Lost Surface Pro 6 Arrival Toilets 2A 17-10-19

topgun1

I left my Microsoft Surface pro 6 on the ledge above the cubical toilet, near at arrival lounge 2a at 3pm 17th October 2019. Approximatly 3:15 I remembered and went back asap, it was gone. I asked around, the cleaner etc, reported at lost and found made a police report, missed my flight, and was told to return the next morning to check the security camera. If anyone has any information, I will pay a reward for the return of my laptop. It has a password and tracking information so it will be useless to anyone, and once it returns back online, I will block it with Microsoft.

5 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

Just Googling the issue, there are a myriad of ways to reset any Windows computer without the password.

Yes - password, and security/tracking software will make no difference - easily bypassed.

3 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Yes - password, and security/tracking software will make no difference - easily bypassed.

Not so easy on a new Surface Pro 6. They have a GPS-chip installed. Sure it´s possible, but the common thief probably not think about it. The OP have registrered his Surface in My Devices on his Microsoft account, so he would be able to track it.

In case you didn't do it already: I suggest you call MS with your serial number. It seems MS keeps records of them.

Another thing everybody with a mobile PC should do is enable bitlocker. That makes data theft a lot more complicated - maybe even impossible.

Archived