2 factor authentication

Recently someone posted about having their funds stolen from their bank account via online transfer. The culprits were Thai police, who were snooping on his internet activity. This is in Pattaya where I've heard of other outright thefts and extortions by the police as well.

Do Thai banks have 2 factor authentication systems yet? I can't find anything online about it. I'm thinking of going in person if they do though. I have accounts at Kasikorn, Krungsri, Thanachart, and BKK bank.

1 minute ago, Hal65 said:

BBL is for Bangkok Bank right? How about the other ones?

Kasikorn also requires an sms send to a phone number. The internet app is different but also secure. Sounds like a lot of B.S (bar stool) conversation. 

I love my kasikorn internet banking.

I have online banking with Bangkok Bank, Siam Commercial Bank, Kasikorn Bank, Krung Thai Bank and Krungsri Bank. All of them require input of one time password sent to your phone, either when you set up a new beneficiary account or every time you make a transfer.

Sophon

1 hour ago, Hal65 said:

Recently someone posted about having their funds stolen from their bank account via online transfer. The culprits were Thai police, who were snooping on his internet activity. This is in Pattaya where I've heard of other outright thefts and extortions by the police as well.

How does he know the police did it?

And if he does know and he told the bank then I am sure they are working now to prosecute those police officers. Or not?

Archived