Laptop Advice Please

ricklev

I have been thinking about buying a cheap  Window's ultra-portable for editing Word documents, downloading torrents and surfing the web when travelling.  Did some Googling about 200-300 dollar 11 inch laptops and checked on Amazon but I don't really know what to buy.

I went to Powerbuy today to see what is available in Thailand and saw this:   https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en/lenovo-คอมพิวเตอร์-ออฟฟิศ-notebook-lenovo-idp-s145-14ast-amd-a6-9225-4gb-256gb-bkbag-251237   

It's bigger then I wanted but is fairly light and has an SSD, albeit I guess not a great one.  

Any comments.  Is it a good deal or adequate?

Any suggestions for 6-9000 baht laptops or 2 in 1's?

Thanks for your help!

28 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I would say go for it - the 14" is a good size for viewing video and should perform everything you need fine.  

I bought a 13" notebook recently and I would not go smaller than this size for serious use.

It's just small (and thin) enough to slip into a small travel bag/case etc. and is about 1.5kg.

Weight is a major factor for traveling with such a thing.

Whatever you buy, I suggest you try the keyboard and touchpad for a couple of sentences in the shop.

Some devices have horrible keyboards, etc. Sometimes they just feel bad, sometime some keys (like curser keys, ins, del) are in unusual places. It might be annoying to use.

Try it with typing, scrolling on websites, etc. and get an idea how much you like it.

Any SSD is a lot faster than any HDD, don't worry too much about which SSD.

And most modern notebooks are fast enough for what you want to do.

Archived