Magnesium Sulfate/Korat

1Gringo

Not easy to find, in Thai it is ดีเกอื De-Gleu-uh,try some chemists shop. 

Or, it is used on dairy cows ,I live in a big cow area ,around here it is about 70 baht kg  if you ever go south a bit, feed shops in Pack Chon should have some ,lots of cows in the area.   

thanks for the replies.

I agree it's not easy to find.  back in Chiang Mai it was easy to find.

but as I said, this is for small and mostly container gardening.  25 kg is way, way too much.  1 kg would probably last me to my dying day.

I just got 6 bags (150kg) from a seller on Lazada.  Just remember to  click on their shop link as there there are quite a few who advertise it and don't show their bulk price except with the shop listing. BTW it was 620 baht/bag and free delivery.  Thailand made in December 2018.  The only down side is the way they stitch inner plastic bag with the heavier outer bag.  If not done right air can enter the bag.

IMG20191022152102.jpg

Be sure you need it, don't guess.  I just wrote some amendment recommendations based on actual deficiencies found in soil tests for farms in different parts of Thailand. Some were deficient in Mg, some had excess, most had Calcium deficiencies.  If you use MgSO4, MgO, or dolomite when Mg is already high compared to Ca, you will mess with the balance and tighten the soil, resulting in poor drainage and aeration and possibly contribute to root rot or other problems.  

20 hours ago, 1Gringo said:

drtreelove, that sounds nasty.

the sites on pepper growing recommend feeding it to pepper plants every month, though I don't give them that much all that frequently.

I just need a Kg or so.

It's just a wise thing not to load up on one or two nutrients because someone says your plant needs it, and ignore the rest.  Balance and the inter relationships of mineral amendments are vitally important to consider. 

Archived