Daily self of achievement living in Thailand

BestB

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Roads are bigger in Oz and either way , reason for thai road deaths is the tourists who ride/drive without a DL. Have you forgotten what general said few weeks ago ?????????

I find the roads here ok, if only they knew how to use them properly!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BestB said:

Tourists get their license same way as Australians , just as tourists get their licenses same way as Thai 

I am sure different documents are needed, i can remember getting a drivers license for my Thai ex in the Netherlands was not as easy as getting one for a Dutch person. More papers were needed. Kinda the same as here. 

But good job trying to make a rant look positive its at least amusing.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am sure different documents are needed, i can remember getting a drivers license for my Thai ex in the Netherlands was not as easy as getting one for a Dutch person. More papers were needed. Kinda the same as here. 

But good job trying to make a rant look positive its at least amusing.

You are sure but you do not know   Ok????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Yeah 1 or 2 hours every 5 years is so bad.....

People using an agent to do driving licence??? You need about 3 documents... 

Its a bit longer then that but not as bad as people make it out to be. But people expecting life to be easy when you live in an other country then your own are a bit naive especially in a country like this. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 3:23 AM, BestB said:

Nah, its not any easier for Thai . Difference is we have something to compare it to where as Thai do not.

Exactly right!

We no longer live here full time instead visit a few months a year but your right about the hassles to do anything "official" and also right about it being just as bad for Thai's

Today my wife decided to open another bank account since we spend most of our time in a different city now than when we lived here so to avoid the extra withdrawal fees etc she opens a new BKB account in town.

Took an hour in an empty bank & even then she has no internet account access & needs to go back on another day so she can link her accounts. Not kidding an hour to open a simple savings in an empty bank. ????

I remember all the hoops or achievements as you called them I jumped thru when I lived here too ????

Drivers license, Tax forms to reclaim interest, selling or buying scooters or trucks needing the residence form etc. Vehicle registrations, Selling our condo & the property office craziness & yes don't even begin with the visa's,re-entry permits,etc etc

Don't miss it one bit ???? But today was a nice reminder of why we use to always say TIT baby

Edited by meechai

On 10/23/2019 at 8:01 AM, robblok said:

Its amazing that its harder to get a driving license in a foreign country then in your own. What an amazing concept. I wonder how tourists get a license in Oz.. im sure its easy ????

Tourists in OZ can not get an OZ driving licence to my knowledge must have International licence.  

My self achievements are cutting the grass, and polishing the car. My dogs yearly self achievement  is to snap at the ankles of immigration when they leave, comes back with a self satisfied grin wagging her tail, IMO her once a year achievement beats any of ours hands down.????

When it comes to present day Thai officialdom runaround/ridiculousness , I think I may have discovered the "piece de la resistance".

A close friend (Thai) needed to remove his tour van from the yellow plate system and convert it to a private vehicle. The whole debacle took 4 months ! I kid you not , 4 months. He had to put together a file of endless photos, bank statements, land titles, literally an essay on why he didn't want to use the vehicle for business any more. At one stage where it looked a sure fire success they said it wouldn't pass because his van picture was parked at his "rural place". So he ended up moving his house registration for a week just to satisfy their requirements!

Then again looked sure success, but the woman at the desk sent him back because his file wasn't as "big and beautiful" as the others - stressing how thick the other files in the pile were! Like some kind of Prathom 3 paper glut project!

Then when the file was accepted he naively thought that was the end. NO!!!! They took off his yellow plate and told him he would have to wait to see if his application was successful! So now basically it was an illegal vehicle with no registration that he had to keep off the road and just park. Then he waited about 6 weeks for them to have their meeting and decide. Lucky for him he was one of only 3 to pass from of a whole stack of he estimated to be around 30.

Then he still had to wait a couple of weeks before ordinary book and plate could be issued. This is to get out of the system and not in! The others that failed would have to have gone through I guess double the trouble to get back into the system!!! What a mess !!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1