Johnson faces perilous Brexit ratification after deal vote blocked

webfact

27 minutes ago, transam said:

The speaker is stitching folk up because he is out of there in a few days...He should be called to book....Now who controls him...?

Moves are afoot there trans via a private prosecution currently being drafted.

Of course MSM won't be touching it & they'll encounter more obstacles than Aintree but I am nonetheless pleased that as soon as he is dethroned Bercow is in for the ride he so richly deserves.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Of course MSM won't be touching it & they'll encounter more obstacles than Aintree but I am nonetheless pleased that as soon as he is dethroned Bercow is in for the ride he so richly deserves.

Not another of these ‘Private’ litigations you are so fond but that never go anywhere?

5 hours ago, tebee said:

I liked Neil - he could quite happily take the <deleted> out of himself. Saw him do just that in the "red Review" at Brighton Pavilion back in '89 

Just CYA cos he made so many kokups. A real winner there.

38 minutes ago, nauseus said:

But this method seems to be a favourite of remainers? Someone else's turn.

Remainer vitriol has substantially increased the numbers signing up and donating ....

Image result for british recruiting office

The best we can hope is they keep it up :clap2:

The speaker is stitching folk up because he is out of there in a few days...He should be called to book....Now who controls him...?
The Speaker is controlled by the House of Commons. There is not one decision made by the Speaker which is not justified. The only ones being "stitched up" so to speak have been the PM and Co. attempting to break the rules. So sorry.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The Speaker is controlled by the House of Commons. There is not one decision made by the Speaker which is not justified. The only ones being "stitched up" so to speak have been the PM and Co. attempting to break the rules. So sorry.

That post just shows that you really do not have a clue what you are talking about or just on a wind up...

We ALL know that Bercow has been double dealing to stop Brexit. Now if you don't know that, then to me it adds up, regarding some daft stuff you come out with...

19 hours ago, evadgib said:

Please, stop this 'boo hoo, the whole world is against us'. You caused this yourself.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Please, stop this 'boo hoo, the whole world is against us'. You caused this yourself.

Another really daft post....

Get a grip man, we are very sorry you are a smarting remainer, try to stop sobbing, ???? enjoy any hobbies you have, the pain will soon pass.....????

1 hour ago, transam said:

Another really daft post....

Get a grip man, we are very sorry you are a smarting remainer, try to stop sobbing, ???? enjoy any hobbies you have, the pain will soon pass.....????

Not sobbing at all, and hard at work.

I'm just waiting for the first post in which a brexiteer admits they have made a mess of things, in stead of keep on blaming remainers. First the EU was to blame for all, then May and the EU, and now parliament and the EU Please.

35 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Not sobbing at all, and hard at work.

I'm just waiting for the first post in which a brexiteer admits they have made a mess of things, in stead of keep on blaming remainers. First the EU was to blame for all, then May and the EU, and now parliament and the EU Please.

Good grief chap, us Brexiteers have made a mess of nothing, our "wonderful" MP's have, you know, the folk who are looking after their OWN interests....????

We're now left in the appalling position where there is no possible way to actually leave the EU - as parliament has made it very clear that they have no intention of leaving/the EU has made it clear that they will grant never ending extensions/parliament has no intention of even allowing another GE.

A continual state of 'limbo' - which only further damages the UK.

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Good grief chap, us Brexiteers have made a mess of nothing, our "wonderful" MP's have, you know, the folk who are looking after their OWN interests....????

Yes, thanks for confirming.

51 minutes ago, el torro said:

We're now left in the appalling position where there is no possible way to actually leave the EU - as parliament has made it very clear that they have no intention of leaving/the EU has made it clear that they will grant never ending extensions/parliament has no intention of even allowing another GE.

A continual state of 'limbo' - which only further damages the UK.

B Johnson stated that Parliament passed the WAB.

Appears to be a bit contradictory to claim MPs no intention of leaving whilst at the same time the same MPs voted for the very Bill to leave

Great. We've just reached a position where the tory party is split between gaining acceptance for johnson's fudge agreement, or having a GE.

For starters, a lot depends on whether the EU would sanction an extension - which looks very likely. That the UK could leave at any point before that could be also possible. 

So when johnsson tries to gain acceptance, he will be battered by a shed load of amendments that the brexiteers won't agree to and, IMO, he'll call it off and seek aa GE. Whether he'll get the number of votes needed is another issue. 

Which means we could be stuck on yet another impasse - and the pound would sink once more...

God give me patience with this lot of self-seeking MPS.  Well, as we're nearing 5th November, maybe there's one way out...

That post just shows that you really do not have a clue what you are talking about or just on a wind up...
We ALL know that Bercow has been double dealing to stop Brexit. Now if you don't know that, then to me it adds up, regarding some daft stuff you come out with...
For the Hard Brexiteers the Speaker of the House of Commons just another Enemy Of The People. The HBs outraged that they cannot bypass the Law or Parliament. Bottom line is to follow what Parliament wants. In addition the Govt has been further trashing its own majority throughout. So what do the cheerleaders do every time? Blame someone else for their predicament.

Thrashing around after losing.

Great. We've just reached a position where the tory party is split between gaining acceptance for johnson's fudge agreement, or having a GE.

For starters, a lot depends on whether the EU would sanction an extension - which looks very likely. That the UK could leave at any point before that could be also possible. 

So when johnsson tries to gain acceptance, he will be battered by a shed load of amendments that the brexiteers won't agree to and, IMO, he'll call it off and seek aa GE. Whether he'll get the number of votes needed is another issue. 

Which means we could be stuck on yet another impasse - and the pound would sink once more...
God give me patience with this lot of self-seeking MPS.  Well, as we're nearing 5th November, maybe there's one way out...
Sterling prefers continued gridlock over Hard Brexit. If the gridlock continues past October 31, Boris will have to re-consider. And they can stop with those stupid adverts in the newspapers and on TV.

43 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

'God give me patience with this lot of self-seeking MPS.  Well, as we're nearing 5th November, maybe there's one way out'..     You called!   555555

1 hour ago, cleopatra2 said:

B Johnson stated that Parliament passed the WAB.

Appears to be a bit contradictory to claim MPs no intention of leaving whilst at the same time the same MPs voted for the very Bill to leave

The WAB has not been "passed", it was approved at second reading and from there should move to Committee stage but MP's rejected the timetable and the Bill has been stalled. It cannot be considered "passed" until done and dusted.

You are right in the view that the vote that did get approval would indicate an intention to accept the bill in principle. In fact it was Bojo that came closest to killing the Bill when he threatened to pull it.

50 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The WAB has not been "passed", it was approved at second reading and from there should move to Committee stage but MP's rejected the timetable and the Bill has been stalled. It cannot be considered "passed" until done and dusted.

You are right in the view that the vote that did get approval would indicate an intention to accept the bill in principle. In fact it was Bojo that came closest to killing the Bill when he threatened to pull it.

I agree with you

My response was to highlight the only people preventing the bill from potential passing is the government themselves.

There is nothing stopping the government putting a sensible timetable forward for debate except Boris self imposed deadline.

Archived