The Army Golf Course, Bangkok

tgeezer

Management change in October increased Green Fee. No Sports day on Monday was Bt1050 now Bt1300. A little steep in my opinion. With the drop in the value of GBP £42 with caddy tip. 

Edited by metisdead
Topic title edited

The army

This course is where?

Around Pattaya some golf course rates went up a little in October (although that rise seems excessive) and nearly all will go up again for November which is the "normal" start to high season prices.

2 hours ago, neeray said:

And here I was all excited thinking there was going to be a great TVF discussion about tanks, subs, guns and Strykers.

Sorry If You were misled.   I suppose that it was too parochial to expect people to know the Army golf course in Bangkok. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I wasn't surprised to discover that the golf forum was about golf. I was surprised to be there at all!

Happens a lot if, like me, you pick topics from the "view new content" section, which doesn't identify the specific forum of the topic.

Sometimes it's taken me to forums that I would never have visited otherwise - and some really interesting topics.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 8:19 AM, JAS21 said:

£42, you are lucky my wife plays!!! ... 

But Lucky though we have membership at Muang Ake 1.

I know that you do, we have played there together. John B tells me that it is much improved, new greens I think. 

The car park at To Bo was empty last week probably because Sports day was cancelled. Revenue may not be a problem for the army but the caddies take a hit, we will see if the army cares about them. 

Decided to go and have breakfast there today...arrived 7:45am. Can't play yet as have had a shoulder op. Now there are 16 new greens on, just two to go. The course is looking really good but the greens don't look exactly easy!

It was reasonably quite although I did see a couple of van loads turn up. Apparently Saturday is quite busy but Sunday is more quite. Weekend green fee is 1300thb, Caddy 300thb

Part view from the restaurant window

20191027_075136.jpg.b621609cfb5a4527fbb535b160fdde66.jpg

On 10/21/2019 at 12:03 PM, tgeezer said:

Sorry If You were misled.   I suppose that it was too parochial to expect people to know the Army golf course in Bangkok. 

Topic title has now been edited to reflect on which golf course you are referring to. 

Topic has been edited to remove off topic posts. 

Edited by metisdead

O ---- I deleted the above and it came back!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to BobbyL .....

Basically you don't pay green fees. Recently the ownership changed and the guy is spending circ 50Mthb on improvements.

The new owner is very approachable and my wife has spoken to him several times, and he will develop the social side. Actually he has big plans for the course.

He has put in all new greens, moved tees, bunkers etc. The clubehouse has been completely renovated.

Membership is a tradeable share. If you look on Golf Course Membership Websites you we see that the present price is 380,000thb. We bought ours in 2007...So don't have to play many times a year to break even on what we would get if the money was in a Thai Bank account.

When Dr Shoulder lets me play again we will be back to three times a week. At present MrsJ play and I walk watching :sad:

There is a 500thb fee to pay every two years...think covers membership card/admin costs.

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

A golfing friend sent me a picture of a guy on a stretcher ...said it was this course... he apparently died later.

Said was walking some 40M down from the tee when a ball from the tee hit the back of his head.

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else happened two days ago I believe.

Edited by JAS21