BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Johnson on right side of the law over Brexit delay letter - lawyer

7 minutes ago, Billthekiwi said:

Eventually the Queen will have to intervene and dissolve parliament.

If she is firmly of the belief that the parliament is acting against the will of her people.

It may mean however that she will then have to pass over the crown to Prince Charles. Not that I mind Charles at all.

It could be a bad end to a great reign if this p*ss poor parliament continues to resist the people and they make her act for her people.

If they had any honour at all they would allow the people to vote in a general election.

But being craven caricatures of real men they are too afraid to be judged as lacking.

The sooner that Britain leaves the EU the better.

TBH I half expected HM to do just that last week.

• Like 2

With the speaker in parliament involving himself in politics I have to wonder if parliment has staged a coup against the Queen and the people.

No longer is the government in control but parliment itself.

It seems a bad year for democracy in the UK.

8 hours ago, Billthekiwi said:

With the speaker in parliament involving himself in politics I have to wonder if parliment has staged a coup against the Queen and the people.

No longer is the government in control but parliment itself.

It seems a bad year for democracy in the UK.

Your lack of knowledge of the UK Constitution, parliamentary process, it's representative democracy with parliament as the sovereign body, and role of HM in it's constitutional monarchy is staggering.

Governments are always accountable to parliament because parliament, not a government, is the sovereign body. And governments, and their officers, are most certainly not above the law.

Sadly, your seemingly vast lack of knowledge is mirrored by large numbers of the electorate.

• Thanks 1