Savannakhet Making The Rules Up As They Go

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

No. You missed my point. Many people like to be based in Thailand but travel around.

As an example, last year I used a Non O ME visa to be based in Thailand. During the year my wife and I traveled out of Thailand 4 times. Once each to Siem Reap, India, Laos and UK. The Non O ME is very convenient for this.

I am in and out fairly constantly.. in fact it prevents me obtaining a marriage extension of stay as I am not here long enough. 

And now London wont issue me multiple entry non imm Os.. They tell me to extend incountry, but have no answer to how to do that in the times I am there. 

So married, here 18 years, home, life, dogs,, etc etc.. And am caught in thier catch 22 games..  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lkv said:

You missed mine. You should not be based in Thailand on a multiple entry non O. ???? (as far as Immigration is concerned).

Explain how someone who has to travel out of the country every few weeks, is supposed to obtain anything different ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, Matzzon said:
I think "all that guff" is something that suddenly disappear when the agent and the other person that looks at "all that guff" split 7,5k between each other. emoji846.png 

Just think if they have 3 of that every day. That would be and easy 10k a day, with a result of about 200k a month per head. Not bad! emoji846.png 

I wonder if the agents can magically get a non imm O based on retirement without the financials

24k is the price I hear

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yep. Recently back from there. No issues and not 1 person in the queue in front of me ( 10.30 am on a Wednesday ) Original marriage certificate has been the norm for as long as I've been going. In and out in 5 minutes.

Can't understand why anyone would still go on a Monday despite countless threads and posts advising against it.

Some people just have to learn the hard way.

not everyone reads tv, probably no idea about the busy days..

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

I am in and out fairly constantly.. in fact it prevents me obtaining a marriage extension of stay as I am not here long enough. 

And now London wont issue me multiple entry non imm Os.. They tell me to extend incountry, but have no answer to how to do that in the times I am there. 

So married, here 18 years, home, life, dogs,, etc etc.. And am caught in thier catch 22 games..  

On the other hand, should you be here for 4 weeks and get your extension based on marriage, couldn't you subsequently just fly in / out every few weeks as you like, with re-entry?

Why can't you take a little bit of a longer break here to get it done? Delegate your work for 4 weeks????

Edited by RedPill
  • Confused 1

Just now, RedPill said:

On the other hand, should you be here for 4 weeks and get your extension based on marriage, couldn't you subsequently just fly in / out every few weeks as you like, with re-entry?

Why can't you take a little bit of a longer break? ????

You need to be there 4 months to secure a marriage extension.. I have had 2 take 5 months. 

90 day entry.. 30 days under review. 

33 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Sadly Thailand doesn't offer a good visa for every situation and we can't change it.

If they should stop offering multiple non-o visas at all you have to choose between visa exempts, elite visa or leave Thailand.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, gimo said:

Really ? I thought that's exactly what a non o based on marriage was for . To spend time with Thai wife ( and son , in my case ) . Have you seen official guidelines/rules that say it's for O/S workers that come and go only ? 

Well put. The Non-O based on marriage will be fine for awhile. If anything maybe proof of funds, IMO. As how the current 'improvements' on visa 'goal posts' have been, I think they have enough on their hands for awhile.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Explain how someone who has to travel out of the country every few weeks, is supposed to obtain anything different ??

In Immigration's view, a person spending most of their time in Thailand should be on a 12 month extension of stay with re-entry permit.

Or, if they wish not to extend in country, and they wish to stay over 3 months with a visa issued outside of Thailand, then the visa fit for that purpose is non O-A or non O-X.

Don't you see that every other visa has a capped permission of stay at 60/90 days?

90 days is short term.

Over 90 days is long term.

Short term: SETV, METV, Non O single/multiple, Non B single/multiple, Non ED single/multiple etc. All short term. All for short visits.

For longer stays (over 90 days): extension of stay from local Immigration, non O-A/X, Elite.

Edited by lkv
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, lkv said:

In Immigration's view, a person spending most of their time in Thailand should be on a 12 month extension of stay with re-entry permit.

Or, if they wish not to extend in country, and they wish to stay over 3 months with a visa issued outside of Thailand, then the visa fit for that purpose is non O-A or non O-X.

