Johnson will ask for Brexit delay after losing parliament vote -EU official

rooster59

Sour grapes by the losers for three years. Don't they realize how foolish they look and constituents won't forget when it comes to being re elected. The damage these idiots are doing to the economy that they say are trying to protect is unbelievable....5th November soon...I will certainly be setting off a few fireworks.
Foolish idiots are those still pushing no-deal Brexit.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody reported me for trolling.

I hereby take back all the nasty things I said about the Spice Girls, Flying Brexit Circus, the Beatles, and Cheddar cheese.

Of course I will continue to praise Pink Floyd, John Lennon, Godwin, Monty Python and George Best - I am not a resentful person.

But I take nothing back from my comments on Churchill (admired by Boris - no, obviously not the grandson...).

May I invite you to read:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/not-his-finest-hour-the-dark-side-of-winston-churchill-2118317.html

And I ask again: what have the British ever done for us Europeans?

25 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

No he isn't. Hard Brexiteers here still pushing the lie of referendum = no-deal Brexit.

If a deal isn't agreed we leave without one. 

That was always the case and everyone was aware of it. 

Benn's surrender act just kicks the can down the road which is all Remainers are capable of until they are removed via an election. I can wait.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Benn's surrender act just kicks the can down the road which is all Remainers are capable of until they are removed via an election. I can wait.

But that isn't what is going to happen is it?  It seems like under no circumstances will this parliament allow a no-deal.  BJ's numbers in an election held prior to an exit look rather grim as I remember.

27 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

And I ask again: what have the British ever done for us Europeans?

"Ask not what Britain has done for you, ask what you have done for Britain?"

What has Britain ever done for you? We gave you the Spice Girls, Beatles, Pink Floyd, the Rolling stones, Monty Python and George Best. Godwin???

You gave us Hitler and Mussolini. And you complain about us wanting a rebate?

Thank you for waiting.

53 minutes ago, Slip said:

But that isn't what is going to happen is it?  It seems like under no circumstances will this parliament allow a no-deal.  BJ's numbers in an election held prior to an exit look rather grim as I remember.

A general election is needed for several reasons. As the horseplay continues, this need increases.   

All 27 EU leaders have to agree for a new Brexit extension to be granted and they will grumble, they will moan and they will stamp their feet (metaphorically, at least).

But, if push comes to shove, with the alternative being no deal at all, then, after more than three years of Brexit process and negotiating two Brexit deals with two UK prime ministers, I cannot imagine the EU slamming the door in the face of the UK now.

If the House of Commons refuses to approve the new Brexit deal in the next couple of weeks, then granting a new extension would be in EU leaders' interest. They are keen not be blamed by their own citizens for a costly no-deal Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50113287

The fact they know that when the no deal by default exit is bolted shut, there will be a General Election and probably another Government and another referendum that will revoke Article 50.

19 minutes ago, Basil B said:

The fact they know that when the no deal by default exit is bolted shut, there will be a General Election and probably another Government and another referendum that will revoke Article 50.

So the E.U. would have to be bold enough to keep the 1 or more veto(s) against extension as a real possibility treat ….?

Because I really regret Blondie's deal was not accepted (yet ) as I t was a good one for us E.U. …..this from E.U. point of view , understanding the opposite U.K. remain view .

As just as with the Titanic..., it is at last resort every one for himself ….! E.U. was not leaving...U.K. decided so …. this as my excuse for the different choice if could be possible, sorry chaps ... ????

Daniel Boffey and Jennifer Rankin in Brussels

Sun 20 Oct 2019 10.41 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/20/eu-will-wait-until-mps-debate-brexit-deal-before-extension-decision

EU will wait until MPs debate Brexit deal to make extension decision

Withdrawal deal to be sent to MEPs on Monday as Brussels consults on appetite for delay

The EU will wait until the Brexit deal comes in front of MPs on Tuesday before making decisions on the terms of a further extension.

With MPs likely to vote on a series of amendments to the deal including a confirmatory referendum, Brussels is reluctant to be dragged into the political drama in Westminster.

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

Daniel Boffey and Jennifer Rankin in Brussels

Sun 20 Oct 2019 10.41 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/20/eu-will-wait-until-mps-debate-brexit-deal-before-extension-decision

EU will wait until MPs debate Brexit deal to make extension decision

Withdrawal deal to be sent to MEPs on Monday as Brussels consults on appetite for delay

The EU will wait until the Brexit deal comes in front of MPs on Tuesday before making decisions on the terms of a further extension.

With MPs likely to vote on a series of amendments to the deal including a confirmatory referendum, Brussels is reluctant to be dragged into the political drama in Westminster.

Yes, makes sense.

