Court to deliver ’Thanathorn’ ruling on Nov 20

rooster59

Praphorn Praphornkul

a82c71e07c5fd3134ce83f084388642c.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Constitutional Court will read the ruling in the media shareholding case of the Future Forward Party leader, Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, on November 20, 2019.

On Friday (Oct 18), Constitutional Court judges spent six hours questioning 10 defense witnesses, after the Election Commission (EC) asked the court to deliberate whether Mr. Thanathorn’s status as a member of parliament (MP) since he was holding shares in V-Luck Media Company when he applied to become an MP, a prohibition under the charter.

After the hearing, the court will deliver its ruling at 2 p.m. on November 20. If both sides do not submit their closing statements within 15 days, the court will consider that it already has sufficient information to make a ruling.

The Future Forward Party leader and all the defense witnesses insisted on their innocence and said they do not have any agenda. They expressed their confidence that there will be no further problems after this witness testimony.

The 10 witnesses included Mr. Thanathorn, his mother, his wife, his mother’s grandson, his lawyer, his driver and V-Luck Media employees.

nnd.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-10-20

40 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Seems that all the allegations against the fathead were cleared super really fast and for Thanthorn they just drag it out and on so he cannot sit in government. My guess is they will say guilty on some trumped up notion.

I think you are right unfortunately. This guy is really scaring them as he is not dirty and attracts a lot of young people. He is a force to be reckoned with in the future. 

But on the other hand i read in the BKK post that he has no real proof that he had transferred the shares and could not remember many details. So it could well be that he technically is guilty. 

I really hope he wont be found guilty, this guy is the future of Thailand. 

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think you are right unfortunately. This guy is really scaring them as he is not dirty and attracts a lot of young people. He is a force to be reckoned with in the future. 

But on the other hand i read in the BKK post that he has no real proof that he had transferred the shares and could not remember many details. So it could well be that he technically is guilty. 

Technically guilty? Meaning what? If he did own shares, he should lose his status? 

32 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yeah there will be some holes they will say and prove Thanathorn cannot patch and then he will be ostracized and exiled. Not sure if they could put him in jail for something like this or give probation telling him to shut up or you go in.

43 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Technically guilty? Meaning what? If he did own shares, he should lose his status? 

Yes and why i call it technically guilt as its just a farce. What i read he has not proven that he moved / sold his shares for the deadline. I find a farce.. but technically it could be that he broke the law. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Yes and why i call it technically guilt as its just a farce. What i read he has not proven that he moved / sold his shares for the deadline. I find a farce.. but technically it could be that he broke the law. 

Right. You’re saying he should lose his status if he broke this law.

Now, would this same law apply to Prayut had he owned media shares? 

Just now, rkidlad said:

Right. You’re saying he should lose his status if he broke this law.

Now, would this same law apply to Prayut had he owned media shares? 

I am saying he could lose it for breaking the law and that I think the law is a farce. I disagree with it.

The same law would apply on Prayut but he would not be convicted. Double standards and all. That makes it more farcical. 

I am saying he could lose it for breaking the law and that I think the law is a farce. I disagree with it.

The same law would apply on Prayut but he would not be convicted. Double standards and all. That makes it more farcical. 

I asked you a simple question. Do you think Thanatorn should lose his status if he really did break this law? Yes or no?

Just now, rkidlad said:

I asked you a simple question. Do you think Thanatorn should lose his status if he really did break this law? Yes or no?

You should read better, i already answered your probably so intent on looking for things that are not there that you can't see the answer. 

If i say that i think its a farce and i disagree with it. Is it not clear then that I don't think he should lose his status for this. The company was not active at all, he tried to get rid of the shares. He did not benefit unfairly from it. I am not sure if you read all the news but others did not lose their status for similar things. 

You should read better, i already answered your probably so intent on looking for things that are not there that you can't see the answer. 

If i say that i think its a farce and i disagree with it. Is it not clear then that I don't think he should lose his status for this. The company was not active at all, he tried to get rid of the shares. He did not benefit unfairly from it. I am not sure if you read all the news but others did not lose their status for similar things. 

Just answer yes or no. Stop being disingenuous. 

Should Thanatorn lose his status if he broke this law? Yes or no? I think ‘no’. And u? 

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Just answer yes or no. Stop being disingenuous. 

Should Thanatorn lose his status if he broke this law? Yes or no? I think ‘no’. And u? 

You should learn to read its right there in the post you quote.

don't think he should lose his status for this.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

You should learn to read its right there in the post you quote.

don't think he should lose his status for this.

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

You just said ‘yes’ when I asked you. Now you’re saying no? 

I need a very simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’. No caveats. Should Thanatorn lose his status if he broke this law?

1 hour ago, robblok said:

That's a pretty bad looking article in the BKK Post that you reference above... It makes the guy look like a dufus who didn't have a clue of what was going on with his own business affairs, doesn't remember, doesn't have any records, didn't think the court really needed document(s) it requested, etc etc...

