EU will delay Brexit until February if Johnson fails to ratify deal this week - The Sunday Times

webfact

10 hours ago, david555 said:

it has nothing to do with the E.U. now , as they just have to accept what will be in that case …..as the E.U. can only react on a demand to give or to not give extension , not by their own action 

Bit contradictory, a decision on the extension would mean it has got something to do with the EU.

Moments later, Mr Johnson told MPs he would “pause” the bill and that the ball was now in the EU’s court to decide whether to extend Article 50 to avert a crash-out Brexit on 31 October.

“We now face further uncertainty and the EU must now make up their minds over how to answer parliament’s request for a delay,” he said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-vote-deal-timetable-boris-johnson-mps-delay-general-election-a9167011.html

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Bit contradictory, a decision on the extension would mean it has got something to do with the EU.

Moments later, Mr Johnson told MPs he would “pause” the bill and that the ball was now in the EU’s court to decide whether to extend Article 50 to avert a crash-out Brexit on 31 October.

“We now face further uncertainty and the EU must now make up their minds over how to answer parliament’s request for a delay,” he said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-vote-deal-timetable-boris-johnson-mps-delay-general-election-a9167011.html

with the words" nothing to do with it"  I just pointing out the E.U. has just to let happen  in the U.K. camp whatever the" Brexit soap opera camp "decides....we can not change it !

52 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Poor Brexiteers who still don‘t understand that the EU doesn’t have a say in a member state‘s sovereign decision to leave. 

No we cant  , they just like to blame any other one except their own for their ultimate division in politics, up to even their own proper party divisions are divided ….. I think U.K. go stay "the permanent Hotel California guest …"

The only way to kick U.K. out of E.U. is the refusal of extension …. so they could blame the E.U. for the Brexit failure …..it looks that is the brexiteers plan 

14 hours ago, Forethat said:

Perhaps you'll have to wait until next GE to gain 'some' level of understanding?

Gotcha - so Cummings has intentionally lost every vote, intentionally allowed his boss to be humiliated on a daily basis and had always intended to get an extension. 

Hmmm I think your understanding of it needs a bit of work 

So what’s on the agenda at No 10 in your cabinet meetings today ? 

2 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

27 eu states must vote yes to extend, however discussion in the french national assembly might

lead to a surprise as the french object another long extension.

wbr

roobaa01

????:jap: let It end please , 3 years + ….! enough ..

1 minute ago, tebee said:

ok, we'd better revoke art 50 then, that's the only way it's going to end quickly....

That or Boris finding a way out it is equal for me now ,I thought i never would consider to supporting Boris???? , but if it is the only way ….O.K. 5555

Maybe E.U. should start introducing a negotiation billion /month fee …???? ? if that could help the check out of Hotel California …? as a extra pressure...????

27 minutes ago, david555 said:

That or Boris finding a way out it is equal for me now ,I thought i never would consider to supporting Boris???? , but if it is the only way ….O.K. 5555

Maybe E.U. should start introducing a negotiation billion /month fee …???? ? if that could help the check out of Hotel California …? as a extra pressure...????

but even leaving with no deal won't be the end of it - we will have years of negications replacing everything we have thrown away 

39 minutes ago, tebee said:

but even leaving with no deal won't be the end of it - we will have years of negications replacing everything we have thrown away 

yes , but then the politic Brexit has be done already then  , brexiteers had their "leaving means leaving" , "had their cake and eat it" …and throw up it (lol) and the remainers can say " we told you so …(endless repeated in echo...)"

Further trade talks in some quit out of sight obscure office where mostly discussed an postponed the cases ...????

BTW  Barnier is already appointed to lead that task force …. he has a for life job for that  ????

Short said the Brexit discussion stay from then on.., on the British culprits Island only . Aand we E.U. only dealing with economic repairs from it , no politic discussion in that matter as a UNITY !

38 minutes ago, tebee said:

Not to mention the cost of everything that has been thrown away.

Britain is currently in the midst of a £92million feasibility study to investigate the possibility of building a rival to Galileo, which more than a £1billion in UK taxpayers' money is estimated to have been invested in.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1182206/brexit-news-galileo-rival-satellite-esa-european-space-agency-jan-woerner-eu-latest

56 minutes ago, david555 said:

yes , but then the politic Brexit has be done already then  , brexiteers had their "leaving means leaving" , "had their cake and eat it" …and throw up it (lol) and the remainers can say " we told you so …(endless repeated in echo...)"

Further trade talks in some quit out of sight obscure office where mostly discussed an postponed the cases ...????

BTW  Barnier is already appointed to lead that task force …. he has a for life job for that  ????

Short said the Brexit discussion stay from then on.., on the British culprits Island only . Aand we E.U. only dealing with economic repairs from it , no politic discussion in that matter as a UNITY !

Read the replies to this !

On 10/21/2019 at 2:54 PM, Thomas J said:

It is no wonder that USA has copied British Common Law.  Neither government is functional.  The people voted for Brexit but the elected officials are fighting the will of the people tooth and nail.  Three and one half years later and still no progress.  In USA most people favor legal immigration, secure the border, stop welfare benefits for those here illegally but the lawmakers steadfastly balk at any progress for decades.  DYSFUNCTIONAL 

We know this is you Donald

53 minutes ago, tebee said:

Read the replies to this !

:clap2:...???? , I also like those from the torygraph .... comments on one or another Brexit happening ….., I am no longer surprised Farage can play like piano on their minds ….:whistling:..., (while cashing €'s ...even for being limited present ,and having his fun there ..) 

Oh Brit's ….what happened ? ….something in the drinking water  over there …?:cheesy:

2019-10-23_163110.png

23 minutes ago, david555 said:

:clap2:...???? , I also like those from the torygraph .... comments on one or another Brexit happening ….., I am no longer surprised Farage can play like piano on their minds ….:whistling:..., (while cashing €'s ...even for being limited present ,and having his fun there ..) 

Oh Brit's ….what happened ? ….something in the drinking water  over there …?:cheesy:

2019-10-23_163110.png

We've fd our country up whatever happens now - empires rise and fall , nothing remains the same.

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

11 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

We've fd our country up whatever happens now - empires rise and fall , nothing remains the same.

Not with a bang but a whimper.

Just some has a acceptance  problem with your description …., but the world will turns further on , and the British .Empire remembered in the history books , that place was reserved already ????

25 minutes ago, david555 said:

Just some has a acceptance  problem with your description …., but the world will turns further on , and the British .Empire remembered in the history books , that place was reserved already ????

but the idiots will keep waving their flags with cries of ingerland as they watch their country get carved up by the capitalist vultures ravenous to gorge on the carcase of a once great nation. And Boris can stop visiting the north and hospitals any more if he gets five years and a big majority. His pals must be licking their lips at the riches that await them. 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, sandyf said:

Brexiteer tactics - go off at a tangent with generalisation.

Obviously you can give dates for the 48 referendums that included all member states. That was the answer you gave to the question I put, but you probably thought it clever to answer a different question.

image.png.6a7ea9625628ad5d5c3283307e60c433.png

The most recent 'referendum' is another point of some controversy, for different reasons to ours.

'go off at a tangent with generalisation' - Don't know what you're on about now.

'it clever to answer a different question' - I'm not one for obfuscation, unlike some on TVF. My question to you was a sincere one, what was your initial point re: UK referendum? 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, sandyf said:

The UK being the only extant 'union of nations' to hold such a referendum. What is your point? 

Archived