Savannakhet Making The Rules Up As They Go

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Funny that as I don't feel that I'm forced to leave but rather choose to do so as transferring large amounts of money to do extensions at the moment with the strength of the baht is not so beneficial to me so I choose the border run.Please note that I didn't come back and ask you anything but I did notice you didn't seem keen on saying if was your opinion or not and seems I may have upset you some how so I won't cause further upset by asking you anything again,but thanks for making the effort to express your deep hurt!

If you have all the answers then stop asking other people what they think, or are you really that bored? If you really can't comprehend what a multiple entry visa is designed for and for what type of person then that is on you, but it's really not rocket science old fella.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

Rubbish - showing her government ID is a perfectly normal thing for a government official to do when dealing with other government officials. In this case, it solved the problem, and prevented a costly and time consuming second visit.

My wife (a government official) does it, as do her colleagues, whenever they encounter minor problems with bureaucracy, unfair traffic cops, etc. Works wonders.

It does seem like cronyism.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

If you have all the answers then stop asking other people what they think, or are you really that bored? If you really can't comprehend what a multiple entry visa is designed for and for what type of person then that is on you, but it's really not rocket science old fella.

You are indeed correct in saying I have all the answers well I have and an answer for everything it's just that they are rarely correct which is why I ask people what they think as it is one way to learn what people think as my mind reading capabilities are quite limited.I thought multi entry visas where designed for making multiple entries and thought that it is up to the competent official to decide my validity and the type of person they apply to and as regards to rocket surgery I'm not that crash hot at it!

Edited by FarFlungFalang
Correction
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Are you suggesting people doing border runs with multi entry visas are doing something illegal?Also what radar?You have to stand in front of immigration officials every 90 days are you suggesting something is wrong with border runs as an alternative to extensions?

Yes, it shouldn't be used as a permanent method of staying here. I'm suggesting that Immigration want people who are staying (more) permanently in Thailand to use the extension method that includes supplying the income requirements and residency rules.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

Yes, it shouldn't be used as a permanent method of staying here. I'm suggesting that Immigration want people who are staying (more) permanently in Thailand to use the extension method that includes supplying the income requirements and residency rules.

Yes, correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

In your opinion.

Our opinion doesn't count, and nor does yours. It's immigration rules that count.

As more people abuse the rules Immigration will make them tougher. The problem comes when people abuse the system, the tougher rules that are introduced means people who need to use the non immigrant visa for a genuine and legal (one off?) reason also find themselves caught up in the abuse problem.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

I can appreciate that you feel the border run method shouldn't be used for more permanent stay and I would much prefer to be able to get permanent residency status.I think the purpose of Immigration is to enforce the Immigration laws not make them up but I do think that some Immigration officials have some strange interpretations of the laws therefore we must do the best we can with the current system as complicated as it is and I imagine it's not that easy for the officials either.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

I use them every 90 days (non-o).

No immigration officer has ever suggested I need a different VISA.

Until, as has happened to various posters on here, they're refused entry for having to many non immigrant and/or VE stamps in the passport. And, as you will agree, those types of posts are appearing with greater and greater regularity now.

7 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

Our opinion doesn't count, and nor does yours. It's immigration rules that count.

As more people abuse the rules Immigration will make them tougher. The problem comes when people abuse the system, the tougher rules that are introduced means people who need to use the non immigrant visa for a genuine and legal (one off?) reason also find themselves caught up in the abuse problem.

Stop pushing these fairy tales.

Previously, big bosses had shares in airlines , large bus companies

and these visas were ...dee mak mak !
Bureaucracy has no such shares because they aree less enterprising
so these visas are ...mai dee mak mak.

2 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

Stop pushing these fairy tales.

Previously, big bosses had shares in airlines , large bus companies

and these visas were ...dee mak mak !
Bureaucracy has no such shares because they aree less enterprising
so these visas are ...mai dee mak mak.

More fairytales?????????????????????????

4 hours ago, Genericnic said:

"My wife said she is a Government Officer and a lawyer for 25 years and showed him her Government ID."

Can I borrow your wife for my next application? ????

David

Be careful what you wish for.

• Haha 1