Urine tests on road

Xaos

Hi just wonder what's the law if they detect marichuana. Lots of urine tests lately. I mean what if someone smoked in California wheres legal sold in pharmacies amd can be detected up for a month. I know they will want to extort moneys. But any line of defence there? Pay or go court or something. Court propabely 2000 fine?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

• Like 2

You fail the test you get arrested, as simple as that. Where you had your drugs makes no difference [emoji6]

Unless you have medical certificate confirming the need of use
U dont need it in California.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As they are already selling THC oil legally in shops in Bangkok and there are new laws that have been drafted and submitted to parliament I would say that it's a bit of a grey and uncertain area of the law.Having some sort of medical certificate or permission would be a better defence than not although not a guarantee and even without I'm sure the brown envelope may also be of assistance.I think you've got Buckley's of finding out what the actual law is at the moment,apart from what the lawman says it is but I'm just as keen to find an answer to this question. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

What if your bladder is empty at time of being pulled over ? now i realise why thais are always pissing at the road side.

They can take you in to a Hospital for a blood test . if you refuse they will lock you up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, andy85 said:

From my limited experience at a checkpoint, the roadside test kit detects the presence of amphetamines, not cannabis. I need to have some privacy while I pee, so having an angry bloke with an assault rifle watching my every move was not a fun time. Not sure what the Thai translation of 'performance anxiety' is, but he wasn't having any of it...

Very limited experience yes , you just know nothing. They check THC and meth all the time.

23 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

5000 thb on the spot, nothing else. But checks are easy to avoid also.

i know guy who paid 20k down south going by car, he smoked in usa legally

2 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

I recall reading an article that said if you can show that you were recently in a country where cannabis is legal, you would not be arrested for a positive test in Thailand. I sure wouldn't want test that provision here though. 

source please

It doesn't matter if marijuana is legal in the country where you smoked it.

THC can show traces in the hair (for sometimes up to 90 days).

And yes, they do test hair samples for drugs in Thailand - depends where you go and who're you're stopped by if you're in a taxi/car.

If you  plan to travel to Asia in the next 3 months, 

better not smoke anything.

Why take the risk?

• Haha 1