Future Forward party bans rogue MP from party activities

webfact

Future Forward party bans rogue MP from party activities

61.jpg

Future Forward MP for Chon Buri’s Constituency 7, Ms. Kavinnart Takhee, who twice voted against the party’s position, has been banned from engaging in party activities, pending a disciplinary probe.

Party secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul told the media today (Monday) that the investigation is to be conducted by a panel, led by party-list MP Chamnan Chanruang, and will begin after the by-election in Nakhon Pathom province on Wednesday.

The panel’s ruling will be submitted to the party’s executive committee for finalization. According to the party’s rules, there are four steps to disciplinary action against a violator of the party’s rules, starting with a formal warning, then probation, then removal of certain membership rights and finally dismissal.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/future-forward-party-bans-rogue-mp-from-party-activities/

thaipbs.jpg

The Future Forward party is proving to be the only political party with any integrity. I doubt any of the other parties care a fig about how individuals vote once in parliament. If you stand for parliament on a particular party manifesto, you should always vote on party lines as this is what the electorate voted for. Otherwise resign from the party and stand as an independent!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I think Future Forward is right here: OK, if an MP votes once against party policy, that can be tolerated. But twice - and likely more times in the future (and we are talking MAJOR issues here)? 

I agree with Piyabuttr: there is no point having or joining a political party if people just vote any which way they want to, and disregard the basic political ideals and principles on which the party is founded.

Let such types leave the Future Forward and join a party where they might feel more at home (like Prayut's noble bunch ....?).

46 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I think Future Forward is right here: OK, if an MP votes once against party policy, that can be tolerated. But twice - and likely more times in the future (and we are talking MAJOR issues here)? 

Would remind you that Communist Corbyn and his lefty momentum cronies are decimating the UK Labour party by getting rid of anyone who votes how he does not want them to vote. So, that is understandable too ? 

8 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Democracy is better served when MP's are not told how to vote, however it is rare to see a party brave enough to allow it.

But in this case they make them vote the way of the party or else.. is that democracy ? I am not sure I have no opinion. I understand people should tow the party line but on the other hand it can be bad too. No real opinion here.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

But in this case they make them vote the way of the party or else.. is that democracy ? I am not sure I have no opinion. I understand people should tow the party line but on the other hand it can be bad too. No real opinion here.

I see it in many different governments. It is not just here. MP's should represent their constituents first and then the party. And both as much as possible. It always makes me mad to see an MP censured for having his own mind,

3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I see it in many different governments. It is not just here. MP's should represent their constituents first and then the party. And both as much as possible. It always makes me mad to see an MP censured for having his own mind,

I think i seen something like this in the Netherlands too in some parties. But can't be sure. But I can see both sides of the argument. I like future forward a lot, i have no real opinion as there are arguments for both sides.

But i get what you mean that they should represent their constituents first. But we dont even know what he voted on that was against the party line and how it influenced constituents. 

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think in general if you join a particular party then you should tow the party line... you can share individual ideologies with colleagues but the vote at the end of the day should be as one. 

If you wish to vote as an individual because you don't agree the party line then go independent !

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I think in general if you join a particular party then you should tow the party line... you can share individual ideologies with colleagues but the vote at the end of the day should be as one.

With that logic, I guess the US will not be able to get 2/3rds of the Senate to impeach Trump.......

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

My post had nothing to do with the USA or Trump... go pick a another member !

Your post had everything to do with the situation in the US, as at least 16 Republican Senators will have to cross their party line and join the Democrats to impeach Trump. Bad thing? I don't think so -- country before party seems a good thing. McCain was a famous US Senator, known as the maverick, for crossing party lines for the 'greater good'. The ability to cross party lines, and stick your finger in the eye of party dogma, is how compromise is reached. Not necessarily routinely -- but when needed.

13 hours ago, JimGant said:

Your post had everything to do with the situation in the US, as at least 16 Republican Senators will have to cross their party line and join the Democrats to impeach Trump. Bad thing? I don't think so -- country before party seems a good thing. McCain was a famous US Senator, known as the maverick, for crossing party lines for the 'greater good'. The ability to cross party lines, and stick your finger in the eye of party dogma, is how compromise is reached. Not necessarily routinely -- but when needed.

Kindly go find a USA/Trump forum to spout your message.... leave me out of it.
I'm in Thailand posting about Thailand on a Thai subject....

Stop hijacking my post so you can have a rant about another entirely different issue !

Archived