Luggage repair - Central BKK (wheels replacement)

Doge

I need to have the wheels replaced on an old Samsonite roll bag. I have the wheels but I don't have the tools. Any idea where I might get this done?

Also, need to have a leather bag buffed smooth to gloss.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, kralledr said:

i guess you should try one of this guys who repair shoes i the street or simply buy some tools mostly really cheap under 100 thb.

That's what initially comes to mind but the guy I use and who does a great job mending shoes doesn't have the tools either. Perhaps doesn't want to bother. He doesn't buff anything so the bag is out for him as well. I need a Mr Bag kinda person.

It's a heavy, hard piece of proper luggage not a soft bag that might come to mind thinking about shoe guys.

18 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I've used them for a number of fixes and alterations to leather bags, if they can do it at least you know that they'll do a good job.

Thanks. I'd called and they have a location central lat prao. I'd thought I'd seen one some years back but memory foggy.

They can do the wheels but can't buff the bag. I can live with that.

• 2 months later...

Whatever you do, avoid going to the official Samsonite service center in Sirinrat Building on Rama 4 road, Bangkok. I went there earlier this week to repair the broken wheel on my Samsonite luggage and I really regret doing that. They do servicing for a number of different companies and repair all sorts of stuff, not just luggage. I purchased the luggage (from official Samsonite in Bangkok) just over 10 years ago and the warranty had just run out, so they were charging 1400 baht to replace both wheels. When I came back to get the luggage, I could see that they hadn’t used official Samsonite wheels. In fact, they had used some quite cheap replacement wheels that didn’t spin freely. It was a terrible job and I wasn’t prepared to pay the 1400 for it and so a huge argument erupted between Mr <deleted> and me. I ended up paying 900 baht, which was still too much for the bad job they have done. This is the company listed on the Samsonite website and I don’t understand why Samsonite would use such a company as their official service center. 

Edited by blackcab
Name edited out