58 minutes ago, david555 said:

So the E.U. would have to be bold enough to keep the 1 or more veto(s) against extension as a real possibility treat ….?

Because I really regret Blondie's deal was not accepted (yet ) as I t was a good one for us E.U. …..this from E.U. point of view , understanding the opposite U.K. remain view .

As just as with the Titanic..., it is at last resort every one for himself ….! E.U. was not leaving...U.K. decided so …. this as my excuse for the different choice if could be possible, sorry chaps ... ????

Blondie... I listed things that he has lost in the last 12 weeks on the first page, that list is only going to larger, there is the Queens speech,  the 31st of October deadline, a vote of confidence, the leadership of the Tory Party, a General Election, maybe even his constituency seat, I predict all before Christmas.

The only thing he will not lose is a vote on the Withdrawal bill because as he proved yesterday he was not going to win so he chickened out after Left Wing Ollie's amendment was passed, so he will present it time and time again only to chicken out every time it get's to the Division because he does not have the numbers.   

The guy is a loser...

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, makes sense.

SO U.K or leavers ….Keep challenging the E.U that they never wish  to refuse  extension ,and only need 1 to keep his / her leg straight and it's done …..so up to you , but I think the moment is coming closer …. it can not go on forever for us …. and the result can be very good possibility a border on the island shall be there anyway then….. and good luck wished   for your politicians "game play" to survive that political way all party's

19 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Blondie... I listed things that he has lost in the last 12 weeks on the first page, that list is only going to larger, there is the Queens speech,  the 31st of October deadline, a vote of confidence, the leadership of the Tory Party, a General Election, maybe even his constituency seat, I predict all before Christmas.

The only thing he will not lose is a vote on his deal because as he proved yesterday he was not going to win so he chickened out after Left Wing Ollie's amendment was passed, so he will present it time and time again only to chicken out every time it get's to the Division because he does not have the numbers.   

The guy is a loser...

Agreed and understanding all, but I guess it is very good possible that even a election can not solve this division , even more fractioned , it is always not good for one or another , even splits in party's as seen recently all shifts to other party's.

If Brexit done Scotland goes for independence , if Brexit no deal N. Ireland people not happy , even voted for no Brexit in general . After G.E. I foresee almost same outcome as the Brexit referendum with maybe small shift from leave to remain , but not big ….a 50/50 …? I hope for U.K. not that final outcome as that would be a disaster ...

Short said United Kingdom if you are now not yet aware ….you are in a hopeless mess 

And I think that E.U. don't wish to be involved in that coming fact

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Agreed and understanding all, but I guess it is very good possible that even a election can not solve this division , even more fractioned , it is always not good for one or another , even splits in party's as seen recently all shifts to other party's.

If Brexit done Scotland goes for independence , if Brexit no deal N. Ireland people not happy , even voted for no Brexit in general . After G.E. I foresee almost same outcome as the Brexit referendum with maybe small shift from leave to remain , but not bog ….a 50/50 …? I hope for U.K. not that final outcome as that would be a disaster ...

Short said United Kingdom if you are now not yet aware ….you are in a hopeless mess 

And I think that E.U. don't wish to be involved in that coming fact

After UK saying "No" to all options ( Remain, Leave with TM deal, leave with no deal, leave with BJ new deal) the EU is expected to make last minute concessions to end the saga..  the Art of the "No-Deal"  

27 minutes ago, Basil B said:

The only thing he will not lose is a vote on the Withdrawal bill because as he proved yesterday he was not going to win so he chickened out after Left Wing Ollie's amendment was passed, so he will present it time and time again only to chicken out every time it get's to the Division because he does not have the numbers.   

The guy is a loser...

The_Sunday_Mail.jpg

5 minutes ago, Opl said:

After UK saying "No" to all options ( Remain, Leave with TM deal, leave with no deal, leave with BJ new deal) the EU is expected to make last minute concessions to end the saga..  the Art of the "No-Deal"  

Yes I get slowly the impression they like to trouble us so much that we finally refuse a extension  (now or next time  555) so the no deal camp wins and  the present winners remain camp …loose …. same with the no confidence vote ….. all blocked as also there one don't want to give in on each other ….so playing the card for the one they like to defeat …… ultimate blockage 

12 minutes ago, Opl said:

It is obvious there is only one thing the UK can do to stop this fascicle nonsense going on and on...  Revoke Article 50

Then it will be over by 31st October.

6 minutes ago, Basil B said:

It is obvious there is only one thing the UK can do to stop this fascicle nonsense going on and on...  Revoke Article 50

yes that is the half of U.K.  choice …. try to convince them ….. good luck , more chance to find water on Mars 

Archived