Savannakhet Making The Rules Up As They Go

13 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Please show us any proof of anybody on a Non O based on marriage ever getting refused entry to Thailand?

Instead of doing that, they have taken the path of heavily restricting the issuance of multiple entry non Immigrany visas.

Anybody heard of many people still getting, say, a multiple entry non ED?

How about multiple entry non B's? 2-3 places on the planet? Penang (directors, shareholders etc), HK (locals only), and perhaps Yangon, with varying conditions?

How about multi entry non O's? London took them off the menu already. Savannakhet and Penang left?

Does it not seem like all the others say: you get single, you extend there if you want to stay longer?

Edited by lkv

4 hours ago, Pib said:

And a problem that can occur in requiring the "original" marriage certificate (Kor Ror 3) is if that original goes Missing In Action because it was lost, damaged, stolen, the dog ate it, etc., a person can "not" get a replacement....it's a one time issue thing.   

This was confirmed by three district offices the wife and I dealt with last week in getting a correction made to our marriage record from many years ago.   One office was the Rayong down close to Pattaya and two khet offices here in Bangkok. 

But what you can get from any local district office is a Kor Ror 2 which comes from the national database and basically validates/confirms you are still married as of date of that Kor Ror 2.   Like where many immigration offices want to see the Kor Ror 3 and also a fresh Kor Ror 2 when applying for a marriage extension of stay.

Just presenting a Kor Ror 3 (original) does not mean a person is still married.   

when i married i received 2 copies.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I use them every 90 days (non-o).

No immigration officer has ever suggested I need a different VISA.

And I've never seen any government document suggesting it isn't the right VISA for me.

All this 'abusing the rules' is in your mind.

I also am on a 1 yr non o every year, but can you really not see that we are 'winging it'? We are here permanently yet declare no address, no means of income, nothing. If my next one is rejected and told I need an extension to stay all year round I won't have any complaints, and neither should you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, lkv said:

How about multi entry non O's? London took them off the menu already. Savannakhet and Penang left?

Why bring ME non-os into the discussion.

I just do it one at a time, and everywhere seems OK giving me those.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Please show us any proof of anybody on a Non O based on marriage ever getting refused entry to Thailand?....Maybe UbonJoe can confirm if he herd of anybody as I been on a Non O for the past five years and doing boarder runs every 90 days with the odd weekend getaway to a neighboring country once a year by plane. Not once at an airport or boarder crossing has ever Thai immigration mentioned anything to me about to many Non O visas or any other questions about my visa besides just wanting my full address on the arrival card so until that day comes many of you here are just talking nonsense.

I believe the point being made here is that they may stop these visas for people who abuse them, ie, stay the whole year on them. Time will tell.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only at the Poi Pet crossing. Some were told on departure they could leave the country but had to stay overnight or turned away and told they had do it by air.. Some were denied entry and told they have to do it by air.

Many people have been using a multiple entry for years. Many because they were working out of the country and could not be here long enough to apply for an extensions. Some because they do not want to deal with immigration. Others because they do not have 400k baht in the bank and/or others that have a pension income just below 40k baht (no combination of the 2 allowed).

I usually spend a week out of the country for each of my non-os.

Seems pointless to just go out/in, but after a week I start missing my children (OK so it's a bit soppy).

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why bring ME non-os into the discussion.

I just do it one at a time, and everywhere seems OK giving me those.

Yep, so were many people doing consecutive single entry non B's every 3 months, because the employers did not want / could not provide documentation for a local extension.

Then all of the sudden, one day, Kuala Lumpur started to put remarks on these single entry non B visas, advising they would be refused next time.

I see it as a matter of time until it spreads to non O single.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How would that be proved?

I don't think it will happen since it is allowed for humanitarian reasons so people can stay with their Thai family.

How can it be proved? One tap on the computer will probably tell them how long a person has been in Thailand for during a 1 year period?

As for the second bit, maybe they won't stop them but ot convinced they care too much about the family, after all they are making it harder to stay for other people on other visa types who would also have family but maybe just not married,

Just now, FredGallaher said:

They put a stop on back to back tourist and ed visas, because they knew people in the know were gaming the system. Those getting yearly Non O for retirement and/or marriage are gaming the system in that they don't have to show Thai Bank financials, if they do 90 days runs. I can see the next move will require the Thai Bank financials for the yearly Non O crowd to but everything on a equal basis. Something like first one OK but renewals require money in a Thai bank.

BTW I think must of this started with the withdrawal of the embassy letters, but it' only my thought.

Yes, as I have been saying it is 'winging it' and 'maybe' they will have a look at it. As you will see some are getting rather upset with that viewpoint.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Not at a embassy or consulate where the application is done. They have no access to the info about entries s and departure from the country.

Family could include Thai children that a person is the parent of. Visas are available for the parent of a Thai.

The primary reason they are issued is due to a person has valid reason for the visa to be issued other than being a tourist.

Many people are using non-b multiple entry visas for business or work that stay here almost full time as well,

Yes, was aware of that (first part) So I suppose once you have the visa the IO is always obliged to stamp you in, the point though has always been if they will change the laws for applying for the 1 year non O's.