Is it necessary to make a reservation to submit an tourist visa application at the Thai consulate in Saigon now?

Hi,

Is it necessary to make a reservation to submit an application for tourist visa at the Thai consulate in Saigon now? (Similar to the new reservation system in Vientiane).

Or is it still possible to just walk in during office hours?

GoGet

Edited by GoGet

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Walk in. Its the size of a large telephone both. Arrive before 11.30am. Pick up next day after 1pm.

Ok, sounds good. Have you been there recently? If you have a European passport, what documents did they require?

8 minutes ago, GoGet said:

Ok, sounds good. Have you been there recently? If you have a European passport, what documents did they require?

I have not been recently, however many recent threads about visas from Saigon with no appointment.

Try the forum search. Members giving wealth of advice about places to stay etc. BTW Saigon is a ripper joint. If you have the time stay few nights and check it out. District 1, Bui Vien (walking st) you can't go wrong

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Have a hotel booking, a ticket out of Thailand and proof of some of funds

( 20,000 baht ) with you. 

Good advice. OP, note that the onward flight needs to be a print out confirmed booking. Screenshot won't cut it.

On 10/20/2019 at 9:20 AM, GoGet said:

Jumping in

I was there last week.

No appointment required, and i've seen a bunch of people submitting application in the afternoon (i thought it was morning only, but apparently you can do afternoon too).

Don't forget to bring a bank statement, they were asking for 3 months bank statements even for TR visas.

Don't forget to bring USD with you, they don't accept VND or THB (and only undamaged bank notes).

19 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Jumping in

I was there last week.

No appointment required, and i've seen a bunch of people submitting application in the afternoon (i thought it was morning only, but apparently you can do afternoon too).

Don't forget to bring a bank statement, they were asking for 3 months bank statements even for TR visas.

Don't forget to bring USD with you, they don't accept VND or THB (and only undamaged bank notes).

What time in the arvo did you see folk submit app. I have only heard one guy saying he did it pm and he was first in line after lunch break.

Edited by DrJack54

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What time in the arvo did you submit app. I have only heard one guy saying he did it pm and he was first in line after lunch break.

I submitted my application in the morning but next day i went back to pickup my passport at 13:30, there was already about 30+ people waiting in line, took me like around 45 minutes to get to the counter.

9 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

I submitted my application in the morning but next day i went back to pickup my passport at 13:30, there was already about 30+ people waiting in line, took me like around 45 minutes to get to the counter.

Yes but those people were picking up their pp.

Edit. Ubon cleared it up.

Saigon has changed so much. Some years back there was hardly any people there. 

Edited by DrJack54

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes but those people were picking up their pp

Nope. I know it's surprising but :

i've seen and talked with several people who were submitting application in the afternoon and i am 100% sure of that.

Maybe it's not official but they were accepting it anyway, i'm 1 million % sure, I've seen them at the counter, asked them, I've seen their forms, i've heard them talking with the embassy staff at the counter and so on, what i'm saying is not a guess or a maybe, it's a fact.

That really <deleted> me off BTW because  :

1) They were slowing down the ppl like me who were just here to collect their passport

2) I had failed to submit my app on Thursday morning so went back on Friday morning, not knowing that i could have done it on Thursday afternoon, then the embassy was closed on Monday, i lost my flight ticket, had to stay 3 more days in Saigon so i was really <deleted> when i saw a bunch of people applying in the afternoon.

Anyway i wouldn't recommend anyone to plan a trip for an afternoon application, that's probably not official and maybe when there's too many people waiting they don't accept afternoon applications, who knows ?

Edited by Pepper9187

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I removed my post. Got locations mixed up.

But it might still be a carry over from the morning if it was a busy day.

Yeah, could be.

The consulate was closed on Monday (public holiday) so maybe ?

But even on Tuesday afternoon there wasn't that many people in there.

Even on their website they do not clearly say (like for the Vientiane embassy) that application must be submitted in the morning only, they say that the visa section is opened between 8:30 - 11:30 and 13:30 - 15:00 so, and the results are day+1 / afternoon, so... weird ?

image.png.09783d1ec6d46a6539c6e43616e25ef5.png

image.png.74f732bf0d453a74a19ede2cc5bd6a78.png

On 10/21/2019 at 11:27 AM, DrJack54 said:

Yes but those people were picking up their pp.

Edit. Ubon cleared it up.

Saigon has changed so much. Some years back there was hardly any people there. 

I was in Hanoi last time in February. Hardly any people at all at the embassy. I might have seen one other applicant the first day, not sure anymore. It is as easy as it can be. I don't know why Saigon would be more attractive as from my understanding it requires some more documents than Hanoi.

2 minutes ago, rabang said:

I was in Hanoi last time in February. Hardly any people at all at the embassy. I might have seen one other applicant the first day, not sure anymore. It is as easy as it can be. I don't know why Saigon would be more attractive as from my understanding it requires some more documents than Hanoi.

My understanding is pretty much same for setv. Hanoi great place. Many use Saigon cheaper flight. 109 bus to district 1. Many other reasons.