Thai Airways banks on food business to cut losses

webfact

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

TG isn't a real company, it's now a zombie company living with the second highest debt of any airline in the world, and saddled with some of the most incompetent management in the world.

As Thailand Airways (THAI) is majority state-owned, you fairly well describe the mind set of the current and predecessor government.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Orders from airlines account for 90 per cent of Thai Airways's catering revenue. It currently serve 50 airlines and is looking for new customers in the European, US and the Middle East markets.

For the non-aviation food business, the goal is to grow 20 per cent per year

In terms of free enterprise, there's something disturbing about the expansion of Thai Airways beyond direct Thai Airways business activities, ie., catering its own airlines and carrying passengers.

Thai Airways is a state-owned enterprise.

As we have seen, its lengthy history for lack of competitiveness and economic success is not constrained by normal economic consequences such as bankruptcy or breakup. State-ownership has provided the airways with seemingly unlimited capital infusions via the Thai taxpayer who must  replenish Treasury bailouts of the airways.

For the State to further engage in businesses beyond Thai Airways itself not only goes beyond protecting the alleged reputation of the nation as a state national carrier, but directly competes in effect as a state-owned conglomerate against free enterprises, both domestic and international. This is a betrayal of the government's alleged purpose for its investment in the Airways and corruption of an free enterprise system that is typically characteristic of a democracy.

The Thai State needs to divest its majority ownership and let the law of economics take its course.

new modification to thai airoplanes new chinney stack    5 seats taken out  room for  stove with wok 

market place buying just on time to leave 

fueled by chacoal cos light less kg 

plastic bowell noodles and vegatables 1000 baht cheap  

that will make a profit   never in my life have i heard that an airline must make the profit from food  

most airline food i in econemy is <deleted> if u look i think^)% is binned people dont eat 

now i buy a a bread filled with old cheese and salad eat that   buy before go or take in bag 

2 weeks ago the klm had nothing cos was a strike of catering didnt see many people complain. but guess they made a profit cos no need serve or pay meals but on your ticket no refund 

just said sorry end story  

an idea for thai  air    excuse sorry no food caterers on strike  waa  have a nice day 

Archived