National Office of Buddhism asked to warn temples not to fell precious trees for commercial gain

webfact

National Office of Buddhism asked to warn temples not to fell precious trees for commercial gain

51.jpg

The Royal Forest Department has sought urgent cooperation from the National Office of Buddhism to remind temples that the department’s recent decision, to allow the felling or pruning of precious trees on privately-owned land plots, was intended to encourage people to grow precious trees for commercial purposes, but did not apply to fully-grown precious trees, some of which are over 100 years old.

The department’s alert came after it discovered that several temples had allowed loggers to fell precious trees in temple grounds in exchange for money.

Mr. Atthapol Charoenchansa, director-general of the Royal Forest Department, told Thai PBS that it is a shame that several precious 100 year old trees, such as Yang Na, Takien and teak, were felled with the consent of the temples.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/national-office-of-buddhism-asked-to-warn-temples-not-to-fell-precious-trees-for-commercial-gain/

thaipbs.jpg

So the greedy monks allow wonderful symbols of the natural world which is fundamental in Buddhism, as well as to the well being of all mankind to be felled and butchered for a few baht! The abbots of such temples should be sacked immediately as they are clearly not Buddhists!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The department’s alert came after it discovered that several temples had allowed loggers to fell precious trees in temple grounds in exchange for money.

Be fair, how else will they be able to afford their laptops, apple phones, cars, drugs , booze, women and gifts for small children? 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

several temples had allowed loggers to fell precious trees in temple grounds in exchange for money.

Bald head, the need for cash, yep, sounds about right!

The Buddha seems to be broke on a regular basis, hence the many collections.

precious.jpg

Very spot on.... Have you seen some of the Temples in Mahasarakan?My jaw wouldn't close.....The size of tree trunk supporting the building some over 50 metres tall ....... Some wood I have never ever even heard of....We made a wooden house from wooden pallets ...

So the greedy monks allow wonderful symbols of the natural world which is fundamental in Buddhism, as well as to the well being of all mankind to be felled and butchered for a few baht! The abbots of such temples should be sacked immediately as they are clearly not Buddhists!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Please excuse spelling mistakes/Grammar and Misunderstandings!
Best
Hash

Archived