Johnson faces perilous Brexit ratification after deal vote blocked

webfact

2 hours ago, david555 said:

I believe commissioners are first grilled by the E.U. before accepted ….that's why 2 where not accepted a short time ago ….. so what you think are his chances with his Eu history already ...????

I heard Farage likes a barbie! 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Yes. There was nothing about the terms of withdrawal. That is the responsibility of Parliament, not some mythical People's Vote. The cheap trick from the Hard Brexiteers is painting all deals as = remain. Shallow and dishonest.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is only one deal on offer and that one is potentially going to be worse than remaining. How bad it is will depend on how the EU behaves once the UK is confine to the cooler, with no voice at all. It is not something to look forward to. 

40 minutes ago, david555 said:

Shall become Monday as earliest ….maybe later as the Westminster sky could clear up …..Maybe Macron get his way …?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/oct/25/brexit-boris-johnson-pushes-pre-christmas-election-as-eu-meets-to-decide-on-extension-politics-live

Brexit: Barnier says EU unable to decide length of delay due to UK election debate – live news

2019-10-25_171820.png

So we do know there will be one...no surprise there. Bet they call 11th December!

9 minutes ago, evadgib said:

This'll give the Rhubarb brigade a hernia ????

(Content not poster, which in this case inc GG & RT and is pretty much on the button in what he says)

Hernias and worse. He went back to WWII as well!

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

BBQ...Barbeque...Barbie...outside party grill....sausages...burgers....steaks....chops...and beer of course.  

Oh ….. you only referred to grilled ,  oh maybe I catch that expression from American English about those hearing commissions on Russian intrusion in case Trump, I didn't knew you don't use that expression…. oh those Eaton guy's with perfect English ????

1 hour ago, transam said:

The facts are, we voted to leave. That is a fact, but MP's, the house speaker and a few posters here, do not want that fact implemented because it may upset their own stuff. Fact....

oh good, so us remain posters here are helping to stop brexit, I'll keep up the good work. 

19 minutes ago, nauseus said:

There is only one deal on offer and that one is potentially going to be worse than remaining. How bad it is will depend on how the EU behaves once the UK is confine to the cooler, with no voice at all. It is not something to look forward to. 

There's at least 2 deals on offer !

But why must we suspend our critical facilities and accept this one as being the mythical "will o' the people" that people voted for ?

There are a good number of the leave side, Farage included, that say it isn't.

iy3hA5a.png

The vote of 17.4 million people has been hijacked by Brexit fundamentalists to mean they all voted for no deal.

None of these brexit fundamentalists talked about no deal prior to the referendum. Indeed they were at pains to claim that we would be staying in the single market.

Why?

Because if they had told the truth there is no way 17.4 million people would have voted for it.

These brexit fundamentalist have one goal. To prevent the UK having to sign up to laws which curb tax evasion and avoidance.

Brexiteers. You have been lied to.

If you continue to support Brexit then all you are doing is facilitating the ruination of the UK.  

2 hours ago, tebee said:

There's at least 2 deals on offer !

But why must we suspend our critical facilities and accept this one as being the mythical "will o' the people" that people voted for ?

There are a good number of the leave side, Farage included, that say it isn't.

iy3hA5a.png

This is the one "deal" I referred to - I don't like it either - where is the second?

25 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The vote of 17.4 million people has been hijacked by Brexit fundamentalists to mean they all voted for no deal.

None of these brexit fundamentalists talked about no deal prior to the referendum. Indeed they were at pains to claim that we would be staying in the single market.

Why?

Because if they had told the truth there is no way 17.4 million people would have voted for it.

These brexit fundamentalist have one goal. To prevent the UK having to sign up to laws which curb tax evasion and avoidance.

Brexiteers. You have been lied to.

If you continue to support Brexit then all you are doing is facilitating the ruination of the UK.  

Wrong. 17.399 million took no notice of lies from elements of both campaigns and would have voted to leave anyway. 

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Oh ….. you only referred to grilled ,  oh maybe I catch that expression from American English about those hearing commissions on Russian intrusion in case Trump, I didn't knew you don't use that expression…. oh those Eaton guy's with perfect English ????

I suppose it is easier just to go to MacDonald's!

And some good news because Brexit ….

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/25/production-of-brexit-50p-coin-paused-amid-departure-uncertainty

Production of Brexit 50p coin paused amid exit uncertainty

About 1,000 already-minted coins with ‘31 October 2019’ leave date could be worth up to £800 each

2019-10-25_220302.png

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

This is the one "deal" I referred to - I don't like it either - where is the second?

May's - that still available if we want - though choosing between that a boris's is like picking which turd you want to eat for lunch...

There were many inconsistances In what was said by both sides of the Brexit arguements, but what is not inconsistant is what our leaders told us, they catagorically stated that we would be leaving the single market and the customs union.
People said a lot of things, but the terms of exit not specified on the referendum paper and that is the bottom line.

So then, Hard Brexiteers now split on Boris's deal.

6 hours ago, vogie said:

There were many inconsistances In what was said by both sides of the Brexit arguements, but what is not inconsistant is what our leaders told us, they catagorically stated that we would be leaving the single market and the customs union.

They also said "Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop - we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave"

Don't need one, 17+ million provided the fact that we leave. You, and a few others here, can waffle round it all you like, but you all know the vote was leave.

Time for your gang to stop hiding behind your own agenda and respect the vote.
So then, for or against Boris's deal?

46 minutes ago, tebee said:

May's - that still available if we want - though choosing between that a boris's is like picking which turd you want to eat for lunch...

Oh Tebee, that "deal" never passed so it is not available, although it is strangely very similar to Boris's shocker.

40 minutes ago, tebee said:

They also said "Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop - we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave"

Which "leader" said that?

Archived