Johnson faces perilous Brexit ratification after deal vote blocked

webfact

1 hour ago, transam said:

You, a non Brit, are now speaking for all EU foreigners it seems...Hmmmm, we will soon be away from all that stuff.....Then, you can have a go at the next country that is pi__ed off with that kind of stuff.....????

You seem very happy to speak up for the majority of the UK with a 31/2 year old mandate from around 32% of the population. You do not speak for me. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, nauseus said:

Nonsense. Bercow has lost any integrity that he might have had with his continual biased stance. By doing this he has also degraded the integrity of the HoC. 

MP’s from all sides have commented how Bercow has given more power to the backbenchers. You could call it democracy. 

He’s a national treasure 

22 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

MP’s from all sides have commented how Bercow has given more power to the backbenchers. You could call it democracy. 

He’s a national treasure 

He lost his way at around the same time as the bullying allegations against him first surfaced. History will not be kind to him.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

He’s a national disgrace.

Boris and his leech Cummings are a disgrace.  The speaker is heading for well deserved royal recognition.  It's a shame you don't like his opinion, but the fact that you can't see his value is a sad reflection on your bias.

14 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Why the EU should need any replacement for the UK ? ( if Scotland and Ulster already donot stay in the.. Gaelic (con)federation, just as Belgium already is ?)

The import duty acc. WTO-rules of UK goods imported into the EU brings much more EU-revenues than the present UK-contribution. And when some - mostly Industrial products - imports are replaced by EU production itsself.. a double-win situation for the EU. EU exports to UK are for an interesting part fresh fruits and vegs. Good luck with replacements from Canada, South Africa or New Zealand.

"I say Poirot, what is this fellow talking about"...?

poirot2.jpg.1e3ffbc99f10afa21d32f1bdc9040ec8.jpg

12 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

You seem very happy to speak up for the majority of the UK with a 31/2 year old mandate from around 32% of the population. You do not speak for me. 

I know I don't, plus I never take any notice of what you write either...????

2 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

johnson down and out following the parliament punch. Roll on a GE.

You seem to overlook the fact that Boris was sent to get a deal and he got one. Parliament has backed that deal.

Roll on Boris.

8 hours ago, Slip said:

Boris and his leech Cummings are a disgrace.  The speaker is heading for well deserved royal recognition.  It's a shame you don't like his opinion, but the fact that you can't see his value is a sad reflection on your bias.

I think you are pinned the word bias to the wrong person.

Although you did at least mention the Speaker who has been the most biased on record.

7 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

You need to keep up to date. 

It is only the timetable that has been rejected.

Won’t make the 31st October target date (unless the EU decide not to extend) but, take the extension, call Corbyn’s bluff on an election - Tories returned with a working majority, get the Withdrawal Bill through the HoC.

10 hours ago, Slip said:

My bias? Ha ha ha.

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

It is only the timetable that has been rejected.

Won’t make the 31st October target date (unless the EU decide not to extend) but, take the extension, call Corbyn’s bluff on an election - Tories returned with a working majority, get the Withdrawal Bill through the HoC.

And that will be in 2022 or how will that fool get his election when he lies dead in his ditch?

10 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And that will be in 2022 or how will that fool get his election when he lies dead in his ditch?

Well done. You fell for that deflection.

It is like Cameron saying Leave means Leave, May saying No Deal is better than a bad deal, Labour saying we will honour the referendum result and. Corbyn  saying I want an election.

Learn not to attack the individual but what he does..... oh look, he got a deal from the EU that enabled the HoC to vote in favour of the Withdrawal Bill.  

12 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Well done. You fell for that deflection.

It is like Cameron saying Leave means Leave, May saying No Deal is better than a bad deal, Labour saying we will honour the referendum result and. Corbyn  saying I want an election.

...and Johnson saying he will get the UK by 31 October or be dead in a ditch? Maybe Corby will stick to his promise if Johnson sticks to his ???? (but I’m afraid Johnson is the serial liar here)

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, JonnyF said:

We haven't left the EU yet. We can't sign trade deals until we have left. Not many countries are going to invest time and effort agreeing trade deals with us while Remainers are still trying to overturn the Democratic vote.

I'd be more worried about the EU if I was you. How's the EU's trade deals with China and the US coming along? Which country are you going to replace the UK with? There are 5 on the waiting list...

Turkey

Macedonia

Montenegro

Serbia

Albania

Good Luck with them ????

Looks more like the list of countries that will be "lining up" to sign trade deals with the UK if they ever exit.

26 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

...and Johnson saying he will get the UK by 31 October or be dead in a ditch? Maybe Corby will stick to his promise if Johnson sticks to his ???? (but I’m afraid Johnson is the serial liar here)

His turn of phrase was “I would rather be dead in a ditch than ask for a Brexit delay”.

You do understand a turn of phrase, don’t you?

Archived