Airport biometric systems catch 45,000 overstayers, 1,000 on blacklists

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, pmh2009 said:

Do you really need a biometric system to check how many overstayers are in the country???  A simple check of the  data compilation from all entry points would have found that!!! 

It's to legitimise mining of data in the guise of catching criminals. NOT !! Probably all the biometrics data is being sold/shared globally. Can't these richard craniums in slick fitting brown uniforms and badges, move along and do something useful to warrant their employment. Is the average Thai concerned with over stayers ??

25 minutes ago, Melbun said:

It's to legitimise mining of data in the guise of catching criminals. NOT !! Probably all the biometrics data is being sold/shared globally. Can't these richard craniums in slick fitting brown uniforms and badges, move along and do something useful to warrant their employment. Is the average Thai concerned with over stayers ??

I hope you are including all the western countries and not just Thailand in your rant about bio-metrics because all the western countries have it including your own home country. So the bio-metrics in your home country is being sold/shared globally? So the Richard Craniums in their immigration uniforms and badges in your home country and all the other western countries should move along and do something useful to warrant their employment? What would you suggest that they do, open the borders to every piece of rubbish to travel to whatever country they want to without any checks?

The biometric system is catching 45,000 overstayers... 

This would have been when they were attempting to depart the country (self-deportation)... and now they stay even longer.

Or did they want to say that they caught people trying to enter who had PREVIOUSLY been an overstayer and were banned from returning?

12 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Is one allowed to clean the screen before touching it?

Without joking now, I was thinking the same. Not sure they are too happy to see people spray something on the devices?

I remember in Qatar they provided spray and a tissue before scanning.

Also to avoid errors and better scanning through clean glass without previous prints on it.

My word is good.  I pay my way through life.  I am not a criminal.  Yet I arrive at Swampy and I am treated like a criminal.   Up until  that point I was never giving much thought to the government shananigans.....now, very different thoughts going through my mind. 

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

I hope you are including all the western countries and not just Thailand in your rant about bio-metrics because all the western countries have it including your own home country. So the bio-metrics in your home country is being sold/shared globally? So the Richard Craniums in their immigration uniforms and badges in your home country and all the other western countries should move along and do something useful to warrant their employment? What would you suggest that they do, open the borders to every piece of rubbish to travel to whatever country they want to without any checks?

Have they let you in?? - Where do you place yourself in the rubbish pile relatively speaking - top of the heap or the bottom ?? Many countries of course use facial recognition biometrics. Seems to be quite adequate for them. But Thailand had to go the full hog with fingerprinting + facial biometrics and God knows what else. But I guess there are more over stayers and criminals likely to invade Thailand. Now go back to your pile wise guy !!

4 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

My word is good.  I pay my way through life.  I am not a criminal.  Yet I arrive at Swampy and I am treated like a criminal.   Up until  that point I was never giving much thought to the government shananigans.....now, very different thoughts going through my mind. 

Come on, we are treated like potential criminals at airports ever since all those terror attacks ... shoes off etc. 

This has nothing to do with Swampy IMO ... just part of regular airport checks as you see it everywhere these days.

i.e. what about the list of questions I have to answer to Immi's when I enter the US? 

On 10/21/2019 at 3:50 PM, pmh2009 said:

Do you really need a biometric system to check how many overstayers are in the country???  A simple check of the  data compilation from all entry points would have found that!!! 

Not required for sure, all will be picked up by 90 day reports and the like...

On 10/21/2019 at 3:48 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

Just a matter of time before they start to demand  a DNA tests of every foreigner entering the country, a bood test on arrival. After all, every foreigner is a suspect.

A foreigner is anyone north of Lop Buri.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:49 PM, wgdanson said:

Just where are these SIXTEEN INTERNATIONAL airports in Thailand please?

Hat Yai, Krabi, Phuket, Ranong, Utapao, Trat, Suvarnabhumi, Don Muang, Mae Sot, Ubon Ratchathani, Khon Khaen, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Udon Thani, Koh Samui, Surat Thani.

Admittedly a struggle to think of them all, and I think there may be a couple more to compensate for the ones I may have got wrong!

2 hours ago, Grusa said:

Hat Yai, Krabi, Phuket, Ranong, Utapao, Trat, Suvarnabhumi, Don Muang, Mae Sot, Ubon Ratchathani, Khon Khaen, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Udon Thani, Koh Samui, Surat Thani.

Admittedly a struggle to think of them all, and I think there may be a couple more to compensate for the ones I may have got wrong!

Hua Hin to Kuala Lumpur, 17?

In a span of just three days, the system has helped police arrest 8,000 illegal immigrants,

They are working hard , arresting someone every 30 seconds, good to see some agencies are

doing their job efficiently

10 hours ago, CLS said:

45.000 surrendered as overstayers to authorities per year? And how many was it before the AI era?

Yes tsk tsk - each got a huge fine for this major infraction. A slap on the wrist, a 10 baht fine and bargirl privileges withdrawn until their next visit to the kingdom.

Congratulations.  You are telling bold face lies first off.

Second they are chasing out people that would like to spend money in Thailand.  Can't have that.

Third I ain't going back to Thailand.  I aint going to spend my money there to be treated like that.  Sorry not sorry!

2 hours ago, SilverBeast said:

Congratulations.  You are telling bold face lies first off.

Second they are chasing out people that would like to spend money in Thailand.  Can't have that.

Third I ain't going back to Thailand.  I aint going to spend my money there to be treated like that.  Sorry not sorry!

Interesting - but to whom are you responding??

Archived