Urine tests on road

Xaos

18 hours ago, BestB said:

You fail the test you get arrested, as simple as that. Where you had your drugs makes no difference ????

Unless you have medical certificate confirming the need of use

A medical card from another country will do you no good here.

Thats a bad thing about weed, when I quit in 1996, it took 92 days to pass a pee test.

I had been smoking every day all day for 25+ yrs.

They need to develop a test can tell how long ago you smoked.

Not right if you smoke during weekend and are dirty next Tuesday or Weds and lose your job.

it is viewed the same as alcohol in legal states, yes it’s legal but you are not supposed to be driving or working under the influence.........same as alcohol.

• Like 2

That’s why I carry a copy of my prescription and letter of permission to grow and possess cannabis in my car, my bike and copies in my phone. 

Never been urine tested in the past 6 years but I don’t anticipate any problems if I did. 

Edited by Guitar God
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain 776 said:

Thats a bad thing about weed, when I quit in 1996, it took 92 days to pass a pee test.

Not right if you smoke during weekend and are dirty next Tuesday or Weds and lose your job.

it is viewed the same as alcohol in legal states, yes it’s legal but you are not supposed to be driving or working under the influence.........same as alcohol.

Wrong you can even technically import marijuana as any other controled medecine. 

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/03/01/how-to-possess-marijuana-legally-in-thailand-right-now/

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2019/01/24/thai-law-foreigners-and-the-medical-marijuana-law-explained/

Edited by Tayaout

have there been many tests roadside lately?  not heard much on here about any.

last i heard was about three years ago and my mate was tested on the main road in cha am, whilst driving his pick up

was lots on sukhumvit before, but the cops had to give that one up didnt they?

• Like 2

last i heard was about three years ago and my mate was tested on the main road in cha am, whilst driving his pick up

In Pattaya yes

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Urine test doesn't shows u under influence. It detects metabolites not thc. Its dumb test

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UKJASE said:

Been <deleted> tested 3 time in the past month.... in Pattaya.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Where was that? What was test for? Was it at night or day?

Mornings,

Pattaya Bypass.

Not sure what was tested.

I don't do drugs and have a 12hr bottle to throttle policy so these stops are just a minor inconvenience.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

As they are already selling THC oil legally in shops in Bangkok and there are new laws that have been drafted and submitted to parliament I would say that it's a bit of a grey and uncertain area of the law.Having some sort of medical certificate or permission would be a better defence than not although not a guarantee and even without I'm sure the brown envelope may also be of assistance.I think you've got Buckley's of finding out what the actual law is at the moment,apart from what the lawman says it is but I'm just as keen to find an answer to this question. 

Can you name where THC oil is being sold legally in any shop in Bangkok. Or anywhere in Thailand?

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, varun said:

It doesn't matter if marijuana is legal in the country where you smoked it.

THC can show traces in the hair (for sometimes up to 90 days).

And yes, they do test hair samples for drugs in Thailand - depends where you go and who're you're stopped by if you're in a taxi/car.

If you  plan to travel to Asia in the next 3 months, 

better not smoke anything.

Why take the risk?

No problem in Cambodia.

1 hour ago, Guitar God said:

That’s why I carry a copy of my prescription and letter of permission to grow and possess cannabis in my car, my bike and copies in my phone. 

Never been urine tested in the past 6 years but I don’t anticipate any problems if I did. 

You've got a letter to grow and possess cannabis in Thailand...5555. I want some of what you are smoking.

Please scan and post as I'm having a lot of trouble believing your claim.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Can you name where THC oil is being sold legally in any shop in Bangkok. Or anywhere in Thailand?

Many government hospitals now prescribe and sell marijuana oil. There is also accredited practitioners that do the same. Maybe try google we can't spoon feed you everything it has already been discussed in multiple threads. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xaos said:

Someone point me to actuall law about ganja being in ur system. All I can find is in regards to smuggling selling or production.

https://www.siam-legal.com/litigation/criminal-defence-drug-offences-in-thailand.php

I don’t take drugs and never have apart from alcohol but as a matter of interest googled  how long it stays in your system if that is your question?

According to tests conducted by the Mayo Clinic 

3 times weekly - 3 days

4 times weekly 5-7 days

Daily- 10-15 days

Multiple times daily- more than 30 days

Cannot imagine that if you are tested by the Thai Police that they will be interested where it was taken

• Like 1

7 hours ago, andy85 said:

I need to have some privacy while I pee, so having an angry bloke with an assault rifle watching my every move was not a fun time.

It may have been for him, never saw a farang one before.

11 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Many government hospitals now prescribe and sell marijuana oil. There is also accredited practitioners that do the same. Maybe try google we can't spoon feed you everything it has already been discussed in multiple threads. 

I have read widely on the issue, but thanks for our advice.

The claim was that there were shops selling THC.

NOT hospitals, doctors or any sort of other practitioner/prescriber. 

It was SHOPS!

The claim is BS.

Happy to be corrected so perhaps you can tell me where these shops are.

Didn't think so.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I have read widely on the issue, but thanks for our advice.

The claim was that there were shops selling THC.

NOT hospitals, doctors or any sort of other practitioner/prescriber. 

It was SHOPS!

The claim is BS.

Happy to be corrected so perhaps you can tell me where these shops are.

Didn't think so.

Yes I readed your question and the last line asked about "anywhere". I thought you did not get the memo. ????

There is shop selling CBD online and on Lazada but I would certainly not trust Lazada. 

Edited by Tayaout

1 minute ago, Tayaout said:

Yes I readed your question and the last line asked about "anywhere". I thought you did not get the memo. ????

Oh dear...there really is no hope at times. I said 'shops in Bangkok, or anywhere in Thailand'. Most intelligent, non pedantic, non belligerent people with a basic grasp of the English language would have understood that also referred to shops. 

If I had been referring to doctors or hospitals I would have clearly stated that.

Still, I guess when discussing the use of marijuana in a thread of this type, all sorts of stoners will chime in without being in full control of their faculties.

13 hours ago, emptypockets said:

medical marijuana is legal in Thailand

But as usual here things are dumb, for example they illegally <deleted> tests on the side of the road no matter when and where u smoked will extort you.

On the other hand they try to be trandy with this 

How dumb is this ? You support it or u are against it make your mind

13 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Mornings,

Pattaya Bypass.

Not sure what was tested.

I don't do drugs and have a 12hr bottle to throttle policy so these stops are just a minor inconvenience.

<deleted> tested ?