Johnson faces perilous Brexit ratification after deal vote blocked

webfact

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SheungWan said:

Actually no. There were no terms specified in the referendum, so any claims by Hard Brexiteers that there was and that = no-deal is false, from beginning to end, from top to bottom.

Not at all , leave means leave  , leave doesn't mean leave a bit and stay a bit, leave  means completely leave 

Oh Tebee, that "deal" never passed so it is not available, although it is strangely very similar to Boris's shocker.
Surprising how shy Hard Brexiteers are in openly opposing Boris's deal other than mindlessly advocating no-deal while at the same time pretending Boris's agreement just wasn't there.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What dont you like about Boris's deal ?

It's a pretty bad deal, businesswise and it separates NI from the rest of the UK, probably eventually leading to a united Ireland.

But it not just me, even Farage doesn't like it  

iy3hA5a.png

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

It's a pretty bad deal, businesswise and it separates NI from the rest of the UK, probably eventually leading to a united Ireland.

But it not just me, even Farage doesn't like it  

iy3hA5a.png

Tebee, you can't be saying that you agree with Farage, surely?

More Conservative pundits that refuse to drink ther Johnson Kool-Aid, But of course the Cummings/Liar soundbite is 'Just get it done'. 'Give us an election you wimps'. No. 

But you would have thought the fact that the DUP still are not happy with it would have given pause for thought, given that the big reason the original backstop was so unacceptable was that UK divergence from EU regulation would have meant leaving Northern Ireland behind. So what’s changed? It is still stuffed full of unwarranted payments, egregious liabilities, undemocratic subjection, and more room for mischief than a Commons chamber full of monkeys. Which, coincidentally, is not far from what it will face.

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/welcome-to-groundhog-brexit/

12 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Surprising how shy Hard Brexiteers are in openly opposing Boris's deal other than mindlessly advocating no-deal while at the same time pretending Boris's agreement just wasn't there.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This looks like a statement of confused panic.

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

This looks like a statement of confused panic.

After the departure of the much missed Grouse Sheung Wan is the ardent voice of sanity and reason. You would do well to listen and learn. ????????

Brexiteers - Take the Pledge....

https://www.brexitpledge.co.uk/promotional-video

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

They've jumped ship to Eton Liar Johnson's 'friend of the working class'  ship of fools.......who according to his own promises is due to die in a ditch. If only he could be trusted on his promises. 

Well I think he spoke of it as a preference rather than a promise. Although I can see why some people would want him to act on his word. 

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

After the departure of the much missed Grouse Sheung Wan is the ardent voice of sanity and reason. You would do well to listen and learn. ????????

Yes, I miss Grouse. But they are quite different. Grouse at least would change track occasionally, if his needle got stuck.

If you are reading Grouse, then good and hello. Hope you are as well as can be.

Goodnight all.

11 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

They've jumped ship to Eton Liar Johnson's 'friend of the working class'  ship of fools.......who according to his own promises is due to die in a ditch. If only he could be trusted on his promises. 

You are twisting things .

Boris did not promise to die in a ditch

21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

How do you suggest that the Irish issue be solved ?

There is no good solution other than remaining in the SM and CU

EHfsf6VWwAA-qcl?format=png&name=360x360

D in this diagram does not exist anywhere in the real world. 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

It was a figure of speech and it wasnt a statement of intent  .

Are you unfamiliar with the English language ?

The key word here is 'promise' a word that means nothing to our Great Liar in Chief. Most of us here know what a 'promise' is - well I do hope Malagateddy does - my PM is coming soon....

This is the Johnsonian way. The lies, the performative phrases, the layers of persona—they accrete, one on top of another, flecked here and there with Latin, until everyone has forgotten what the big deal was. In Brussels, Johnson confined himself to dodgy journalism. When he returned to London, he brought the same approach to jobs, extramarital affairs, and political stances. 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/24/the-empty-promise-of-boris-johnson#

39 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Oh Tebee, that "deal" never passed so it is not available, although it is strangely very similar to Boris's shocker.

Neither has Boris's deal !

Archived