McDonald’s welcomes disabled customers with guide dogs

webfact

McDonald’s welcomes disabled customers with guide dogs

By THE NATION

800_a8bbd1672890c22.jpg?v=1571637636

This picture shows Kirin Techawongtham, or Nong Sai, with her guide dog Luther on a visit to McDonald’s Whizdom 101 recently.

McThai, the development licensee of McDonald’s restaurants in Thailand, has opened its doors to disabled customers with guide dogs certified by recognized institutes, the company said in a press statement.

These consumers can now enjoy their meals at McDonald’s restaurants nationwide, with the full support of staff.

Guiding%20Eyes%20for%20the%20Blind%202.j

DA158966-7CB4-472F-8294-37E98BDD55D4.jpe

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377604

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-21

That's the first time I saw a guide dog in Thailand...never seen one in "real life"    seen plenty of blind musicians and lottery sellers being lead around by sighted people..never by a dog...maybe a good use for some of those stray mutts roaming around the street ? ..and will they attack the guide dogs ???

29 minutes ago, essox essox said:

what is the definition of "DISABLED" the person in photo not disabled in my eyes !!!!

quote "

This picture shows Kirin Techawongtham, or Nong Sai, with her guide dog Luther on a visit to McDonald’s Whizdom 101 recently.

McThai, the development licensee of McDonald’s restaurants in Thailand, has opened its doors to disabled customers with guide dogs certified by recognized institutes, the company said in a press statement.

Could it be that she is certified as blind and therefore she has a guide dog?

Usually Guide dogs are used by blind people in many countries of the world.

8 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Anyone investigating the young ladies backstory online will discover that she is indeed visually impaired and that she first started using a guide dog while studying in the USA.

At the time this photo was taken (August 2019) Luther was the only guide dog in Thailand:

image.png.fd4ed6e802067a0cf352028717574ecd.png

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-only-guide-dog-and-blind-owner-11773114

Other News today:

Social Development Ministry to offer first-ever guide dog ...

7 hours ago, Enoon said:

At the time this photo was taken (August 2019) Luther was the only guide dog in Thailand:

In recent years i've seen more guide dogs in thailand, also movies about them on internet. But i agree they are very rare here, a dog which listens to it's own name and will come here on command is already very rare.

So funny, or sad actually...my neighbour has a labrador which he never walks...yesterday he came home while i passed his house on foot...he didn't look at all at the dog, dog didn't look at all at him but when the dog saw me he run to the gate while the owner went into the house...

They have no relation at all, dog sits in the garden all day, gets food and that's about it. I even have never seen this dog wag it's tail, never...he also won't let me walk his dog.

I believe service dog is the correct expression...guide was used 30years ago...

do they really have certified org here? I have never seen a service dog here...

what about companion dogs org? For hospitals LT care, orphanages etc

just don’t see thailand investing monies in these org as they have no history in doing so given their poor relationship in taking care of the street population and how the gen pop feel about dogs....

NGOs to the rescue...

More than likely the girl got the dog while she was at school in the USA. Not a Thai dog or Thai trained dog. There won't be that many guide dogs coming to McDonalds where you are but you can  bet the privilege will be abused by some.

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

I believe service dog is the correct expression...guide was used 30years ago...

do they really have certified org here? I have never seen a service dog here...

what about companion dogs org? For hospitals LT care, orphanages etc

just don’t see thailand investing monies in these org as they have no history in doing so given their poor relationship in taking care of the street population and how the gen pop feel about dogs....

NGOs to the rescue...

they spend money on SUBS (not subway) and tanks rather than improve a persons well being .....

Archived