BANGKOK

I am planning to buy new car. I have few doubts in my minds,

1. Is it worth to buy European car in Bkk?

2. Which cars is good in term of performance and value? X1 or Q2?

Have you considered 2-3 years old GLA AMG?

Personally I like the GLC coupe, but slightly bigger car and price tag.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Have you considered 2-3 years old GLA AMG?

Something like this?

Not bad for 1,650,000 THB.

Or this one for 1,890,000 THB.

• Like 2

As said by others if value is your concern. Neither of these vehicles are a good value in Thailand IMO.

Plenty of good SUV's with easy service and reasonably priced and available parts , that would give you good service.

If you got money to throw away, both of your choices will do just as good.

it is worth if you have style and don't want to look like 99% cheap charlies foreigners driving an ugly pickup.

Trust me, it makes a difference with cops, they just know that we are not from the same world ❤️

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

BMW have picked up their style game with the new X1 making it finally look like a very nice vehicle, and it will hold it's value better than the Q2 when it comes to resell.

I would refrain from buying a new car ( I did before and lsot a million baht in 3 and half years on the value) in view of the inflated proces and the residual value after a few years is very poor. I bought a one owner MB C200 AMG. 6 years old with 80K on the clock. In the 3 years I have had it I have put over 100,000 more on the clock. It drives and looks like a dream. Apart from routine service charges everything is fine. I paid less than a Million and would get about 550-600,000 for it now, Great motoring and I cannot recommend it enough.

Edited by Hotrudester
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, gamesgplayemail said:

it is worth if you have style and don't want to look like 99% cheap charlies foreigners driving an ugly pickup.

Trust me, it makes a difference with cops, they just know that we are not from the same world ❤️

Dream on😂😂😂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hotrudester said:

I would refrain from buying a new car ( I did before and lsot a million baht in 3 and half years on the value) in view of the inflated proces and the residual value after a few years is very poor. I bought a one owner MB C200 AMG. 6 years old with 80K on the clock. In the 3 years I have had it I have put over 100,000 more on the clock. It drives and looks like a dream. Apart from routine service charges everything is fine. I paid less than a Million and would get about 550-600,000 for it now, Great motoring and I cannot recommend it enough.

yes but i be very worry to buy a car who ad a bad crach, most of the repair shop are  very  good in cuting corner.but if you buy from the owner ou a friend you know,yes you can save a lot money!

My choice would be the x1 but if I was buying I would look around bangkok at used car dealerships . You can pick up an immaculate Audi Q5 few years old with less than 50,000 km on it for around 1.7 m or so. My wife went to look before and couldn’t believe the amount of choice from bmw , Mercedes and Audi. She said most looked like they had never been used they were that good condition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, gamesgplayemail said:

My face makes the difference with cops, not what I am driving.

Trust you......Hmmmmm, with a post like that, don't think so........😳.......😂