also be committed to the clock tower of the Palace of Westminster, although this practice has not been used since Charles Bradlaugh was detained in 1880. Strangers (those who are not members of the House) may be committed to prison during the life of the Parliament. The House of Lords has the power to fine as well as to order imprisonment for a term of years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_Parliament

Archived