Request for recommendation: Carotid Angioplasty and stent

MAC CHY

Dear All,

My father has recently diagnosed for Cartoid and vertebral arteries and found 75% right carotid bulb diameter reduction and 35% for left one. Note that, on 2012 his CAG was done for significantly diseased LCx and OM2 and PCI to OM.

Can anyone please suggest some experienced cardiologist name in Bumrungrad or Bangkok hospitals for Carotid disease? If possible please share the cost for coronary angiogram and stent price range and relevant package cost.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

MAC

I believe they still do mostly endarectomy here with stents reserved for cases with specific contraindications to endarectomy.

Prof Pramook Mutirangura and Prof Chanean Ruangsetakit  at Siriraj are probably best choice for this

Contact http://www.siphhospital.com/en/home

which is the private wing of Siriraj

I don't know re cost but at a wild guess maybe 300,000 baht at that hospital

Sorry, I just realized you specifically want Bumrungrad or Bangkok Hospital

At Bumrungrad this is who you would want, US trainind and specializes in vascular neurosurgery   https://www.bumrungrad.com/doctors/Roekchai-Tulyapronchote

See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHSyy72ncmI

I would expect Bumrungrad to be around 400K

Thanks Sheryl for the reply. Need another info: for Carotid angioplasty or endarectomy whom I should consult? Neuro surgeon/Neuro medicine or cardiologist?

You consult a doctor specializing in endovasculat surgery. This could be an interventional cardiologist, neurosurgeon or in some cases neurologist....but most people of those specialties won't have the experience needed, only some of them.

I have alteady listed soecific foctors above who specialize in this.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/25/2019 at 7:02 AM, Sheryl said:

You consult a doctor specializing in endovasculat surgery. This could be an interventional cardiologist, neurosurgeon or in some cases neurologist....but most people of those specialties won't have the experience needed, only some of them.

Thanks a lot Sheryl!

On 10/25/2019 at 7:02 AM, Sheryl said:

Thanks a lot Sheryl!

One more query: how many days I need to stay in Bangkok including surgery and other procedures?

22 minutes ago, MAC CHY said:

Thanks a lot Sheryl!

One more query: how many days I need to stay in Bangkok including surgery and other procedures?

It depends on the type of procedure done, how quickly it can be done and his post-op course.

Usually would be in the hospital not more than 4 days (if no complication) but will need a follow up visit 2-6 weeks after that.

Archived