Don't you see that every other visa has a capped permission of stay at 60/90 days?

90 days is short term.

Over 90 days is long term.

Short term: SETV, METV, Non O single/multiple, Non B single/multiple, Non ED single/multiple etc. All short term.

For longer stays: extension of stay from local Immigration, non O-A/X, Elite.

Under 50 lived here since 2001. Home here, wife, dogs, many vehicles, etc

Now running a business outside of the kingdom and travel monthly or so. 

Can't get a multiple entry in the country of my passport, can't extend, etc etc. 

Sure there's always ways, but it's slightly rediculous how difficult it has become for a legit, newly 2 decade resident, well off married man, to continue to visit his home.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Can't get a multiple entry in the country of my passport, can't extend, etc etc. 

Sure there's always ways, but it's slightly rediculous how difficult it has become for a legit, newly 2 decade resident, well off married man, to continue to visit his home.

The fact that they don't want you here unless you play their game is a different matter.

They provide you with options, the fact that they don't suit everybody or not everybody meets requirements (or want to meet requirements), is a different story.

I'm not agreeing with what they do, I left in March, I'm just describing visa categories and what their purpose is, and everyone can draw their own conclusions about being wanted/not being wanted here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Looks like it's either a mandatory 4-5 month Thailand holiday for you to get the marriage extension done or Elite?

Always wondered what's so magic about age 50? People 45-49 years old have less money than people with 50?

Edited by RedPill
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedPill said:

Looks like it's either a mandatory 4-5 month Thailand holiday for you to get the marriage extension done or Elite?

Always wondered what's so magic about age 50? People 45-49 years old have less money than people with 50?

why does it take 4-5 months?

firstly put money in bank to season for 2 months - takes 1 day to deposit or 0 days if wire from abroad

get wife to gather up all the docs

once seasoning finished, fly in, grab bank letter/kor ror 2, put in extension request, then wait 1 month with under consideration stamp

as far as i am aware one can still fly out/in on an under consideration stamp?

so time in country 1-2 days to apply + 1 day to pickup?

16 hours ago, Pib said:

Were you getting another Non-0 "before" the old permitted to stay date had expired? Or on some other kind of visa/extension of stay that had not expired yet...still had a little time left on it? 

The reason I ask is some have reported trying to get another non-0 before the permitted to stay date had expired was rejected....told to come back after the current permitted to stay date has expired.

Nonsense, If your Non O Visa has expired then what does the permitted to stay date have to do with anything? as you should have no problem obtaining the new visa as I never herd of anybody being rejected because of that?

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording

10 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

You need to be there 4 months to secure a marriage extension.. I have had 2 take 5 months. 

90 day entry.. 30 days under review. 

you could get a fresh 90 day entry, then leave on a reentry permit, then when in country on the final 7-14 days of the original permission to stay stamp, apply for a married yearly extension, a bit of a mess about but could work.

4 minutes ago, puchooay said:

That shows that it should not be used to stay long term? No. That just shows the enter before date.

Yes.

It means it cannot be used after that date! Then you will be limited to the ultimate Permission from that Visa. 

multi entry visas are not designed for people staying here permanently

Is the point under discussion, you have switched from permanently to long term?

Edited by jacko45k

12 hours ago, Pib said:

No...not necessarily the case.  In my case the license number on the Kor Ror 3 marriage certificate was different than what was in the national database/on the Kor Ror 2. 

I think you mean the registration file number shown on the back of it.

Probably it you had not shown the marriage certificate they would of not even of noticed it.

We did not get a Kor Ror 2 when we registered our marriage. Wife made a quick trip to a local Amphoe when immigration wanted it the first time and go one by showing her ID card and nothing more.

I don't think immigration will ever notice the different file number. It took them several years before they noticed my wifes year  of birth was wrong. Not a big deal at the time since they went ahead and processed the application. Wife just got it fixed before we did the next application.

14 hours ago, puchooay said:

Thanks for your opinion. It is just an opinion, right? If not, maybe you could point out where it says such a thing on the application. Thanks.

It says so in the name: Non-immigrant

"non-immigrant" is called ยู่ชั่วคราว in Thai, which simply means "stay temporarily". If you want to stay permanently you are supposed to get permanent residency.

Edited by jackdd