Urine tests on road

Xaos

Because they are invasive and difficult to administer, blood tests are used less frequently. They are typically used in investigations of accidents, injuries and DUIs.

.Cannabis is detectable in the blood for approximately 12–24 hours, with heavy/frequent use detectable in the blood for up to 7 days

On 10/21/2019 at 5:02 PM, Xaos said:

U dont need it in California.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Its still classified as a crime. Thailand is primitive in this respect and its only going to get worse. Gone are the glory days of happy go lucky free Thailand.

Its still classified as a crime. Thailand is primitive in this respect and its only going to get worse. Gone are the glory days of happy go lucky free Thailand.
They want to be trendy they organizing world ganja festival lol [emoji23] couldnt be worst place for it

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

I have received THC legally from a hospital in Thailand after a thorough screening process and health check. They gave me a green card with the details. This is Thailand so they got the expiry date wrong and the strength of the THC wrong (0.7% instead of 1.7%). Actually, I wanted CBD (which they didn't have yet), not THC, so I have not gone through the complicated FDA procedure to get a certificate for cannabis use yet.

I heard on a podcast interview with a Thai lawyer that if we get caught with legal THC the cops are likely to arrest us first and ask questions later. This makes sense as the laws are new and documentation still a grey area, but it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I have never been urine-tested but a few months ago coming back from Bangsaen with the family we were stopped and searched, and the 3 heavily tattooed nephews tested, but not the rest of us.

If they test for cannabis, it does stay in the blood a long time. Even most CBD has trace amounts of THC which will show up on some tests. 

I haven't seen THC available outside hospitals in Thailand. CBD from industrial hemp (from USA) is available online, though for about double what it costs in the UK.

Edited by orientalist
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, varun said:

It doesn't matter if marijuana is legal in the country where you smoked it.

THC can show traces in the hair (for sometimes up to 90 days).

And yes, they do test hair samples for drugs in Thailand - depends where you go and who're you're stopped by if you're in a taxi/car.

If you  plan to travel to Asia in the next 3 months, 

better not smoke anything.

Why take the risk?

no, cops do not check hair in thailand. Ridiculous to talk about what you don't know.

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2019 at 8:29 PM, Don Mega said:

Mornings,

Pattaya Bypass.

Not sure what was tested.

I don't do drugs and have a 12hr bottle to throttle policy so these stops are just a minor inconvenience.

never heard about morning tests, seems weird.

What is pattaya bypass ?! on SUKHUMVIT ?

5 hours ago, orientalist said:

I have received THC legally from a hospital in Thailand after a thorough screening process and health check. They gave me a green card with the details. This is Thailand so they got the expiry date wrong and the strength of the THC wrong (0.7% instead of 1.7%). Actually, I wanted CBD (which they didn't have yet), not THC, so I have not gone through the complicated FDA procedure to get a certificate for cannabis use yet.

I heard on a podcast interview with a Thai lawyer that if we get caught with legal THC the cops are likely to arrest us first and ask questions later. This makes sense as the laws are new and documentation still a grey area, but it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I have never been urine-tested but a few months ago coming back from Bangsaen with the family we were stopped and searched, and the 3 heavily tattooed nephews tested, but not the rest of us.

If they test for cannabis, it does stay in the blood a long time. Even most CBD has trace amounts of THC which will show up on some tests. 

I haven't seen THC available outside hospitals in Thailand. CBD from industrial hemp (from USA) is available online, though for about double what it costs in the UK.

Tested near BANGSAEN ?!

or when arrived at PATTAYA ?

On 10/22/2019 at 3:44 PM, andy85 said:

From my limited experience at a checkpoint, the roadside test kit detects the presence of amphetamines, not cannabis. I need to have some privacy while I pee, so having an angry bloke with an assault rifle watching my every move was not a fun time. Not sure what the Thai translation of 'performance anxiety' is, but he wasn't having any of it...

Just tell them to put the gun down so you can pee first.

On 10/22/2019 at 6:44 PM, hugocnx said:

Thai bondage? Clothes on.

