Johnson will ask for Brexit delay after losing parliament vote -EU official

rooster59

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

What I don't understand is - it has been the most difficult maths conundrum known to peoplekind. Since 2016 the world's best and brightest can not work out which is bigger 52% or 48%. Yet yesterday it was determined immediately after the Letwin vote that 51% is bigger than 49%. I am mystified!

What you don’t understand is the difference between a legally binding vote and an opinion poll. 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, david555 said:

But by doing so created big problems for themselves... ????

"In simple terms, Schrödinger stated that if you place a cat and something that could kill the cat (a radioactive atom) in a box and sealed it, you would not know if the cat was dead or alive until you opened the box, so that until the box was opened, the cat was (in a sense) both "dead and alive". This is used to represent how scientific theory works. No one knows if any scientific theory is right or wrong until said theory can be tested and proved.[3]"

How quantum physics may explain the British government’s negotiating strategy

1 hour ago, david555 said:

So they could expect HOC. speaker J Bercow , in case appointed by the proper legal instances..., to come with the correct letter demanding extension…?  

The letter would be a farce...

As the only way to sort this mess out is with a legally binding Referendum, and only with a clear majority indicating they want out on the clear terms agreed with the EU would Brexit happen else we will revoke Article 50, that will take time to organise with the referendum likely being held in May 2020, so an extension to 31st of June 2020 seems more appropriate. 

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

As the only way to sort this mess out is with a legally binding Referendum, and only with a clear majority indicating they want out on the clear terms agreed with the EU would Brexit happen else we will revoke Article 50, that will take time to organise with the referendum likely being held in May 2020, so an extension to 31st of June 2020 seems more appropriate. 

"The letter would be a farce..."

But still needing that letter to give all your proposals the time to get done ….if even possible ….as 11 days 6 hours …. minutes and ticking ...  

8 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Thanks to the better reporting from the Daily Mail we learn the above is a half truth at best. Johnson actually sent 3 letters. The 1st as alluded to above went unsigned and was only sent to placate the Benn act and its traitorous supporters. The other letters clarified the UK

The posted Reuters report was quite accurate. It was posted BEFORE the letters you allude to were sent.

5 minutes ago, Basil B said:

The only mess is the politicians shafting the peoples vote, now you want another peoples vote just in case it goes the other way, then the politicians and you can all relax if it does. If it did, then you and they are treacherous individuals..

3 minutes ago, transam said:

The only mess is the politicians shafting the peoples vote, now you want another peoples vote just in case it goes the other way, then the politicians and you can all relax if it does. If it did, then you and they are treacherous individuals..

So lets make sure we do not leave by default on the 31st October, then we can have a General Election, as it has been pointed out the referendum was not binding nor did it make clear on what terms.

So lets have a General Election and then if the new Parliament so wishes a Binding Referendum.

4 minutes ago, Basil B said:

So lets make sure we do not leave by default on the 31st October, then we can have a General Election, as it has been pointed out the referendum was not binding nor did it make clear on what terms.

So lets have a General Election and then if the new Parliament so wishes a Binding Referendum.

So now we have the "Not binding" ploy again.........Gawd.....????

If only they had made it binding we wouldn't be in this mess-  incompetence.  Mind you it would have been struck down because of the cheating so we still probably would not have had our Brexit yet.  Or perhaps it could have been done again properly in the intervening 3+ years.

Do we Europeans really want the British in our EU?

They have always been more pro US than pro Europe, even with Labour governments.

Always stepping on the brakes, and begging for opt outs and rebates that in their view they were entitled to.

And now this unsigned letter? Together with 2 signed ones?

Only an Etonian prolific lyer with no respect for his own legal system could come up with that.

No wonder so many British feel at home in Thailand.

A regime change would not solve anything - same 19th century nationalism would prevail.

Come on Macron, make the humiliation complete, and say "NON" like your famous predecessor De Gaulle.

11 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Do we Europeans really want the British in our EU?

