Suvarnabhumi, another low quality experience

Doge

OK, it's not yet the train wreck that is JFK but a really unsatisfactory experience especially after flying thru ICN.

We had to walk a long distance to immigration passing a closed area and fast track mafia area. Just gets more and more scammy by year.

The area I recall for visa on arrival before was small and not especially crowded. Absolutely mobbed with people from developing countries.

Took the Thai channel with wife. Four European farang in the line thought to good to queue with the rest of the farang. Fumbled and stumbled thru immigration, IO quite unhappy.

Cleared immigration quickly but then had to walk back the other way to get the bag. The dreadful A380 and it's luggage tumbled out off the belt, overflowed on carousel and staff could not care less. Mayhem.

Green channel absolutely mobbed so we walked back the other way, line was minimal. Sheep.

On exit the airport was absolutely flooded with newbie travelers. Confused, taking photos, queueing for sim cards. Scammy Thai riff raff well established working crowds inside airport. Things never change. Attractive Arab woman literally stopped in front of the down escalator blocking passage taking selfies.

Crowds really surprising for October.

We walked back and forth across the airport three times. Ridiculous.

Taxi driver was sullen. Car was old and AC not working

The upside, Jim Beam 30b cheaper and Black Beam 850b.

Really miss the early 90s, flying into Don Muang...

Outbound immigration mobbed, biometrics in place. Line went much faster than I'd anticipated.

I hate A380 so much. Tiny bit more leg room. No toilets but a flash boutique in back selling overpriced rubbish that can be bought in any airport and most civilized cities (KAL)

5 hours ago, johng said:

A long haul airplane with no toilets ?

5 hours ago, johng said:

A long haul airplane with no toilets ?

The back two sections of the A380 had only two toilets. Perhaps sixty rows in 3 4 3 configuration. Insane.

But you could buy lotion in the gift shop...

I guess I must live a charmed life. I’ve never had any bad experiences coming in or out of Thailand. Probably 40 + times thru in the last 10 years. The Mrs and I just flew back to the States this week. Literally no wait at security going out and less than 5 minutes through immigration. We do tend to book flights that arrive and leave late at night so that may have something to do with it. I’ll stick with that given some of the horror stories I read about on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived