Better Scheme than Insurance for Expats

42 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Already been stated / proposed many times in other threads.

There used to be a scheme offered to holders of resident "yellow books" etc and annual premium of around 3k, but it was withdrawn by the Govt.

Personally I agree, if they made it around 2k a month, way more than any average working Thai ever contributes, and they keep all the income not the insurance companies. Seems logical and much easier to me.

There wouldn't be any income, only a big loss for the government. With the demographic of the foreigners who would pay into such a scheme the pay-inn would have to be much, much larger than 2k per month, even if the scheme was limited to government hospitals.

Sophon 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Within a month of implementation the system would be inundated with complaints of service, quality of meds, paying too much for substandard care and on and on ad nauseum. No, I think it's wise for the Thais to give this a pass..

There's no chance of it even being considered.  I'm pretty sure that the government doesn't take tips on how they should run (any part of) the country from posters of a forum whose members, in the main, are well-known to delight in daily Thai-bashing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Making Thailand the International Health Service for S.E. Asia......UK has something similar for the NHS and Costs millions each year in loses...how may HIV sufferers would come to Thailand for full healthcare at a minimum cost....it won't work