EU will delay Brexit until February if Johnson fails to ratify deal this week - The Sunday Times

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I fully expect a future Govt after a landslide victory to conduct route and branch reforms in Parliament, Judiciary, Electoral Commission to restore our rights under the once respected 1688 bill of rights that has been steadily eroded since that grinning imbecile Bliar was PM.
Sorry, but you have to wait.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What you want is a ref to Remain! You lost last time! The parliament of scum needs removing ! Too many cowards who want Ref before facing the electorate to answer for their actions !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
Someone upset with Parliamentary democracy.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, wreckingcountry said:

No election “due in 2020 ! Get your fixed term parliament dates right before spouting

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Correct... Last Election was 2017 so next Election is due on 5th May 2022 (Obviously Parliament can vote to cause one to happen before then but that is the next official due date under the FPA).

32 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I fully expect a future Govt after a landslide victory to conduct route and branch reforms in Parliament, Judiciary, Electoral Commission to restore our rights under the once respected 1688 bill of rights that has been steadily eroded since that grinning imbecile Bliar was PM.

If only....

Unfortunately this is unlikely to happen as it's not in the interest of the rich and powerful.

They've managed to thwart brexit into (3 years later) a 'lame dog' brexit - and are still working on stopping it entirely.

59 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Long enough to have a general election too which is a better plan.

My only problem with having Brexit "Decided" via a General Election is that you would have to balance other subjects (NHS, Policing, Education, Budget etc...), so somebody who was anti-Brexit, may find themselves voting for Labour despite them not agreeing with their policies on Education for example or somebody pro-Brexit find themselves voting for the Tories despite not agreeing with their policies on NHS etc... 

IMHO Brexit should be a standalone "Vote" hence via Referendum 

26 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

My only problem with having Brexit "Decided" via a General Election is that you would have to balance other subjects (NHS, Policing, Education, Budget etc...), so somebody who was anti-Brexit, may find themselves voting for Labour despite them not agreeing with their policies on Education for example or somebody pro-Brexit find themselves voting for the Tories despite not agreeing with their policies on NHS etc... 

IMHO Brexit should be a standalone "Vote" hence via Referendum 

The problem is what to do about the current referendum that has been running for the past 3 1/2 years. Finish it before another one, scrap it which will p i ss millions of people off?

If remain wins the 2nd referendum, do we go 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5, the first side ti get 2 consecutive wins etc?

Who will write the parameters for the referendum, and please don't say the politicians, as you can see how good they are from the previous 3 plus years.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Aided and abetted by British Judges, in a British Court ruling on British Law.

Since when did you back track on that aspect of Brexit propaganda?

British Law, Courts?

I'm all ears...

On a lighter note it has surfaced elsewhere that moves are afoot to bring Blair, Bercow & others to heel for subverting the constitution; citing the Cato Street Conspiracy of 1820.

3 minutes ago, el torro said:

Our opinion on the Boris' letters depends entirely on our view on 'brexit'. 

I would be most surprised if BJ hadn't ensured this action was expected during the 7hr dinner he had with EU leaders last week.

5 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

What you want is a ref to Remain! You lost last time! The parliament of scum needs removing ! Too many cowards who want Ref before facing the electorate to answer for their actions !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The average voter can't remember much more than the last episode of Love Island.

13 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I know full well it won't get anywhere but the point will nonetheless be made.

How are you getting on re those courts & jurisdictions?

The court that backed Miller and forced TM to obey the law, the court that forced Johnson to recall Parliament or the court that forced Johnson to write a letter he childishly didn’t sign?

18 minutes ago, el torro said:

To get back on topic, the EU has apparently decided to agree another extension on brexit ????.

Suprise, suprise!

There is talk of them giving the UK a flexible extension past February, they must be fed up with writing extensions every three months

It is no wonder that USA has copied British Common Law.  Neither government is functional.  The people voted for Brexit but the elected officials are fighting the will of the people tooth and nail.  Three and one half years later and still no progress.  In USA most people favor legal immigration, secure the border, stop welfare benefits for those here illegally but the lawmakers steadfastly balk at any progress for decades.  DYSFUNCTIONAL 

6 hours ago, robblok said:

They need a new referendum (binding this time) 

Unless the electorate surprise everybody again and get it wrong for the second time in which case it is not binding just an expression of the voters opinion.

1 hour ago, el torro said:

If only....

Unfortunately this is unlikely to happen as it's not in the interest of the rich and powerful.

They've managed to thwart brexit into (3 years later) a 'lame dog' brexit - and are still working on stopping it entirely.

QUOTE: as it's not in the interest of the rich and powerful

I agree 100%.

Remainers look down on poor people like Boris, Jacob, and Tories in general.

Thank you for exposing this social injustice, el torro.

A new Working Class Hero has arisen!

15 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

There is talk of them giving the UK a flexible extension past February, they must be fed up with writing extensions every three months

They seem OK taking the Billion pounds a month from us though. 

Archived