Visa demographics

tom in bangkok

Visa demographics  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, tom in bangkok said:

I scarcely see a non-b thread or news relating to changes to non-b requirements.

Well, I'd guess that most folks on non-B are working for multi nationals (or similar) and we tend to get most of the red tape dealt with through personnel departments (or similar) hence the lack of threads. 

Just a guess, but apart from signing occasional forms, or being taken to the odd office at extension time (Immi or Min of Lab) as I have to do a few times a year, we 'Bs' get it comparatively easy especially when compared to the lads on retirements, or marriage Os.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

You still depend on it if you are on yearly extensions.

What do you write on your yearly TM.7 ?

The form I fill out requires a lot of historical information including  the airport I at which I entered Thailand, the flight I was on and the visa I used to enter, the year I was born and when my passport was issued and when it will expire. 

None of those things entitles me to stay in Thailand. I am legally here only because I have an extension of my permission to stay issued to me by Thai immigrations.

I am not here "on a visa." The visa I had expired long ago.

Edited by Suradit69

6 minutes ago, tom in bangkok said:

Whether it's a visa or extension, it's still based on one of the categories business, retirement etc. which is the point of the poll.

I've clarified the poll question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

The form I fill out requires a lot of historical information including  the airport I at which I entered Thailand, the flight I was on and the visa I used to enter, the year I was born and when my passport was issued and when it will expire. 

None of those things entitles me to stay in Thailand. I am legally here only because I have an extension of my permission to stay issued to me by Thai immigrations.

I am not here "on a visa." The visa I had expired long ago.

Quite correct but allow that with the new healthcare coverage requirements, it is those who entered on an O-A Visa that are affected. Thus, this is the critical determinant, not our Extension of Stays.