Thats how you feel after experiencing going through checkpoints with urine tests, TM30 attempts online and forgetting to do the first one, and then someone crashing into your car on the way to immigration. So yeah the picture hits the feeling on the spot! "Up to you!"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, orientalist said:

Will you go back for CBD? As some clinics have it now. How complicated is the FDA procedure? After you have the medical certificate you then fill out the application right?

Besides, regarding these roadside tests, they don't cover THC rather amphetamines only right?

14 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

They do not do morning tests, this is not true.

What is your definition of morning? I used to see frequent roadblock in Bangkok when going for my morning jog at 4-5h. Lots of drunk people too. ????

On 10/22/2019 at 6:54 PM, Tayaout said:

One of us is reading it wrong......this is what I read:

.3 Sativa ONLY

No THC

The term “cannabis” in the new law, in a low-profile manner, is written to include hemp (scientific name: cannabis sativa L. subsp. sativa), a non-psychoactive plant. Hemp contains a very low (0.3 percent) level of psychoactive THC, compared to the 35 percent found in marijuana — though both are from the same family of Cannabaceae.”

I just picked up all my medical history from hospital today and go to Lampang Hospital next Weds to see if they will Approve me for CBD Oil.

I did not see anything about possessing Marijuana with 23-35% THC like available in legal USA states

Take the opportunity to run a simple health check:

If ants gather:- diabetes.
If you pee on your feet:- prostate

if it smells like a barbecue:- cholesterol

if, when you shake it & your wrist hurts:- osteoarthritis

if you return to your room with your member hanging outside your pants:- Alzheimer

18 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Tested near BANGSAEN ?!

or when arrived at PATTAYA ?

As I recall, it was a long weekend and we stayed overnight at Bangsaen, then went to Jomtien beach the next day. So the testing was on some highway between Jomtien and Bangkok on the way back around 9pm, but I wasn't driving so I don't really know where.

17 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Will you go back for CBD? As some clinics have it now. How complicated is the FDA procedure? After you have the medical certificate you then fill out the application right?

Besides, regarding these roadside tests, they don't cover THC rather amphetamines only right?

Yes, I will keep going back until I get the CBD. After 4 weeks the THC has only reduced the pain about 20%.

I read the FDA forms are in Thai and the gf is hopeless at reading, so I'll wait until I get onto a steady CBD treatment before applying.

I don't know if the tests cover THC. I'll ask someone I know who consults with the police. Hopefully not!

On 10/22/2019 at 6:49 PM, Guitar God said:

That’s why I carry a copy of my prescription and letter of permission to grow and possess cannabis in my car, my bike and copies in my phone. 

Never been urine tested in the past 6 years but I don’t anticipate any problems if I did. 

You have permission to grow weed in your car?????On a more serious note can you tell us where you got your letter from?

On 10/22/2019 at 8:38 PM, emptypockets said:

Can you name where THC oil is being sold legally in any shop in Bangkok. Or anywhere in Thailand?

The name of the shop is THC if you type medical cannabis shop Bangkok into google maps it will give you the location opposite the Baiyoke Sky tower,my wife went there and showed me via video message,I now have placed three successful orders which are sent via Kerry express.

18 hours ago, Tayaout said:

What is your definition of morning? I used to see frequent roadblock in Bangkok when going for my morning jog at 4-5h. Lots of drunk people too. ????

For me its been between 7 and 8am.... good time for a road block to catch people heading to work.

This thread may sound legit and interesting, but....I've been in Thailand 15+ yrs and never been tested.  Also, I know guys who smoke pot IN THAILAND on a regular basis and they don't worry about a urine test...or any other test.  Anyways, carry on. 

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2019 at 2:46 PM, emptypockets said:

That’s why I carry a copy of my prescription and letter of permission to grow and possess cannabis in my car,

On 10/22/2019 at 2:46 PM, emptypockets said:

You've got a letter to grow and possess cannabis in Thailand...5555. I want some of what you are smoking.

Please scan and post as I'm having a lot of trouble believing your claim.

No, he can only grow it and possess it in his car.