"Lying" taxi driver's 78th airport offence - but the fine is only 200 baht!

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

200 baht fine is nothing,the next customer can cover the cost.78 times and counting,it will happen again and another customer farang covers his fine

Picked up a taxi 4 wks ago from the official rank as I've done over the years. You get used to the 50bht surcharge, but at swampy you get your machine que no and go to your lane for your taxi. No record of taxi recorded.

Taxi to Bang Yai, 63km, usual fare max 500bht incl motorway fees and surcharge. My cowboy had a runaway speeding meter that hit 96km and a 800bht meter. I complained about his meter after 15 min in the taxi and the driver was ready to dump me on motorway and suggested I find another cab. 

No record of taxi recorded. I wanted to capture the meter and car details on my phone, but would definitely be asking for further trouble. I was tired and just wanted to get home and paid the extortion fare. 

At DM I'm sure on your surcharge receipt the taxi details are logged and recorded manually, so if you have an issue, an official complaint can be made concerning your ride. 

Most taxis from airport generally are fine. There can be sharks looking for rip off opportunities though. I always get Grab to airport, but can never get Grab from airport as against the airport rules. 

8 hours ago, fraggleRock said:

I NEVER use these criminals anymore and use GRAB, much better and such polite and nice folks - Thai taxi drivers are just to bad and are criminals just like in Malaya and Singapore - where I use UBER .....Don't use these criminals

I agree for Bangkok. This is not the case however for Pattaya where the starting price for any journey is 200 baht.

8 hours ago, fraggleRock said:

Planet am I from?  Planet done it! my dear.... In fact the best Taxi's in Asia are in Indonesia .... blue bird... I live in Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Denmark, USA and Scotland - so take a quiet step back Granddad into the dark and quietly go away back to your village and wither !!! 

Grand dad? Village? Nice try but I'm a long long way from being a grand dad and I live in Bangkok. 

Bluebirds give very good service but the cars are small, crappy and uncomfortable. Bangkok taxis are better on that front. In Jakarta I'll either use Silverbird or Grab. 

And you still haven't explained how Singapore taxis are criminals. But you live in lots of places and we're all really impressed. 

On 10/21/2019 at 9:05 AM, colinneil said:

What a joke, 78 times he is only fined 200 baht, so he will just carry on, doing just as he pleases, he will make the 200 baht back on his first passenger.

Wake up you silly sods, fine him 10.000 baht, ban him, problem solved.

yes fine the A hole 10,000 baht and throw him in jail for 30 day or he will keep doing it

3 hours ago, KenKadz said:

Off Topic; The worst thing the Airport Authority has done to the tourist industry is replace the curbside Human Taxi Booking Stand with the Ticket Machines. Have not had an honest taxi fare since!

Still at DM but not Suvarnabhumi now.. Automated and with problems now.. No recourse on overcharging rip-off drivers.. 

On 10/21/2019 at 1:11 PM, bluesofa said:

Surely then in order to pay the fine, it will take him probably a week of driving illegally until he finds a first-time ferang he can take to Pattaya for 10,000 baht (plus tollway fees).

I think even first time farang are wary enough to avoid the 10,000 special plus tolls.

Times are tough, and more and more are doing the homework. 

Not to mention that many have access to forums like this.

If I miss the last bus, I willingly pay the 1500 /1600 to sin city.

The easiest way is to actually use the biometric sim chip on the id card. 

Every time they get fined they get it recorded. 

Every additional transgression is a multiple of the last one.

Commit the same offense, pay the fine, but double. 

Do it again, treble. 

Again, four times. 

Even Australia is now implementing the biosecurity system for passport control. 

If you have outstanding fines or payments, they flag up when you try to leave the country. 

Why should little scrotes like this get away with it 78 times.??

(Unless the cousin wasn't working that day who he slips a few baht to, thus avoiding the taxi queues..)

I always go to departures, why pay the extra ?  but it is full of scammers that do not want to use the meter...

my fare to home is about 70 baht ... after 3 scammers, another stopped and said 100 baht till your destination... much traffic .... lol ... I know the traffic...

but I went for the 100 baht, tired of asking again and again ...

and those scammers just staying there till they have a victim that wants to go meter-less, 200 baht fine .... nice, TIT

nobody go check if they removed the identification number (yellow card with number)... as mostly it is turned the other way or none at all

Archived