Savannakhet Making The Rules Up As They Go

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not at a embassy or consulate where the application is done. They have no access to the info about entries s and departure from the country.

Family could include Thai children that a person is the parent of. Visas are available for the parent of a Thai.

The primary reason they are issued is due to a person has valid reason for the visa to be issued other than being a tourist.

Many people are using non-b multiple entry visas for business or work that stay here almost full time as well,

Another point is yes one has a valid reason for the visa and staying here but some on these visas are below retirement age and yet are not asked how they support said family? So maybe that will be looked at.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What's still unclear for some here?

If someone wants to stay 12 months continuously, there is a solution!

It's called: (drumroll).......Extension of stay, available at local Immigration.

If Immigration wanted you to stay 12 months on a non O multi or several O singles, they would not limit the permission of stay at 90 days per entry, would they? Or you guys think they did that because they wanted you to do visa runs?

Someone living in a country does not have to do visa runs!

They also allow longer permissions of stay for otger visa categories, such as non O-A/X.

Edited by lkv

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 hours ago, Moonlover said:
7,500 Baht. A bargain? For doing what you can easily do yourself for free.

Not my idea of a bargain.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 hours ago, Moonlover said:
7,500 Baht. A bargain? For doing what you can easily do yourself for free.

Not my idea of a bargain.

Learn how to quote, you've quoted the wrong person

Yes TVF does that doesn't it. You quote someone's message and TVF attributes the quote to the next person down the chain.

Don't blame me pal, blame the webmaster. ????

Edited by Moonlover

3 minutes ago, lkv said:

If Immigration wanted you to stay 12 months on a non O multi or several O singles, they would not limit the permission of stay at 90 days per entry, would they? Or you guys think they did that because they wanted you to do visa runs?

One could say the same about 90 day reporting.

If they were happy for you to stay here for a year, why do they insist you report every 90 days? (or leave the country)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lkv said:

It's called: (drumroll).......Extension of stay, available at local Immigration.

There are many different types of visa with different lengths of stay. The O-A, for example, does give a 1 year stay.

Some people like to go on trips. Travel around the region or further afield. The Non O ME works perfectly with this.

No need to get a re entry permit just to leave and come back.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

Has been my point all along, they are not meant for perm residents.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

One could say the same about 90 day reporting.

If they were happy for you to stay here for a year, why do they insist you report every 90 days? (or leave the country)

They don't insist you leave the country and do a visa run!

People that travel less than 90 days into Thailand per entry do not need to report every 90 days (obviously). Because they never stay longer than 90 days.

Anybody that stays consecutively more than 90 days per one entry, has to do a 90 day report of address when the time comes, regardless of the visa category /extension.

Edited by lkv

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Why bring ME non-os into the discussion.

I just do it one at a time, and everywhere seems OK giving me those.

The non-O ME is what my plan was based around, even shortening my border run to the UK in Jan to 6 days ( daughters birthday). I'll not get to use them for years as I'll only be in my 23rd month when the UK issued ones a finish. So unless I take a detour via HCMC on the way back next Aug, the original plan is no longer available. The visa requirement in 2018 was show £1400 a month, and in 2019 had increased to £1500 a month, asked for by London (Though not actually enforced apparently). That is still above marriage extension requirements, is it not.

Except they will not recognise the income here now and will not process an extension quickly enough even if they did. Still the pound has just has to come a couple more percent and my SWIFT transfer stream would be valid for an extension (which would be unavailable due to time scale).

So I'll be doing them as non-O SE each time as well.

It would be most disappointing if I dropped past HCMC next year and ran into problems, as mentioned by the OP, like those signatures are not real etc.

( The ball is also burst for using the non-OA as an ME alternative )

32 minutes ago, puchooay said:

There are many different types of visa with different lengths of stay. The O-A, for example, does give a 1 year stay.

Some people like to go on trips. Travel around the region or further afield. The Non O ME works perfectly with this.

No need to get a re entry permit just to leave and come back.

Yes. Trips into Thailand. Not out of Thailand.

As long as each trip into Thailand does not exceed 90 days.

So they live outside of Thailand, and visit Thailand multiple times, each time they get a permission of stay of up to 90 days.

That's why they are issued outside of Thailand, and not in Thailand. They are meant for people travelling regularly to Thailand.

Inside Thailand, they issue extensions of stay, for people that want to extend their stays.

Edited by lkv
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, puchooay said:

No. You missed my point. Many people like to be based in Thailand but travel around.

