A Strange Thing Happened.

NoshowJones

12 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

That would be Cue.

People who have Windows 10 Home installed, will be at the mercy of Feature Updates, wherein afterwards they may have to choose as to how to sign in.

They should choose the Offline option;

setup1809_2.jpg

setup1809_3.jpg

Choose Pro, where one has more control over the update process.

Even this is not so simple anymore as the latest versions have hidden the option for off-line accounts. There are easy work-arounds but the fact they are hiding the option, basically forcing the unaware to use Microsoft accounts is, IMO, wrong.

This is another strange thing to happen, not wanting to hi-jack Possum's post.

I have an i5 W10 Pro PC with 2 x 4GB RAM sticks. Found a spare 8 GB DDR3 stick from an old laptop so ordered an adapter from Lazada which arrived yesterday, Bht 172. Put the DDR3 into it.

Looked inside the PC and to my dismay saw that there were only two slots for RAM sticks. Said 'Oh F''K' , and turned PC back on, only to be met with continuous beeps, no boot up. I know that those beeps mean a CPU problem/failure, but the thing had been working fine 10 minutes earlier. Took out the original RAM sticks and put in the 'new' RAM/adapter. All fine.  Went back and tried each RAM stick individually in each slot, no good. The two RAMs had gone tits up at the same time. The RAM/adapter is 100% good. Any explanations anyone.

Unfortunatley I am the only PC in the village so cannot try the broken RAM in another PC.

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2019 at 9:33 PM, Lacessit said:

Pro costs how much extra? I never cease to wonder at the willingness of people to pay for an OS when the same control is available free of charge with a free OS.

I just "upgraded" a Win10 Home computer to Win10 Pro for US$4 (~THB120).  Bought a Win 10 Pro license off e-Bay.  Easy Peasy, and not so expensive.

Archived