"Lying" taxi driver's 78th airport offence - but the fine is only 200 baht!

webfact

"Lying" taxi driver's 78th airport offence - but the fine is only 200 baht!

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: Fined for the 78th time

A taxi driver who was clamped at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok and claimed security were picking on him has been revealed as a liar. 

The driver made a video of an altercation with security personnel.

Deputy director Kittpiong Kittikhajorn said there was no truth in his claims whatsoever. 

He was a habitual transgresser who always touted for passengers on the 4th floor rather than joining the proper queue downstairs at the terminal. 

He said this was the man's 78th similar offence.

But it seemed that it was no surprise that he kept offending. 

Each time he is only fined 200 baht. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-21

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a joke, 78 times he is only fined 200 baht, so he will just carry on, doing just as he pleases, he will make the 200 baht back on his first passenger.

Wake up you silly sods, fine him 10.000 baht, ban him, problem solved.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What a joke, 78 times he is only fined 200 baht, so he will just carry on, doing just as he pleases, he will make the 200 baht back on his first passenger.

Surely then in order to pay the fine, it will take him probably a week of driving illegally until he finds a first-time ferang he can take to Pattaya for 10,000 baht (plus tollway fees).

He will put it down to the cost of doing business,

200 Thb he will just add that to the first customers

fare...78 times !, they are not really serious about stamping

this out are they, like many other things.

regards Worgeordie

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He was a habitual transgresser who always touted for passengers on the 4th floor rather than joining the proper queue downstairs at the terminal. 

The big question is: Did he have a permit to go to the proper queue (read: paid for that?)

And those touting taxi's should use their meter which is the law. That way they would get customers much faster to be out of there.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He will put it down to the cost of doing business,

200 Thb he will just add that to the first customers

fare...78 times !, they are not really serious about stamping

this out are they, like many other things.

regards Worgeordie

Have you seen that truck who has to repell them from the drop-off zone? Even when that truck is horning very loud right behind the taxi's they won't leave for a minute and after that they start leaving very very slowly...right behind that truck is a long queue of new taxi's willing to stop and tout. That goes on all day long. It's a cat and mouse game.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

You are missing the point.

Your way - the income is only 10,000 baht. Max.

Their way, the income is 15,600 baht and likely to continue.

brainy business man, i use to love that fourth floor, for those in the know, no (50 baht fine)? hundreds jostling to get a taxi,  taxi pulls in, to do a DROP OFF,  i would jump in, always a good cheap deal back into Bangkok. the taxi driver gets a fare, no queuing for him for ages or going back to base with an empty taxi. they are only <deleted> off about losing the 50 baht ransome.

59 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

You are missing the point.

Your way - the income is only 10,000 baht. Max.

Their way, the income is 15,600 baht and likely to continue.

No way does ANY Thai ever think like that - they are all about the one-time BIG rip-off, with the concept of repeat business never entering their mind.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why...saying somebody is "picking on you" is not breaking the law. He parked illegally 78 times and paid the fine 78 times. Even back home...if you parked illegally 78 times you would be fined the same standard fine every time for that offence. It does not increase according to the amount of times you were clamped ?

1 minute ago, dotpoom said:

Why...saying somebody is "picking on you" is not breaking the law. He parked illegally 78 times and paid the fine 78 times. Even back home...if you parked illegally 78 times you would be fined the same standard fine every time for that offence. It does not increase according to the amount of times you were clamped ?

You'll find that quite a few countries have systems that don't tolerate recurring offences. Usually the fine increases, or it gets to a point where the offence history gets to a tipping point where there are laws for screwing around with the law!

51 minutes ago, AsiaCheese said:

Come on, seriously: what does it take to put that vermin out of a job? A murder?

Why is he "vermin" and why should anyone want to put him out of his job?  The only charge that has been made against him is picking up at Departures, some passengers would consider that a benefit.

i keep hearing about how they are cleaning  up the taxi problems at the airport but i do not see any changes.It is a nightmare arriving late but these days I just book a hotel near the airport with pick up and drop of next morning. Saves a lot  of heartache and probably works out a lot cheaper  as next morning you have options like  the sky train.

the 50 baht booking fee has just added 50 baht to the fare and the same issues occur when you get into the cab.

The problem would be solved if the sky train run later.  Bell bus have solved some problems but once again do not run  past 6pm. These dumb taxi drivers do not see that their days are coming to  an end.

You are rather stuck i at bangkok airport and at the mercy of these grubs

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Surely then in order to pay the fine, it will take him probably a week of driving illegally until he finds a first-time ferang he can take to Pattaya for 10,000 baht (plus tollway fees).

So confiscate his taxi, problem solved.

5 hours ago, Thian said:

The big question is: Did he have a permit to go to the proper queue (read: paid for that?)

And those touting taxi's should use their meter which is the law. That way they would get customers much faster to be out of there.

One place I come to where the taxis won't use there meter is at Thon Buri railway station . 300 Baht khaosan Rd. A metered taxi is 

69Baht

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

brainy business man, i use to love that fourth floor, for those in the know, no (50 baht fine)? hundreds jostling to get a taxi,  taxi pulls in, to do a DROP OFF,  i would jump in, always a good cheap deal back into Bangkok. the taxi driver gets a fare, no queuing for him for ages or going back to base with an empty taxi. they are only <deleted> off about losing the 50 baht ransome.

Exactly, It used to be the norm at Don Mueang for years. This is one of the basic principles practiced everywhere in the world. Taxi drops off - taxi leaves with passengers.

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

I do the same. I can't make out why you have to pay 50B to get into a taxi

I always catch my taxis upstairs at departures. They always use a meter, and I never have to pay the extra fee from downstairs. The only time I ever got ripped off at BKK airport was my first time into Thailand in 1998 using the legal 50 Baht queue at arrivals. The driver demanded 500 baht and when I refused took me on a 2 hour trip from DMK to Silom and back out to Sukaphibaan 3 for 450 baht on the meter. Welcome to Thailand! I have never used the downstairs queue at arrivals since then.

I only use the 4th floor for a taxi, if you know the ropes it is fine. There are a few who do park there but just ignore them and walk away from ther location. Sooner or later there will be a drop off and you have your taxi into the city.A few here are way over reacting about this guy

Archived