"One rotten fish makes the whole lot stink!" Rip off minivan driver spoils Thai family trip

webfact

"One rotten fish makes the whole lot stink!" Rip off minivan driver spoils Thai family trip

8pm.jpg

Thai caption: A terrible trip

Sanook reported that a Thai father called Bunnam, 46, went to the police after a minivan driver ripped him and his family off on a trip to Bang Saen beach. 

They were even dumped at a market. 

Bunnam said that along with his wife and four children he had travelled from Prachinburi to the power station in Bang Pakong, Chacherngsao where they waited for a connection to take them to Bang Saen. 

It was a family trip in the school holidays and everyone was looking forward to it.

A minivan plying the Bangkok to Rayong route stopped and said he was passing the beach and he would take them for 160 baht per person. 

Bunnam thought this was a lot saying it was usually 40-60 baht a person and some in the party were very small children. But he decided to pay up the 960 baht. 

Then when they reached the Nong Mon market they were told to get out.

Bunnam decided to go to the Saensuk police as this was an injustice and the trip was now anything but fun. 

He said that one rotten fish makes the whole batch stink. 

English speakers might be more familiar with a proverb relating to "one bad apple", notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-21

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Nice to see a Thai being ripped off for a change. I personaly would not even set foot in a minibus but this has more to with the way they drive the things. 

It is a misconception that Thais are not getting ripped off by other Thais.

I.e. lots of Thais which arrive from outside of Bangkok at the bus terminal are greeted by greedy rip-off taxi-no-meter drivers.

Some time ago there was also an old women who told everybody who wanted to listed that she wanted to go home and needs money. Every couple of weeks I saw her there again and again... 

4 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Nice to see a Thai being ripped off for a change. I personaly would not even set foot in a minibus but this has more to with the way they drive the things. 

I's always sad to see schadenfreude appearing on Thai Visa. I'm not convinced it's a positive thing.

4 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I don't think that it is nice to see anyone ripped off!

4 hours ago, loong said:

I don't think that it is nice to see anyone ripped off!

So true. Somr seem to take twisted pleasure in seeing Thais as the victim "for a change", when in fact, they (TVF posters) are the sad recipients of their own bigotry.

Thais get ripped off by other Thais every day of the week. It is just a percentage of the people who love to scam, like in every country of the world. Nothing special about Thai ripoff artists. They are everywhere in this world of ours, where a group of the population would prefer to steal our hard earned money, rather than work for a living. 

Archived