As an example, last year I used a Non O ME visa to be based in Thailand. During the year my wife and I traveled out of Thailand 4 times. Once each to Siem Reap, India, Laos and UK. The Non O ME is very convenient for this.

You missed mine. You should not be based in Thailand on a multiple entry non O. ???? (as far as Immigration is concerned).

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 hours ago, Matzzon said:
Seems like it would be a Non-O ME based on the price for the visa. Sure, 7,5k is not much if you want to relax and have all done with no hassle.

I was interested if it was retirement, not so easy to get, proof of retirement and all that guff

I think "all that guff" is something that suddenly disappear when the agent and the other person that looks at "all that guff" split 7,5k between each other. ???? 

Just think if they have 3 of that every day. That would be and easy 10k a day, with a result of about 200k a month per head. Not bad! ???? 

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
17 minutes ago, Matzzon said:
I think "all that guff" is something that suddenly disappear when the agent and the other person that looks at "all that guff" split 7,5k between each other. emoji846.png 

Just think if they have 3 of that every day. That would be and easy 10k a day, with a result of about 200k a month per head. Not bad! emoji846.png 

I wonder if the agents can magically get a non imm O based on retirement without the financials

Why don´t you ask? Money can many time do incredible things.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Any error on the Kor Ror 3 marriage certificate should also be wrong on the Kor Ror 2.

No...not necessarily the case.  In my case the license number on the Kor Ror 3 marriage certificate was different than what was in the national database/on the Kor Ror 2.  When the district office noticed that they would not issue the Kor Ror 2...plus there was another error in my name not being in the system.  So, the office said you need to go to the original office to get things corrected...figure out which number is correct....and said they expect the number on the Kor Ror 3 was wrong probably due to seeing this type of problem before. 

Went to the original office and the correct number was what was in the database and that was in the paper logs of the marriage also.  So, since they do not reissue a Kor Ror 3 marriage certificate the number on it will never match the correct number....the number that should have been on the Kor Ror 3...the number that is on the paper logs, in the national database, and what will always be on any Kor Ror 2 which also explains the mismatch of numbers.  

The person who prepared the pretty, suitable for framing Kor Ror 3 just messed up.   Over four decades ago there were no computers....just typewriters.  Now, and probably for the last few decades, a Kor Ror 3 is produced directly from the database....a computer printout directly onto certificate template....little to no chance of an error.  But back when we got married it was a completely separate task done after all the the other marriage paper work was completed.  And a person would have no way of knowing the number on the license was incorrect or correct....whether it matched the number in the paper logs.....all you cared about that you had a govt certificate with your name and the spouse names on it saying you were married on date X and some official signed it.

Some day if I ever run into an immigration/embassy officer that refuses to process some visa/extension because of different numbers appearing on the Kor Ror 3 and Kor Ror 2 I hope they don't demand the numbers match because it can't be as a Kor Ror 3 is not reissued.   Plus the Kor Ror 2 is suppose to be the gold standard of confirming the correct marriage info and "confirms a person is still married."

5 hours ago, JaiLai said:

my friend was there today, although a lot of people absolutely no problem getting 1 year non O.

no changes.

Yep. Recently back from there. No issues and not 1 person in the queue in front of me ( 10.30 am on a Wednesday ) Original marriage certificate has been the norm for as long as I've been going. In and out in 5 minutes.

Can't understand why anyone would still go on a Monday despite countless threads and posts advising against it.

Some people just have to learn the hard way.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yep. Recently back from there. No issues and not 1 person in the queue in front of me ( 10.30 am on a Wednesday ) Original marriage certificate has been the norm for as long as I've been going. In and out in 5 minutes.

Can't understand why anyone would still go on a Monday despite countless threads and posts advising against it.

Some people just have to learn the hard way.

Were you getting another Non-0 "before" the old permitted to stay date had expired? Or on some other kind of visa/extension of stay that had not expired yet...still had a little time left on it? 

The reason I ask is some have reported trying to get another non-0 before the permitted to stay date had expired was rejected....told to come back after the current permitted to stay date has expired.

• Like 1

I feel like i am reading comments to a different thread. 

He stated right off the bathe showed up without the original. I think it is wise to put the comments about others he had aside as he had no idea of their situation.

As for his situation, he did not have the correct documentation. Of course you are going to have trouble. But if you read some of the replies in here the sky is falling. If an expat shows up there tomorrow, well dressed, all required docs, i am giving 20 to 1 he gets through completely unscathed. 

• Like 2