Seven thousand Chinese go to Koh Larn: But what happened to Bali Hai port?

webfact

Seven thousand Chinese go to Koh Larn: But what happened to Bali Hai port?

74184033_746952449102676_2014343780697636864_n.jpg

Picture: Pattaya City Law Enforcement

A post on the Pattaya City Law Enforcement site said that officials were helping get thousands of Chinese on group tours across to Koh Larn from the mainland. 

Police were shown holding up the traffic so that the Chinese could cross the road and depart from the beach. 

But no mention was made of the Bali Hai port that the tourists are meant to use. 

6pm1.jpg

Poster Che Pattaya commented: "I thought they were meant to use the pier, not the beach". 

The story on Facebook said that 350 trips were made to ferry the tourists to the island. 

72713114_746952859102635_428964922454441984_n.jpg

In total there were 297 group tours on Saturday comprising 7,065 tourists. 

Source: Pattaya City Law Enforcement

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-21

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Maverell said:

I wonder who made any money that day from all those group tours?

You can see the purchasing power the Chinese tour groups have with those numbers.  This is how they can beat hotels, restaurants, bars, transport etc down to their absolute rock bottom price. 

Basically, businesses are forced to cut their prices to get the Chinese tour groups in, or they are taken elsewhere.

Once again, a race to the bottom here. 

46 minutes ago, webfact said:

In total there were 297 group tours on Saturday comprising 7,065 tourists. 

7065 tourists dumping rubbish on Koh Lan in just one day. 

Koh Garbage a monument to Thai greed.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Greed is good, sayeth Gordon Gekko, and all the wannabe rich people did hear what he said and saw that it was good, and all the wannabe rich people did obey their lord of darkness, and go out to destroy the world in the pursuit of greed.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They have destroyed Larn as a destination I wished to go to.

Used to be OK for a day out- no longer.

Never been to Larn, never will go either, but I thought it's always been for a day out tour only, no hotels/bungalows to stay over night?

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You need to include a sarcasm alert fore the humour bereft.

They have destroyed Larn as a destination I wished to go to. Used to be OK for a day out- no longer.

Lucky they have not destroyed all Thailand for you. Soon coming. ???? 

29 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Never been to Larn, never will go either, but I thought it's always been for a day out tour only, no hotels/bungalows to stay over night?

Yes, they have a lot of rooms for rent now. Long time since they didn´t have that.

I went there last Wednesday and yes endless stream of Chinese from speedboats. It seems like for many of them it is the first time they have seen water as they were very excited and entire beach was a photo shoot. Only real issue is the Wednesday no chair vendor rule. It should not be enforced for the islands as no one brings their own chairs and there is enough beach for everyone. Part of tourism is tourists so best to be inclusive to all.

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

First time I was there was April 2016. Beautiful water and not too crowded. Some Chinese tour groups but manageable. 

Last time I went was May 2019.. overcrowded ferry to get there, hordes of mostly Indian tourists and some Chinese. If they are adding 7000 Chinese to what I saw, there is no reason to go anymore.  

They do have some small accommodations there, but I never spent the night there.. 

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

I saw some of these boats unloading late afternoon at the beach and the rubbish tumbled out before the people did.

My first visit to Koh Larn 20 years ago was nothing short of breathtaking. Turning left from the dock, there was all of about 100m of "road" that then turned into a tiny dirt track. As we crested the hill by the Buddha the scene was like something you only see in the movies... amazing white beach, azure sea, and the shore lined by nothing but palm trees. It was beautiful. 

So sad.

Beaches all over this area accessible by tour bus, why do these tour groups risk their lives in overcrowded boats, pitching and falling on the choppy waves all the way to an island to go to a beach? 

Pattaya bay was once beautiful to look at, now it is a parking lot for several hundred ugly boats. 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They have destroyed Larn as a destination I wished to go to. Used to be OK for a day out- no longer.

Hasn't been for about 10 years now. It got crowded when the BKK hordes arrived after Central was finished and has gotten worse with every locust attack wave since.

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

You can see the purchasing power the Chinese tour groups have with those numbers.  This is how they can beat hotels, restaurants, bars, transport etc down to their absolute rock bottom price. 

Basically, businesses are forced to cut their prices to get the Chinese tour groups in, or they are taken elsewhere.

Yes, that's the bait... the accommodations. The hook? Because while they took a hit on the accommodation margins they got it all back and then some overcharging for tours, food, entertainment, activities you name it. So while they may go back to China saying they got cheap rooms, they surely will not tell them how much it cost to go to that fake "floating market" on hiway 3 or the silly dolphin show or the big seafood buffets. 

The only reason to live in the pit of Pattaya is because of the bars n bargirls. 

Not because it’s a nice place to live not because it has nice clean beaches not because it’s a cheap pleasant place but because it’s full of booze n whores. Many of the later are now fat and ugly as sin.
now let’s hear the cacophony of deniers shout loudly ... you bad man to say this ... No!

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

Managing groups seems like an efficient way so the hotelier can drop his unit orice.

In practise, not so easy as they all talk amongst themseleves, complain to the leader and use their bulk to harass the poor b hotelier with requests day and night.

Archived