They have always been more pro US than pro Europe, even with Labour governments.

Always stepping on the brakes, and begging for opt outs and rebates that in their view they were entitled to.

And now this unsigned letter? Together with 2 signed ones?

Only an Etonian prolific lyer with no respect for his own legal system could come up with that.

No wonder so many British feel at home in Thailand.

A regime change would not solve anything - same 19th century nationalism would prevail.

Come on Macron, make the humiliation complete, and say "NON" like your famous predecessor De Gaulle.

If it was not because  Ireland they already would consider that seriously...!

33 minutes ago, transam said:

Again and again....????

28 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

EHTmstLXYAArEcb.jpg

How do you bind people to do something without specifying what it is ? Leave is a wooly concept. 

To have a binding referendum you need to have a fully worked out proposal so people know exactly what they are voting for. Ask those countries that have binding referendums.  

6 hours ago, david555 said:

Colloquially, calling someone a "tool" is akin to dismissing them as a fool, a wally, an idiot, and any number of cruder epithets, all of which rather fit Oliver Letwin's profile!

Fyi , a tool has uses , tools of the trade . 

I remember then well ...

14 minutes ago, elliss said:

Fyi , a tool has uses , tools of the trade . 

I remember then well ...

That's lately a TVisa forum problem :quotes who are not mine as this was answer I got from someone 

Here under was my real reply , yours is not my txt

Real.png

Thanks to the better reporting from the Daily Mail we learn the above is a half truth at best. Johnson actually sent 3 letters. The 1st as alluded to above went unsigned and was only sent to placate the Benn act and its traitorous supporters. The other letters clarified the UK governments real position. They do not want any further dithers and delays and will crash out of the EU with no deal on the 31st October if the Johnson deal is not signed and implemented.
 Wouldn't it be ironic if the anti democratic remainers ended up forcing the proper Brexit we voted on all those years ago. Amusing times indeed!
In your dreams.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Boris gave it his best shot. He should resign and let the populace see what a shower the parliamentarians are when they descend into chaos.
He's never going to win against the remainers that have proven they will do anything to subvert the will of the majority of voters in the referendum.
All he does by staying is make himself a loser.
If there is one thing that drives hard Brexiteers mad it is Parliamentary Democracy. And 'er UK Law.

Agreed. It was a terrible deal. But I did support it, only to get the whole saga done and get on with our lives. Many of us have business interests in the UK, this remainer nonsense since the referendum has caused more harm than even a hard Brexit would have done. Now that the compromise failed so spectacularly, I hope we get the proper hard Brexit we voted for. Feeling quietly confident....
Hard Brexiteers going quietly bonkers.

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"I will not negotiate a delay with the EU and neither does the law compel me to do so," he told parliament. "I will tell our friends and colleagues in the EU exactly what I have told everyone else in the last 88 days that I have served as prime minister: that further delay would be bad for this country, bad for the European Union and bad for democracy."

Well said Boris all those un-democratic idiots who want another referendum will just make things worse.  

He is not , he is a "man of action" and a person "of action" can do mistakes or can loose. compare to the consens "persons"
He has honour and a straight forward going thinking. compare to others.

Now UK and EU loose more , in terms of money and the curencys will further weak. The market waiting for an end , every end is better than a no end

Johnson was with his heart and soul behind trying get an end

The rest of the blabla people are same like thais blablabla

and after 2 years the mai said " we dont know what we want, but we can tell the world what we dont want "----- a result  of 2 yr stupid doing.

I hope Eu not accept a further delay..and get out with no deal

end of story

Boris has honour [emoji1782]

At least Boris has shown his honesty and determination and tried his best to get the 2016 vote result done. He is sitting pretty going into a general election, and I just can't wait to see these anti democracy remainers get their just deserts when the election comes. This will be priceless.
No he isn't. Hard Brexiteers here still pushing the lie of referendum = no-deal Brexit.

Archived