Change to marriage visa without 400000 baht possible?

Hi, Ive had an extension based on retirement (0-A from Oz originally) for last ten years. After cancelling the embassy letter the last year I used the 65000 baht monthly deposit method. My visa expires early Feb 2020. Can I change to marriage extension on that basis without putting in the 400000 for two months before?

Thanks for any advice

Be aware that you may be requested to show a health insurance since your extension will be based on a non OA. I am in a similar situation and have been recommended to be prepared if this happens to let my OA lapse and have a trip to KL or HCMC to get a brand new Non O.

16 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

OA lapse and have a trip to KL or HCMC to get a brand new Non O.

I am sure your OA visa expired some time ago. You would be leaving without a re-entry permit for you current extension of stay.

But I am certain you will not need to worry about that since IMO the info is false about the extensions of a OA visa entry needing insurance. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, glen1 said:

My visa expires early Feb 2020. Can I change to marriage extension on that basis without putting in the 400000 for two months before?

You could use the 40k baht income option. I suggest you reduce the amount of your transfers to below 65k baht for the next few months to avoid immigration pusing you do the extension based upon retirement (it is not a visa).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momofarang said:

Be aware that you may be requested to show a health insurance since your extension will be based on a non OA. I am in a similar situation and have been recommended to be prepared if this happens to let my OA lapse and have a trip to KL or HCMC to get a brand new Non O.

Rubbish. Scaremongering.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

Rubbish. Scaremongering.

Well, I said "MAY be needed", can anyone state that it "WILL NOT be needed"? And where would the scaremongering be anyway, a trip to KL or HCMC wouldn't be too devastating, would it?

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
baiting remark removed

3 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Well, I said "MAY be needed", can anyone state that it "WILL NOT be needed"? And where would the scaremongering be anyway, a trip to KL or HCMC wouldn't be too devastating, would it?

<removed>

There was a post today saying a person already on Extension would not need insurance to renew at Jomtiem. We need to just wait while the offices begin to sing from the same song-sheet.