Good urologist in CM?

THAIPHUKET

12 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

Dr. Supon Sriplakick, works out of RAM and Sriphat .  Also shows up on the list at Bangkok Hospital but can't confirm that.

The best known surgeon in Northern and NE Thailand.

Actually it's Dr. Supaklich. I don't know about "the best known...." but I wasn't particularly satisfied with him. Getting him to give feedback and answer specific questions was like pulling teeth. He's a close colleague of Ajarn Bannakij (definitely the best known urological surgeon and one of the best in Thailand) but not nearly as thorough as the good Dr. B. (who is currently unavailable).

OP I don't know what "lunch term mediation" means (google didn't either), but if you only need some tests, then i would think you could start anywhere and if a uro consult is needed then take it from there. I was most impressed with reading about a younger urologist who came up from Bangkok to work at Bangkok Chiang Mai Hospital. If you search this forum, there was a long thread only recently and a couple of members praised this doctor.

Edit: I just found it. His name is Dr. Wittawat.

Edited by elektrified
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2019 at 7:56 PM, elektrified said:

Actually it's Dr. Supaklich. I don't know about "the best known...." but I wasn't particularly satisfied with him. Getting him to give feedback and answer specific questions was like pulling teeth. He's a close colleague of Ajarn Bannakij (definitely the best known urological surgeon and one of the best in Thailand) but not nearly as thorough as the good Dr. B. (who is currently unavailable).

OP I don't know what "lunch term mediation" means (google didn't either), but if you only need some tests, then i would think you could start anywhere and if a uro consult is needed then take it from there. I was most impressed with reading about a younger urologist who came up from Bangkok to work at Bangkok Chiang Mai Hospital. If you search this forum, there was a long thread only recently and a couple of members praised this doctor.

Edit: I just found it. His name is Dr. Wittawat.

It seems he is working in Bangkok now, if he is the one you are talking about
https://www.ekachaihospital.com/en/dr-wittawat-sungkawichai/

Saw Dr Wittiwat, urologist at BKK Hospital Chiang Mai last week with a friend. Personable, good english, in his 30's.  Does open surgery but not laparascopic. Cant speak for his competence generally but he was very helpful and seemed knowledgeable as far as I could tell.

• Thanks 1

About 3 years ago I saw Dr. Siwat Phuriyaphan  at Sriphat Medical Centre and was satisfied with the service. He was then in the Urology clinic on the 12th floor.

If you book with him, be warned. Unlike many Thai doctors, he turns up to his clinics on time (or even early).

• Like 1

Thanks all for the Wittiwat recommendations.

Already booked an appointment with him.

Never used Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai.

For that situation they demand sending an email - they won't take a phone appointment.

The operator did check his schedule during my phone call and let me know his hours and availability so I could make an informed email request.

They responded quickly to my email.

Dr wittawat, is great, I see him once every two months, he works mainly at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai, but also works at government/public hospitals, I asked if I could see him there, but he refused and advised wait times a long and consultations quick, however after doing maths with my insurance premiums, gaps, etc it works out costing only slightly more expensive at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai,

• Like 1