Maybe the article is politically slanted/biased, and I have no independent way of knowing what exactly transpired in court. But it's more than a bit perplexing how one can transfer corporate shares ownership to another person, and not have a document(s) that reflect that and the timing of it.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure there was prior news reporting on this claiming that the company involved wasn't really a media company and/or that it wasn't really operating at the time. And yet, no mention of any of those issues/questions in the Post article.

23 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You just said ‘yes’ when I asked you. Now you’re saying no? 

I need a very simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’. No caveats. Should Thanatorn lose his status if he broke this law?

Again, I dont think he should lose his status. I disagree with this law in this case.

What i said is that they might have enough to convict him (technically guilty) but if you look at the intent of the law i doubt there is enough. (intent of the law is to make sure that nobody has an extra advantage by having their own media company to promote them).

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's a pretty bad looking article in the BKK Post that you reference above... It makes the guy look like a dufus who didn't have a clue of what was going on with his own business affairs, doesn't remember, doesn't have any records, didn't think the court really needed document(s) it requested, etc etc...

Maybe the article is politically slanted/biased, and I have no independent way of knowing what exactly transpired in court. But it's more than a bit perplexing how one can transfer corporate shares ownership to another person, and not have a document(s) that reflect that and the timing of it.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure there was prior news reporting on this claiming that the company involved wasn't really a media company and/or that it wasn't really operating at the time. And yet, no mention of any of those issues/questions in the Post article.

I also have no clue to know if this article is true and yes he looked real bad in the article. It could be politically motivated I dont know.

I just know I like Thanathorn the best of all Thai politicians and he is the one that i support. 

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The 10 witnesses included Mr. Thanathorn, his mother, his wife, his mother’s grandson, his lawyer, his driver and V-Luck Media employees

Well heck, if his entire family say he did nothing wrong we should just take their word. I would not want anyone to question the integrity of his mother, grandmother, wife, or especially his lawyer who apparently cannot tell a lie.   sarcasm alert!

6 hours ago, robblok said:

I agree, given the opportunity this guy could very well be the future of Thailand and I'm sure those at the top realise that too, which could explain the recent allocation of billions of baht for the military.

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Constitutional Court judges spent six hours questioning 10 defense witnesses

So the Constitutional Court judges act in effect as the plaintiff's attorney?

Is the plaintiff (EC) unable to secure council to present their complaint?

The court judges would seem to be able to formulate the evidence upon which they will judge the relevancy to a final decision. This seems to be invite a judicial process of inherent appearance of bias for a state that calls itself a democracy.

I wonder if recent pro democracy protests close to Thailand will set an example for the youth of Thailand. If they can do it there they can do it here. If they expel him from parliament I wonder if the young supporters will take to the street as has happened often in Thailand before and is happening now close to here. I don't think it is a wise move to persecute him. They already control the government. Why stir up trouble with the disenfranchised youth?

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Things are not 100% clear about the technicalities of Thanathorn's share transfer.

But one thing is 1,000,000% clear: the junta are out to get Thanathorn, guilty (of a tiny little infraction of a rule) or innocent.

Thanathorn will be stopped.

And Thailand will continue to slip further and further back into the dinosaurian past ...

2 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I wonder if recent pro democracy protests close to Thailand will set an example for the youth of Thailand. If they can do it there they can do it here. If they expel him from parliament I wonder if the young supporters will take to the street as has happened often in Thailand before and is happening now close to here. I don't think it is a wise move to persecute him. They already control the government. Why stir up trouble with the disenfranchised youth?

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sadly, the junta forces know (from many years of experience) that they can do whatever they please - and the Thai public (young and old) will NOT launch million-fold mass action.

Thanathorn will NOT get the million-strong active support he needs and deserves.

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Things are not 100% clear about the technicalities of Thanathorn's share transfer.

But one thing is 1,000,000% clear: the junta are out to get Thanathorn, guilty (of a tiny little infraction of a rule) or innocent.

Thanathorn will be stopped.

And Thailand will continue to slip further and further back into the dinosaurian past ...

The junta and courts are only working for a higher force , ok they get their cut but this guy is a thorn in the side of government and other parties, who have absolutely no interest in reforming Thailand.

I agree he is the future hope for Thailand but you can bet they do as well and it frightens them.

I wish him well 

Keeping him at bay for the next 4 years, by then the country will be so far in debt,

it will take 8 years to reign in that debt, having a constitution of steel, is going to get him through this nonsense, a grey haired man he will be by the end,

and a true champion of the country is there  waiting for him if ,

he has that commitment.

I hope so. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, rooster59 said:

Tough one for the government to decide which way to go with this one.

Find him not guilty he will remain a thorn in their sides and back in his seat in parliament.

Find him guilty and you might just make a martyr out of him which will incite his followers and the younger voters! 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, rooster59 said:

Tough one for the government to decide which way to go with this one.

Find him not guilty he will remain a thorn in their sides and back in his seat in parliament.

Find him guilty and you might just make a martyr out of him which will incite his followers and the younger voters! 

Archived