Where Is The Voice Of Thais That Expats Support ?

WHERE IS THE VOICE OF THAIS THAT EXPATS SUPPORT ?

Where are the Thai Wife's, Kids, Family, Friends, and Others,
that Expats have supported over the years ?

There should be a Huge Outcry, and Backlash,
over all the Bias against Expats.
Especially from those that Directly Benefit from their connection to a
Expat.

Not to mention the Landlords, and Business Owners around the Expat's location,
many of whom have become friends with their Expat Customers.

I bring in a little over B1 million a year to my Family and community,
and unlike the Billionaire Politician with a Pen, up in his Ivory Tower,
I can see the Negative real life results from every stroke of his pen.

Just like the Reason to show you have money to live and support yourself in Thailand,
is only a Scheme to lock up money in a Thai Bank, which cannot be used to support yourself,
or anything else, and does nothing for anyone except the Bankers.

Now they come with a Scheme to lock you up with a Thai Insurance,
which is next to worthless, and the cost is out of bounds from the norm.
and does nothing for anyone except the Thai Insurance Cronies.

No need to mention all the other Hoops and Jumps, that do nothing except add to the Cost of
an ever increasing Bureaucracy, that only add needless burdens upon Expats,
who try to conform to the ever expanding nonsense.

No one seems to understand that the older one gets, the less BS one will accept into ones life.
Common Sense dictates, that all rules be filtered, so that the Rules due to Greed and BS,
be divided from, the Rules that make sense and have a real need to exist.

Surely Thai People have a Common Sense ability to see Good or Bad Rules, and speak up about it.
Does anyone have our Back ?

So I ask again, Where are the Thai Voices about these issues ?

Since the coup, years after years, a lot of the few ''protesters'' have ended in jail or they have just disapeared (If i remember well one or two of them were discover later in the mekong river with some kilos of concrete in the body) 

then i can understand the random people hesitate to go down the streets with signs to defend the farangs, as usual they just wait and see what that's going to happen and they will adapt at the new deal if it's possible, for the best or the worst.

Also a  farang  do not have to expect a lot of thanks from the thais recipients of his money

for most of the Thais is not the farang who is generous, it's Bouddha which has send the farang and Bouddha must be thanked for that, not the farang.

19 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

So I ask again, Where are the Thai Voices about these issues ?

Don't hold your breathe waiting. They have enough to think about...will I have somtam or phad thai for lunch! Is my phone battery charged!

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Since the next 31 october if i am not wrong

yes i know it's not all Thai insurance but hey

they are a big percentage of the list

I still don't know what OP is ranting on about insurance, what's the 31 October got to do with it that's UK's brexit date.

What exactly do you expect?

Demonstrations in the streets? Letters to the MPs? Press conferences or what?

And do you think any Thai politicians would be impressed by any of this?

Think about what a foreign 1% group of not super rich people would be able to do in your home country or in any other country. I guess in most countries very little, and why should it be different in Thailand.

And I think realistically most of us are here because we want to be here and because, at least until now, we liked to be here. Thailand and Thais have no obligation to make thinks better for us. And if too many of us would too loudly complain then I don't think that would be helpful.

I think it's best to accept that we are guest in a country where we have limited rights. If we accept this and we like to live here under those conditions, fine. And if not then best look for alternatives. That's life, accept it!

44 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

ow they come with a Scheme to lock you up with a Thai Insurance,
which is next to worthless, and the cost is out of bounds from the norm.
and does nothing for anyone except the Thai Insurance Cronies.

Rubbish. Just more drama queen waffle

The current poll on TV shows only 14% of all long stay visa holders will be affected

Im sure the economy, the baht and real estate sector will collapse

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Think about what a foreign 1% group of not super rich people would be able to do in your home country or in any other country. I guess in most countries very little,

In my origin country France for example the ''refugees'' and illegal immigrants are a ''foreign less than 1% group of not super rich people'' and they can still manage to do the mess on a regular basis, included in the capital Paris, with the help of some french associations (Often from extreme left politics)

But of course i am not waiting the same thing happen here in Thailand.

55 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

I bring in a little over B1 million a year to my Family and community,

Tourism brings in 2..35 Trillion a year.

The insurance mandate is for Non-Imm O-A visas only. 

Is that going to affect you personally?  You did not mention

No other "hoops and jumps" I am aware of

My wife do worry a bit because I was denied and detained while she was pregnant. I told her that her job is to take care of the kids and my job is to worry. We have money so I'm not really worried. Worst case scenario we would have to change country but unlikely. 

