BANGKOK
Jeffrey346

Savannakhet Making The Rules Up As They Go

33 minutes ago, steve187 said:

when i married i received 2 copies.

Same for me (1989)

• Like 1

Seems like it would be a Non-O ME based on the price for the visa. Sure, 7,5k is not much if you want to relax and have all done with no hassle.
I was interested if it was retirement, not so easy to get, proof of retirement and all that guff

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How would that be proved?

I don't think it will happen since it is allowed for humanitarian reasons so people can stay with their Thai family.

How can it be proved? One tap on the computer will probably tell them how long a person has been in Thailand for during a 1 year period?

As for the second bit, maybe they won't stop them but ot convinced they care too much about the family, after all they are making it harder to stay for other people on other visa types who would also have family but maybe just not married,

1 minute ago, puchooay said:

Thanks for your opinion. It is just an opinion, right? If not, maybe you could point out where it says such a thing on the application. Thanks.

No need to thank me, but thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

No need to thank me, but thanks.

Thank you once again. This time for proving you are talking out of your a#@e.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, puchooay said:

Thank you once again. This time for proving you are talking out of your a#@e.

Thank you for thanking me again. I bet you like to do other things with your a#@e, eh tiger...haha.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, FredGallaher said:

They put a stop on back to back tourist and ed visas, because they knew people in the know were gaming the system. Those getting yearly Non O for retirement and/or marriage are gaming the system in that they don't have to show Thai Bank financials, if they do 90 days runs. I can see the next move will require the Thai Bank financials for the yearly Non O crowd to but everything on a equal basis. Something like first one OK but renewals require money in a Thai bank.

BTW I think must of this started with the withdrawal of the embassy letters, but it' only my thought.

Yes, as I have been saying it is 'winging it' and 'maybe' they will have a look at it. As you will see some are getting rather upset with that viewpoint.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Not at a embassy or consulate where the application is done. They have no access to the info about entries s and departure from the country.

Family could include Thai children that a person is the parent of. Visas are available for the parent of a Thai.

The primary reason they are issued is due to a person has valid reason for the visa to be issued other than being a tourist.

Many people are using non-b multiple entry visas for business or work that stay here almost full time as well,

Yes, was aware of that (first part) So I suppose once you have the visa the IO is always obliged to stamp you in, the point though has always been if they will change the laws for applying for the 1 year non O's.