BANGKOK
outofafrica

Prescription Glasses in Pattaya

I will be visiting Pattaya in Dec 2019 .I was wondering if any Australians living or visiting there bought any PROGRESSIVE GLASSES and how does the price compare to Australia .

I can't speak for Oz but I did far better in the UK at Specsavers. A far more comprehensive eye test, cheaper glasses, better choice and I am happy with them. Had done the rounds in Pattaya prior and not impressed. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I can't speak for Oz but I did far better in the UK at Specsavers. A far more comprehensive eye test, cheaper glasses, better choice and I am happy with them. Had done the rounds in Pattaya prior and not impressed. 

Thanks Mate

As always, you can try
"First Optic"

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Maria at Euro Optic has always been good for me. Get a prescrption from her, then Zenni online.

Zenni on line have a bad reputation in Australia.

"

The frames of the glasses from Zenni didn't sit symmetrically on the shadow shopper's face, so near vision was at an angle.

LENS QUALITY

We had all the lenses of the glasses our shadow shopper bought tested by the University of NSW Optics and Radiometry Laboratory, against the voluntary standard.

Zenni Optical

These glasses had a fault in the prescription - one axis, correcting astigmatism, was incorrect. (It may be possible to correct this if the fitting were adjusted, but again, you'd have to visit an optometrist.)"

You'd be better off in Indonesia. About US$165 a pair. With photocromatic. 

I find Thailand overly expensive for glasses. 

I tried to use my less than 1 year old prescription from Indonesia to get a mate to buy some for me. But with progressive they have to mark the centre of your eye onto the actual frames that you want while wearing the glasses

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

Maria at Euro Optic has always been good for me. Get a prescrption from her, then Zenni online.

Euro  Optic would not give me a prescription unless I purchased my glasses from them.

Last I checked she will not prescribe if you don't also buy from her. Number of places like that.

She does the best prescription in Pattaya, though.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys i have contacted Maria @ Euro Optic and waiting for a quote . They cost about A$700 ( TB 14 300) so if i can get them cheaper than that then it is worth while to concider buying them in Thailand.

30 minutes ago, outofafrica said:

Zenni on line have a bad reputation in Australia.

"

The frames of the glasses from Zenni didn't sit symmetrically on the shadow shopper's face, so near vision was at an angle.

LENS QUALITY

We had all the lenses of the glasses our shadow shopper bought tested by the University of NSW Optics and Radiometry Laboratory, against the voluntary standard.

Zenni Optical

These glasses had a fault in the prescription - one axis, correcting astigmatism, was incorrect. (It may be possible to correct this if the fitting were adjusted, but again, you'd have to visit an optometrist.)"

I must have been very lucky. The specs I got from Zenni, from a prescription by KT Optic were just as good, if not better than KT. 

KTs were Bht 22,000, Zenni Bht 1800!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Last I checked she will not prescribe if you don't also buy from her. Number of places like that.

She does the best prescription in Pattaya, though.

Most hospitals have a vision department who will do you an eye test/prescription.

• Like 1

I just got a quote from Maria and it is cheaper in Australia. Thanks for everyone's input. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I must have been very lucky. The specs I got from Zenni, from a prescription by KT Optic were just as good, if not better than KT. 

KTs were Bht 22,000, Zenni Bht 1800!

Only TB 14300 in Australia for my prescription.