BMW X1 or Audi Q2?

5 hours ago, Ybmb said:

Neither.. 

Luxury cars in TH are 3 times the price compared to back home. Your paying nearly $100k for an entry level mini suv with a small 1.5litre engine.. it doesn’t matter how much money you’ve got nearly $100k for something this basic is not worth it. What’s also offensive in the Thai car market is despite how expensive BMW’s and Merc’s are they sell the models with nearly 0 options..just basic stuff for ridiculous price. meanwhile in the US for $40k you could buy a brand new BMW 3 series with *minimal options* but it’ll still nearly be 80% fully loaded. 

That being said, My opinion is always buy used let the first owner (sucker) get hit by depreciation. A new car 2 months later is a used car.  Granted with the high initial prices in TH, you won’t be able to enjoy the massive depreciations that we experience back home but it’ll still be $10,000 cheaper to buy a 2-3 year old BMW with 20-30000km. Still have warranty or can get extended warranty. 

Just recently I keep getting ads from a Mercedes dealership in Bangkok that’s offering crazy prices as they are trying to sell off inventory. 

3.6million for a brand new 2019 C43 AMG coupe

Its 4.2mil pre clearance price. And a crummy 1.8litre C200 coupe is 3.4million so for only 200,000thb more your getting a 3.5litre twin turbo V6 with 380bhp for a similar price! I think that’s a hell of a deal. Used car price for a brand new AMG. In Japan a C43 AMG is $100k, and Japan is one of the cheapest countries to buy cars, so the price is acceptable if you compare to the rest of the world.

Anyways I think I ranted enough. 

It was probably a showroom 2 door C43 with a couple of 1,000 km on it. The new C43 now have 4 doors which makes it a lot more practical.

16 hours ago, Ybmb said:

Neither.. 

Luxury cars in TH are 3 times the price compared to back home. Your paying nearly $100k for an entry level mini suv with a small 1.5litre engine.. it doesn’t matter how much money you’ve got nearly $100k for something this basic is not worth it. What’s also offensive in the Thai car market is despite how expensive BMW’s and Merc’s are they sell the models with nearly 0 options..just basic stuff for ridiculous price. meanwhile in the US for $40k you could buy a brand new BMW 3 series with *minimal options* but it’ll still nearly be 80% fully loaded. 

That being said, My opinion is always buy used let the first owner (sucker) get hit by depreciation. A new car 2 months later is a used car.  Granted with the high initial prices in TH, you won’t be able to enjoy the massive depreciations that we experience back home but it’ll still be $10,000 cheaper to buy a 2-3 year old BMW with 20-30000km. Still have warranty or can get extended warranty. 

Just recently I keep getting ads from a Mercedes dealership in Bangkok that’s offering crazy prices as they are trying to sell off inventory. 

3.6million for a brand new 2019 C43 AMG coupe

Its 4.2mil pre clearance price. And a crummy 1.8litre C200 coupe is 3.4million so for only 200,000thb more your getting a 3.5litre twin turbo V6 with 380bhp for a similar price! I think that’s a hell of a deal. Used car price for a brand new AMG. In Japan a C43 AMG is $100k, and Japan is one of the cheapest countries to buy cars, so the price is acceptable if you compare to the rest of the world.

Anyways I think I ranted enough. 

Ridiculous ! Created an account to show that you are a cheap charlie ?!

On 10/25/2019 at 8:04 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

It was probably a showroom 2 door C43 with a couple of 1,000 km on it. The new C43 now have 4 doors which makes it a lot more practical.

I thought so to, but my friends GF is in the market for a C43 and when they called turns out it really is new stock. Just trying to offload then. The C43’s always came in 4 door. I used to own one. Sounds amazing for a v6 and handles surprising well for a Benz. 

1 hour ago, Ybmb said:

I thought so to, but my friends GF is in the market for a C43 and when they called turns out it really is new stock. Just trying to offload then. The C43’s always came in 4 door. I used to own one. Sounds amazing for a v6 and handles surprising well for a Benz. 

Up until recently Mercedes only offered the 2 doors C43 coupe in Thailand. 

Since earlier this year they also have the 4 doors C43 sedan, but so far I haven't seen a single 4 doors C43, neither on one2car or on the road.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 5:03 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Up until recently Mercedes only offered the 2 doors C43 coupe in Thailand. 

Since earlier this year they also have the 4 doors C43 sedan, but so far I haven't seen a single 4 doors C43, neither on one2car or on the road.

I had a 2016 c43 4 door back in Japan. Each market varies. 

I would have said go for the just released Audi Q3. However for some stupid reason Thailand has made the decision to only import the front wheel drive 1.5 litre (small engine) version. Makes no sense to me as it is basically the same spec car as the Q2. The Quattro 2.0 version will not be officially imported.

7 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Except if you have style, face, and money.

Weeeeell, I don't have style, face or money, but if I did have money and paid daft money for an EU ride, my chums would all <deleted> themselves laughing.....????.......????

32 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeeell, I don't have style, face or money, but if I did have money and paid daft money for an EU ride, my chums would all <deleted> themselves laughing.....????.......????

Because they don't have style or money.

Archived