Phuket International Airport

Patong2

There are some good features with the new terminal

But In the departure lounge

the noise from the incessant ridiculous announcements are non-stop.

The volume is to the point of being painful and the idiotic announcers gabbling in appalling English or Thai or whatever language are incomprehensible.

I doubt if any person can understand the distorted gabble so what is the point?

Ego for the idiotic frustrated Karaoke artists who finally get their hands on a microphone?

Oh the relief to get to transit through Changi Airport which is an oasis of calm and tranquility.

Not a sound hardly

Any suggestions on where to park when picking up a 1st time international arrivals visitor to Phuket (and to Thailand)?

I will be by myself and need to pickup a 1st time visitor to Thailand (1st time to Asia) at the Phuket international airport. They will have no phone/sim that functions in Thailand, so I was thinking to park my car, and then meet them at International arrivals inside the terminal.  We could then either walk together to my parked car (with luggage) or I could then walk back to parked car and pick them up at one of the International Arrivals entrances to outside.    They will be heavily jet lagged after a long flight from western Europe.

However I have no familiarity with parking at the International Arrivals in Phuket.  I've never parked there before.

Hence my question ... Any recommendations as to the best approach? 

Unfortunately I need to do so by myself (without someone else to sit in car and bring car), and its best I pick them up at airport (as opposed to them taking a taxi), as where we go after the airport is over an hour car drive from the airport and off the 'beaten path'.

There are a number of exits in the Arrival Hall e.g. Exit 1&2, Exit 3&4 and Exit 5&6.  Best to arrange to meet at a specific exit (Exit 3&4 is the easiest).  You can usually find parking space on the upper floors of the multi-storey carpark and use the lifts.

Thank you all for the suggestions.  I think I will park at the International car park (likely on the upper levels) and then go meet the guest at the International arrivals.  We will then proceed together to the lifts to the level where the car is parked (I anticipate a lot of luggage). Hopefully the line for the lifts will not be too bad.

Archived