The older one gets, the less BS one will accept into ones life!

You nailed it exactly!  The BS soup that the Thai government has served up to expats smells strongly of rotten fish...

Made all my arrangements including repatriating most of the required 800k baht back to my US bank...

Just counting the days until I start my journey back to civilization...

I have an eye on that door knob...thank you...????

42 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Tourism brings in 2..35 Trillion a year.

The insurance mandate is for Non-Imm O-A visas only. 

Is that going to affect you personally?  You did not mention

No other "hoops and jumps" I am aware of

CM immigration have already announced ALL retirement extensions will require insurance after the end of this month.

2 hours ago, WhatupThailand said:

I bring in a little over B1 million a year to my Family and community

Do you donation this money?

or for you and family just buy stuff for yourself? Your food, beer etc

So you get the stuff you pay for already. But now want “more” something?

I see other foreigner also on TVF say same. Spend money for themself, but “helping” thailand.

i go to Malaysia, Nepal, Vietnam before. Spend my money. Buy stuff for me. 

Where is the malaysian, Vietnam and Napal people voice for Yinn? I helping them and community right?

Your country have the voice for the foreigner helping your country who go buy stuff there? You help this people yourself? Voice. 

Anyway, I will do for you Sir.

thank you so much help me wonderful guy. I can not live if you not shopping for your stuff in my country. My community, family, friend thank-you so much. 

Special thank from 7/11, BigC, PTT, Singh Beer, Central.

Next time you come Rayong, we get some red carpet for you Sir.

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I see other foreigner also on TVF say same. Spend money for themself, but “helping” thailand.

Where is the malaysian, Vietnam and Napal people voice for Yinn? I helping them and community right?

Your country have the voice for the foreigner helping your country who go buy stuff there? You help this people yourself? Voice. 

thank you so much help me wonderful guy. I can not live if you not shopping for your stuff in my country. My community, family, friend thank-you so much. 

Please don't go overboard on my account,

I get enough Thanks from my Family, Friends, Local Business Owners,

and Thai Immigration Once a Year.

I don't need Flattery from those I do not know.

Save the Red Carpet for who ever supports you.

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

In my origin country France for example the ''refugees'' and illegal immigrants are a ''foreign less than 1% group of not super rich people'' and they can still manage to do the mess on a regular basis, included in the capital Paris, with the help of some french associations (Often from extreme left politics)

But of course i am not waiting the same thing happen here in Thailand.

Yes, they can create a mess. And then (almost) nobody likes them and citizens try to get rid of them. Maybe this is something unhappy foreigners in Thailand should keep in mind. Protests won't make it better for us! 

It's not their problem means they have no reason to speak up.

Just like when the Thai's dump their trash over the wall. It is no longer in their yard so it is not problem for them.

A lot of expats seem to think Thailand wants them or even likes them.

Thai's are afforded rights in every country in the world but expats have none in Thailand.

Doesn't that say it all?

You even learn and can afford to deal with it or you can't.

Just imagine how much Thailand COULD change in the next 10 to 20 years that doesn't benefit expats?

Expats have shown to be of no value to any of the decision makers in Thailand.

Thaksin seemed not to care much about expats and life was pretty good

Under the new regime, there seems to be other ideas.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Yinn, absolutely true!

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Dear Yinn

Unfortunately,  this is a very typical middle- class Thai attitude. 

No knowledge whatsoever about economics.

Arrogant and xenophobic.

About the economic knowledge I can try to help you:

If a foreigner comes to Thailand and buys stuff for himself  (with money he brought into Thailand)  the economic effects are the same as if he would stay at home and Thailand would ship the stuff to his home (and he would send the money to Thailand).

The first case is tourism (even if it is long-stay tourism), the second case is export - the effects are the same. 

Most countries are very keen to export their products.  Actually, Thailand is one of the biggest exporters,  and tourism is a big part of it (note that a long-term tourist who stays here for many years but lives on money he sends in from abroad, is economically not different from a tourist who stays 2 weeks, and brings in money in his pocket).

And yes, Nepal is very happy about (and very dependent on) foreign tourists, and the Nepalese government does many things to make them come (just like TAT). Of course,  tourists in Nepal buy stuff for themselves,  but it's a kind of export, and Nepal doesn't have many other things to export (Thailand has many other things to export BTW).

About your arrogance and xenophobia I cannot help you. That you will have to tackle by yourself.

Archived