Decent spring mattress... Where to buy

nomad2019

You need to define your definition of decent particulary as regards hardness. And what you will be putting it on top of.

Thai spring mattresses are hard as cement in my opinion. I can't sleep on them without a foam topper in which case depending on what this will go onto just buying foam topper might be best.

But if you like super hard then many brands to choose from here..

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Home pro seems to have promotions on quality mattresses almost all the time.  I have bought from them and am happy.  If you have time wait until a super save offering discounts on the discounted price.

Also get a homepro member's card (not a charge card).  You collect points and sometimes will offer extra reduction to members.  Also, if you want to return something they can look it up and find the item and the date.  Or buy another of the same thing.  No receipt required, in my experience.

I have not done this here in Ban Mai Chaiyapot, Buriram, but look notice boards in condominiums In pattaya.   A friend has seen nearly new stuff going for a song as the owners have sold up and just want to get rid.  

Also look on baht and sold site.  Nearly new things sold by people on the move to somewhere else.

Try Home Pro as many post, and you might also be able to find one in the Koncept stores. However, I bought ours in the outskirts in a local furniture store. Spring mattress for about 6-7k and then put a topper over just for easy bedding and softer to sleep on.

My last couple have been from HomePro, but were not cheap. Beware when they do not have them in stock.... they will be delivered by a van from Bangkok that gets lost on the way and makes you hang about all day. 

Bought a soft homematt mattress for myself some years ago from the mattress shop in front of HomePro cashiers in Pattaya Klang, I recall paid about 13000 (>30cm thick and soft enough), though not as soft as can get from IKEA at 10000. Prior to buying a new mattress, bought a soft topper that put on top of the hard mattress that came with my house, did not work with my back, pain every morning. So if your back sensitive for softness, topper may not work if base mattress is hard. My experience on toppers actually is that first have a very soft, thick and comfy mattress, and then put a solid memory foam topper on top to provide a bit rigidity, not the other way around. But to each of their own

If would buy now for myself, would get the soft one from IKEA and maybe put a topper on top.

About a year go I looked 5ft mattress for guest room, and I recall Baan&Beyond had a fairly thick foam mattress for around 6000 baht. Felt soft and comfortable and would have bought it however someone was selling effectively unused soft spring+foam mattress for 4000 that he said was too soft for him. Maybe they still have those for sale in B&B , not sure.

I would also tend to agree that for pretty much any furniture category, IKEA is the only place where you can get reasonably priced decent quality modern style furniture here. Index lower quality higher price. And for mattresses, local mattresses either cheap and rock hard or otherwise uncomfortable, or very expensive if soft. 10k from IKEA is a fair deal and very comfy. They have different hardness levels too so that can choose what you like...even the hardest is soft by local standards though.

But if you like hard and/or uncomfortable spring mattress, can just walk to closest furniture tent and find one for 2-3000 or something like that...

On 10/23/2019 at 1:58 PM, mran66 said:

10k from IKEA is a fair deal and very comfy. They have different hardness levels too so that can choose what you like...even the hardest is soft by local standards though.

have a link please

I swear by my Ikea mattress, decent price and they deliver.  I thought about 8/10K  (depends if you only want it long or short time, if longer term, that well worth the money)  I bought one and now I have many. 

BUT with IKEA Thailand you need to order and pay for it IN the store...figure that that out.  I had friend order it and then they delivered it in patty for a small charge

I would never order a mattress online without trying it first; what western and Asian/Thai think is an okay mattress is different

https://www.ikea.com/th/en/p/hoevag-pocket-sprung-mattress-firm-dark-grey-30269351/

15 minutes ago, Thjames said:

BUT with IKEA Thailand you need to order and pay for it IN the store...figure that that out.

Yes totally ridiculous and not useful unless you live near to the only store in Bangkok !!

what's the point of having an online store.. you get to the point of paying  but can't...no you have to physically go to the shop to pay !  ????

On 10/22/2019 at 4:01 PM, gamesgplayemail said:

The only good and cheap mattress is sold at Ikea. Of course not springs, because who not totally insane would buy springs in 2019 ?!

So for those of insane what has replaced springs?

have a link please
... And u might want to go give a try on the baan & beyond foam mattress. Thick soft and affordable

https://www.baanandbeyond.com/en/shop-by-room/bedroom/spring-rub-mattress/60285047.html

You never know even if they would have comfy and reasonably priced pocket spring ones as well, though did not when I was looking.

I vote for IKEA, good quality products at a fair price. I've had 3 mattresses in the UK and all good, one was still good after 10 years when i moved and sold the furniture.

The gamble with unproven makes is they may not last and not be comfortable.

If i ever buy a condo, I'm buying IKEA everything

Archived