Visa Exempt confirmation

I am currently on a SETV. in around 1 months time I plan to fly to Malaysia for a visit, followed by a flight to Laos. I am a UK citizen.

After arriving in Laos I plan to stay there for a week, and then I would like to enter Thailand for 6 weeks via land. Am I correct that I do not need to apply for a Tourist Visa for this, and can enter Thailand and receive 30 days entry at Nong Khai, which I can then extend for a further 30 days? ( I previously thought it 15 days via land entry)

If this is the case, do I need to provide any documentation at the border such as hotel bookings, flights out of the country bookings?

This would cover my 6 weeks stay in Thailand without the need for applying for another SETV, as given I have previous history of SETV's back to back there is a high chance I will not receive one.

Thank you 

Edited by GeraldB22

31 minutes ago, GeraldB22 said:

Am I correct that I do not need to apply for a Tourist Visa for this, and can enter Thailand and receive 30 days entry at Nong Khai, which I can then extend for a further 30 days?

Yes, you’re correct. Limited to 2 per calendar year by land.

If this is the case, do I need to provide any documentation at the border such as hotel bookings, flights out of the country bookings?

Currently unlikely at a land crossing, but possible. IO’s can ask to see hotel bookings and flights, but they only tend to ask when considering entry for a serial ‘tourist’.

Edited by elviajero

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Land border runs is now limited to 2 times per year.

That is only for visa exempt entries. A person has a valid visa for entry there is not limit.

The website is not a official website and cannot be trusted to show reliable info. At the bottom of the page you will see "This is NOT the official website of the Thai Embassy".

• Thanks 1